Chapter 9

She's My Girl...

Narrator’s POV

“Yah~ Where are you taking me?” Hyunji asked as Kai stopped a taxi for them.

“You’ll know it later,” he said as he pulled her into the taxi.

“Please send us to Crystal Restaurant at Gangnam,” Kai told the driver.

“What?! Are you out of your mind?! That’s far! My mom will be worried about me,” she told him.

“Don’t worry. We’ve told Mrs. Jung about it. Anyway, it only takes about 3 hours to reached there,” he told her then smirked.

“What the- Aish~ I can’t believe this! Why can’t you guys just leave me alone?” she asked Kai. Kai looked at her and smile.

“Tsk. Isn’t it obvious? I’ve told you before, right?” he stopped for a while and looked into her eyes. She remained silence.

“I guess,you don’t remember it. Listen. We have our own reason why we want to be close to you. We know you have bad past about something that is called ‘friends’, isn’t it? Your mother had told us everything. We know it’s been hard for you but- But we will prove it to you that we’re not the same as them. We will erase all the bad past from your mind. I- I mean- We promise to you just like we’ve promise to your mother,” Kai told her.

“I- I don’t understand you guys. Even if I will close with you guys, not all people will like,” she said as she thought about the incident at school just then.

“What do you mean? Are you okay? Is there something happened?” he asked her.

“Listen. If I tell you, you wouldn’t tell anybody, right?” 

“Okay. Except for Sehun and Estelle? They must know about it if it’s serious,” Kai told Hyunji.

“*sigh* Okay,” she said.

“So, what happened?” he asked.

“Just then, there’s three girls threatened me to stay away from you and Sehun. I was too scared of them as they were seniors. They seems really hate me. I really scared and ran away from them. I-” tears started to roll down her cheeks. Kai realize it and pulled her to his embrace.

Is that when we bumped into each other at the front gate?” he thought.

“I hate being dislike. Even though other students are kind to me, doesn’t mean that they are really kind, isn’t it? I really can’t believe anybody for now… I was too scared to have new friends. I know that you, Sehun and Estelle had promised to my mother. I’ve heard everything that afternoon. You guys are popular and me? I’m just a newbie at the school and an ordinary girl that ‘closed’ to rich student like you guys. What’s the point of being my friends? Just like what had happened just then. Just because I’m an ordinary girl, I can’t befriend with you guys. I know it’s weird. But- I have to admit it that I really want to be your friend even though I always thought that you guys are so annoying. There’s a reason why,” she stopped for a while. Kai caressed her hair.

“What do you mean there’s a reason why? Is that mean that you would like to be our friend?” Kai who had been silence spoke up. Hyunji nodded.

“I can feel the sincerity in you guys. But- I’m sorry. For now, I still can’t,” she said.

“Okay, I understand. But, remember that we will always find a way to open your heart,” he told her. He looked at her. Tears started to roll down her cheeks again. He let her cry in his embrace. After a few minutes, she fell asleep.

Idiot… How can you think like that? By the way, I must tell the others about MinJi and her friends that they had threatened her. Hyunji, I promise I will never let them hurt you,” Kai told himself. After two and a half hours, they arrived at Crystal Restaurant.

“Hyunji-ah~ We’ve arrive,” he woke her up.

“Huh? I- I’m sorry,” she apologized. He got a bit closer and rubbed his nose to hers and smirked. Her heart beats faster than usual and her face becomes as red as a tomato.

“Cute~ I like it~” Kai teased.

“He- Hey! Get away!” she pushed him and get out from the taxi. He just smiles.

Did- Did he do that on purpose? Why- Why am I feeling like this? Aish~ No. You can’t think like that, Hyunji!” she told herself.

“Are you okay?” Kai asked.

“Of- Of course I am,” she said as she tried not to look at him.

“Okay… Well, here we are. Crystal Restaurant. It is owned by Estelle’s family,” Kai told her.

“What? But, why are we here?” she asked him.

“Well, if wishes came true I'd be having dinner with you tonight,” Kai said and smirked.

“What?” her eyes wide open.

Wait. Did he just used pickup lines?” she thought.

“Okay. Actually, Estelle had planned to have a dinner here with our friends. Come on,” he pulled her into the restaurant.

“Yah! Stop pulling me!”

As they entered the restaurant, she saw Estelle and Sehun talking with a few guys.

“Hey, guys! Sorry for the late!” Kai apologized to them.

“That’s okay, man. And, is this the girl that you guys are talking about?” the guy asked.

“Yes, she is. Hyunji, this is Luhan. He’s Estelle brother’s friend. 90 liners,” Kai introduced him to Hyunji.

 “It’s…Nice to meet you. I’m Hyunji,” she said.

“Nice to meet you too, Hyunji,” Luhan said and smiles.

“Come. Let’s get in. I’ll introduce you to others,” Kai told her as they approached the others followed by Luhan.

“Hyunji-ah~ I thought you don’t want to come,” Estelle said.

“I won’t if he didn’t dragged me into the taxi. Anyways, thanks for inviting me,” Hyunji told her.

“Oh. By the way, meet the others,” Estelle said as the others started to introduce themselves.

“Hi, I’m Kris. Estelle’s brother.”

“I’m Lay.”

“I’m Jongdae. Just call me Chen.”

“I’m Tao. Nice to meet you.”

“I’m Minseok. Just call me Xiumin.”

“I’m Kyungsoo.”

“I’m Chanyeol and this person beside me is Baekhyun.”

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you.”

“And I’m Suho. It’s really nice to meet you, Jung Hyunji,” he said.

“It’s- It’s nice to meet you guys too,” she said and smile.

“Hey, did the sun come up or did you just smile at us?” Kai asked.

“What? Another pickup lines?” Hyunji blurted out.

“Oops!” she closed .

“You know it? Yes, it is~” Kai said as he tried to get closer to her but she stepped back.

“Yah! Kai, you’re scaring her!” Estelle stopped him.

“What? I just want to make her blush,” Kai told her.

“O_o What?” the others said in unison including Hyunji.

“She looks cute when she’s blushing. I like her tomato face,” he told them and smirked.

W.T.H” Hyunji thought. Then, she felt someone put his arms around her. She looked at the person. It was Sehun.

“You can’t do that to her~ Right?” he said as her gets closer and rubbed his nose on hers.

“What the- Get away!” she pushed him aside and went towards Estelle. The others giggled.

“Yah! You can’t do that to her! Except me!” Kai exclaimed to his friend.

“Whatever~” Sehun stick his tongue out at him. The others chuckled seeing them like children. Kai rolled his eyes and went to Hyunji.

“Are you okay?” Kai asked her but she just stay in silence. Her face as red as tomato and the others realize it. They just smile at her.

She’s cute,” they thought.

“Hyunji-ah~ Are you okay?” Estelle asked. She just shook her head.

“Aigoo~ You’re so cute~ By the way, guys. Let’s have our dinner!” she said to the others.

“Yeah~!” they exclaimed.

                        **                                            **                                **

After having dinner, they talked for a while.

“Hey, guys. I’ve got something to tell you guys,” Kai said in a serious tone.

“What is it? That’s sounds serious,” Sehun asked. Kai looked at Hyunji and she bowed her head.

“Don’t tell us that’s about her. What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I’m going to the washroom for a while. Excuse me,” Hyunji left them.

“It is,” Kai said and he told them about what Hyunji had told him.

“Tsk. I can’t believe that Minji and her friends would threaten her! We have to stay close to her so that they won’t hurt her,” Estelle said.

“You’re right. Remember, guys. Don’t ever let her alone no matter what. You know who Minji is, right?” Kris told them.

“Alright,” Estelle, Sehun and Kai said in unison.

“Uh… Guys, I- I think I have to go home now,” Hyunji told them after she came out from the washroom.

“Oh- Right- Let’s go home now, guys~” Lay said and they left the restaurant.

 

To Be Continue…