Chapter 13

She's My Girl...

Narrator’s POV

At the hallway~

“So, what are we going to do with that girl?” Minji’s friend, Suzy asked.

“We’ll give her a ‘lesson’ so that she’ll stay away from our boys,” Minji answered.

“Hey, girls. Look who’s here?” Taeyeon said when she saw Hyunji coming towards them.

“Hey, you!” Minji shrieked. Hyunji startled at the voice. She was scared since nobody at the hallway.

 “Wha- What do you want?” Hyunji asked them. Minji grinned and pushed her to the floor.

 “Look, we’ve told you before, isn’t it? Stay. Away. From. Kai. And. Sehun!” Minji exclaimed. Hyunji tried to get up when she was pushed very hard by Minji. Suzy and Taeyeon kicked her so hard, making her vomiting blood.

“Take that!” they said in unison and left her alone. She just lying there enduring the pain. It was so hurt that she can’t even get up. Then, she heard footsteps coming towards her.

“Hey, guys! It’s the new student, Hyunji!” a guy said.

“What happened to her?” a girl asked.

“She’s Exo classmate, isn’t she?” the second girl asked.

“Let’s get her to the nurses’ office!” the second guy said.

“K- Kai…” that was all Hyunji can say before she passed out.

“Kai? You girls tell Kai,” the first guy ordered.

“Okay!” the girls said in unison.

As the girls left, they brought her to the nurses’ office.

 

                        **                     **                     **                     **                     **

In the class~

“Hey, guys. Where’s Hyunji?” Sehun asked.

“I don’t know. But, she’s supposed to be here now. I’ve got a bad feeling now,” Kai said.

“Me too. We have to look for her now. I’m worried that Minji and her friends would hurt-” before Estelle could continue, two girls approached them.

“You- You guys should go to the nurses’ office now,” the girl told them.

“Why? What’s wrong Seohyun- sunbaenim?” Estelle asked.

“Hyunji… She’s-” before she could continue, Kai left them.

“What happened to her?” Sehun asked.

“She’s hurt,” Yoona told them.

They went to the nurses’ office.

                        **                     **                     **                     **                     **

At Nurses’ Office~

“How is she?” the guy, Key asked.

“Seems that she’s been kicked. But, don’t worry. She’s fine now. Thanks to guys for taking her here immediately,” the doctor, Mr. Ryeowook said.

“Who could have done this to her?” the second guy, Jonghyun asked.

“I don’t know. But, we have to discuss this with other members of the school council. I’ll tell the president about this,” Key, the vice-president of the student council said and took out his mobile phone.

“Hyunji!” Kai called her as he entered the room.

“Yah~ Don’t shout here,” Jonghyun, the treasurer of the student council said.

“Hyunji. Where is she? What happened to her?” Kai asked.

“She’s resting. We found her unconscious at the hallway. We have to talk,” Key told him. And the others arrive there.

“What happen to her? Is she okay?” Estelle asked.

“She’s fine now. Mr. Ryeowook said that she must have been kicked.” Jonghyun told them.

“What?! How- It must be Minji and her friends!” Sehun said.

“Minji?” Key repeated.

“Yes. Hyunji told me that she had been threatened by them. They told her to stay away from us,” Kai said as he looked at Hyunji. Her face looked pale.

I’m sorry. I shouldn’t leave you,” Kai said and hold her hand.

“When did they threaten her?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yesterday,” Estelle said.

“We have to do something,” Yoona told the others.

“She’s right. We have to tell Minho (president of the student council) about this,” Seohyun added.

“That would be good,” Sehun and Estelle said in unison.

“I’ve already told Minho to come here. He said he’s on the way,” Key told them.

“Hyunji-ah,” Kai said.

“Huh? Where am I? Ouch…” Hyunji asked as she holds her stomach enduring the pain.

“Yah… Are you okay?” Kai asked.

“Can’t you see? How can I say I’m fine?!” she shrieked.

“You’re awake,” Key said.

“Who- Who are you?” Hyunji asked.

“He’s the vice president of the student council, Key and the guy beside him is Jonghyun, the treasurer. The girl beside Estelle is Yoona, the secretary and Seohyun, the assistant secretary,” Kai told her.

“They’re the one who found you at the hallway,” Sehun added. Then, the door opened and Minho walks towards them.

“So, you’re Jung Hyunji. I’m Choi Minho, the student council president,” Minho introduced himself.

“Nice to meet you,” she said as she tried to get off from the cot. But Kai stopped her.

“You can’t go anywhere. You’re still hurt,” Kai told her.

“Can you JUST leave me alone?! I hate being treated like this! I-” she burst into tears. Kai put his arms around her. She tried to push him. But it becomes tighter than before. The others just watched them.

“Listen, I won’t ever leave you alone unless they stop hurting you,” Kai told her. Tears continuingly fall down.

I promise…” Kai promises himself.

Kai… Did he like her?” Sehun said to himself.

 

To Be Continue…