Chapter 14

She's My Girl...

Hyunji's POV

After what seemed like forever I stopped crying all over Kai's shirt. I looked up and around, realizing that he and I were in the only ones in the nurse's office.

"K-Kai..." I groaned at how gross my voice sounded.

"Yes?"

I cleared my throat before speaking again, "Where is everyone?"

"They went back to class of course," he said as he brought his hand up to my face to wipe away my tears.

"Oh...thanks..." I spoke softly.

He smiled softly in return.

"Are you done crying?"

I nodded, not trusting my voice anymore.

"Good." He smiled a little wider and then leaned down to plant a kiss on my forehead. Reacting like I always do when he does unexpected things, I blushed. I looked away to avoid any eye contact. I think he said something else, but I was too busy trying to quiet down my heart to hear him.

"...cute."

"What?"

"You're so cute."

I quickly turned my head to glare at him.

"Don't say stupid things. And anyways, why are YOU still here? Shouldn't YOU be in class like everyone else??"

He just shrugged and pulled me tighter in his embrace.

"I don't trust you to be alone anymore."

"What do you mean? I can take care of myself!" I said loudly, but then winced in pain when I felt the injury previously inflicted on me.

"...okay...maybe I can't...but that doesn't mean I want you around me all the time. Go away," I said trying to push him off me.

"No can do. I shall be glued to your side from now on," he said, giving me a cheeky smile. All I could do was glare and then I sighed, giving up on even trying to convince him of anything.

I looked away sheepishly and responded in a quieter voice, hoping that he might not hear me, "Fine...stay by my side..."

I felt his hold on me loosen. Curious, I looked up at his face and saw...a very bewildered expression. I raised an eyebrow and questioned him, "What? What's with the face?"

"N-Nothing..."

"Tell me," I said annoyed.

"I...I just didn't expect that you'd let me stay by your side..."

I blushed, realizing that he had heard me and embarrassed by my own words.

"Oh...uh...yeah...as much as I don't want friends, we are now...friends. And honestly, I prefer having people I can count on. I'm really happy you guys came along...and you...I-I think I'd prefer it if you stayed with me, by my side...for..." I couldn't finish my sentence. OMG. What am I even saying? My mouth is moving without me telling it to. Am...Am I confessing? What.

"For...what?"

"Kai...I-I think I like you..."

 

Sehun's POV

I wonder how Hyunji's feeling. I think I'll go check on her now, I thought as I headed to the nurse's office. I slowly opened the door and took a step in when I got there, not wanting to wake Hyunji in case she fell asleep. But she wasn't. I saw her wide awake and in Kai's arms. I guess he didn't go back to class. I wonder what they're talking about...

"Kai...I-I think I like you..."

My heart stopped. W-What did she just say? Not wanting to hear anymore, I quickly and quietly stepped back outside. I leaned against the wall next to the door with my hand over my heart. Why does it hurt so badly? Ugh. I can't...breathe...

 

I then quickly started walking away in the opposite direction of the nurse's office. I didn't think walking was fast enough, so before I knew it, I was running. Running and running, not paying attention to my surroundings or where I was going. By the time I was out of breath, I fell on the ground exhausted. Breathing heavily, I sat up and against a wall. I looked around and realized I was almost home. I scoffed. So when I'm upset I run home. Wow. That's not childish. I sighed and laid my head against the wall, closing my eyes and trying to catch my breath.

 

"Hey you. What are you doing here?"

I opened my eyes to find Luhan standing in front of me. I smiled softly. Luhan always made happy when I was upset. Just seeing him relieved me.

"Hey hyung. I was just...taking a jog."

He raised an eyebrow, "In your school uniform?"

I looked down at my clothes and then back at him, chuckling awkwardly, "I've been caught."

He came and sat down next to me, looking over at me. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

I sighed and looked back at him, "Do I have a choice?"

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled, "we could always just go do something fun instead."

I nodded. "I like that idea better. What do you have in mind?"

"How about Lotte world?"

I smiled. "Sounds good."

"Awesome! I was headed there anyways." He chuckled and stood up, putting his hand out to help me up. I took it and stood up as well.

"Thank you." I smiled.

With my hand still in his, he started walking and I followed suit. Slowly forgetting why I was upset to begin with.

 

Hyunji's POV

I walked through the door of my new home, thinking about what happened in the Nurse's office when I saw my mother in the Kitchen.

"Umma!" I said while running to her. I hugged her and realized that the Jung couple was in there with her.

"Oh," I let go of my mother and bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo."

They just nodded and smiled, looking over at my mother. I followed there gaze, turning to look at my mother. I smiled and went towards her to hug her.

To Be Continue...

 

Written By,

Blooiris101