Chapter 3

She's My Girl...

SeHun’s POV

“Hyunji, wait!” her mother called her but she ignored it.

I thought, what’s wrong with her? Or did her mother say anything wrong?

“Is she okay?”  Estelle asked.

“I hope so. By the way, why don’t you guys come in?” Mrs. Jung invited us.

“Okay. Thanks, Mrs. Jung,” we said at the time.

“You seem really likes flowers,” said Kai.

“Yes. They’re beautiful and have a lot of memories for me,” she told us as she open the door.

“Memories? What do you mean?” Estelle asked as we enter the house.

“It reminds me of my husband. He always bought me a bouquet of flowers when I’m sad or in bad mood. Please have a seat. I’ll get some drinks,” she said.

While waiting for her, we observe the pictures in the house. It’s really attracted us especially the pictures that have a huge house in the background. No. I think it’s a mansion. Are they rich? Like us? A few minutes later, Mrs. Jung came with some drinks.

“Thanks, Mrs. Jung. Uhm… Can I- I mean, can we ask something?” Estelle asked.

“Sure. What is it?”

“Where are those photos taken?” Estelle asked.

Duhh! Why did she ask that kind of question?

“Hey, Estelle. What are-” before Kai could continue, Mrs. Jung spoke.

“It was taken in front of our mansion,” she told us.

“What? That’s mean…” I couldn’t continue what I want to say now.

“Yes, Sehun. We used to be rich. But, it’s all changed three months ago,” she told us.

“What do you mean? Where did your husband go?” Kai asked.

“He’s… He’s already gone. He was involved in a car accident on the way back from his office. After he died, his elder brother took everything from us. Left nothing for Hyunji and I. With the money I have, I decided to bring Hyunji back to Korea. But, the maids and the butlers from our mansion told me to keep all the money to buy anything we need in Korea. They even gave us some of their money from the monthly salary,” Mrs. Jung explained. I can see tears in her eyes. But, what’s with friendship? Why did Hyunji suddenly annoyed?

“They’re so kind. But, what about Hyunji? Why did she suddenly annoyed when you asked her, are we her friends? Did she have any past about friends?” Estelle asked. Kai and I just nodded, agreeing with what she asked.

“Uh… About that, I hope you guys won’t misunderstand her if she doesn’t want to be your friend or anybody’s friend. It’s… Just that she’s still scared to have friends,” Mrs. Jung told us.

Scared to have friends? Is it true what I’ve heard? I don’t think so.

“Uhm… You mean, scared to have new friends, right?” I asked for an assurance but she shook her head.

“Huh? I don’t- I mean we don’t understand. What do you mean?” Estelle asked.

“Before that, I want to ask you guys. How was her first day?” Mrs. Jung asked. We look at each other. Confused.

“Well… She- She didn’t talk too much. She’s a quiet person. But, the good thing is, she likes to help others in their study if they don’t understand. Plus, I’ve seen everyone likes her even though she’s just an ordinary girl. Not a rich person. Usually, the students like to be friends with rich students like themselves,” Estelle told her.

“Even the other students come to our class to get acquainted with her,” Kai added.

“Yeah… When they ask her if she can be their friend, she just smile instead of saying yes or no. I would say that her smile is an angelic smile. And, she seems already popular among the students like us even though it is her first day at school. I can say as popular as Exo. I admit that,” I added.

“Exo? What’s that?” Mrs. Jung asked.

“It’s their group name. It’s a group of well… Charismatic guys in the school. Consist of 12 members. The others are former students. One of them is my brother,” Estelle explained. Mrs. Jung nodded.

“But, usually the female students not quite like it if new students very close to us,” Kai said.

“He’s right. But maybe they changed? Or because she’s smart, beautiful and kind. Unlike Estelle, she’s popular because she’s one of Exo member’s sister, kind and friendly,” I told them.

“Well, I didn’t expect that,” Mrs. Jung said.

“So, what’s with sacred of having friends?” Estelle asked.

“Actually, in her old school, she’s quite popular too. Having a lot of friends. Like what you’ve said, it’s because she’s smart, kind, beautiful and RICH. Some of them befriend with her because of what you’ve just said but some of them because of her richness and popularity. After we’ve lost everything, they started to avoid her including her best friend that betrayed her. Knowing that her best friend betraying her, she felt like she’s useless,” Mrs. Jung told us.

“How could they do that to her? That was so terrible! She must be frustrated with them,” Estelle seems annoyed with that. Kai and I remained in silence.

“By the way, I hope you guys can make her become herself before. A cheerful Hyunji I’ve ever known. Like you, Estelle. You remind me a lot about her,” Mrs. Jung said.

“We’ll try our best! Don’t worry Mrs. Jung, we will be her best friends ever!” Estelle told her. Kai and I chuckled seeing her like that.

“We promise,” we said, tried not to laugh.

“Thank you, kids,” Mrs. Jung thanked us.

 

To Be Continue…