Chapter 8

She's My Girl...

Hyunji's POV

 

*sigh* Today has been exhausting. I'm glad that school is over. Those annoying idiots can't seem to leave me alone. Although I haven't seen them since lunch, I wonder what they're doing...as if that matters. Why do I care?

 

I had been walking to my locker as I had these thoughts. I stopped when I saw that there was a note stuck on my locker door.

 

"Huh? What's this?"

 

I opened it and found cutely written letters. There was even a heart in the corner.

 

Meet me under the tree at the back of the schoolyard. I'll be waiting~ <3

 

"What the heck...? Who leaves a note like this?" It can't be them...could it? Should I go? What would be the point? I'm tired~ *sigh* I might as well go. And let them know once and for all that they can stop trying to be "my friends."

 

I put my textbooks in my locker and headed to the back of the school. There were a lot of trees in the back. I looked around until I spotted a large enough tree that harbored shade. I walked over to it only to find that no one was there. Huh...that's weird. Well, I guess I can go home now. I started walking away a little relieved that I didn't have to deal with anybody.

 

"Hey you!" said an unfamiliar voice which made me freeze. I was a little frightened to turn around since there was a tinged of hostility in the voice, but I ended up looking over my shoulder anyways...behind me stood a girl. She was taller than me and she had a different uniform from mine.

 

It was the uniform of a senior. I turned around completely to face her. As I did so, two more girls walked up behind the first. All of them are taller than me. Plus, they are all seniors... They had a dark aura surrounding them. I was beyond scared. I wanted to run, but I couldn't move.

 

"You. Who do you think you are, making Sehun and Kai follow you around like little puppies? Huh?!" said the first girl that had appeared.

 

"Yeah! Who do you think you are!" said the other two in unison.

 

It was obvious who was in charge here, but that didn't help my situation.

 

I somehow got my voice working again and said, "I-I'm n-nobod-dy. I-I don't want-t to have any p-problems. So, I'll...um...I'll j-just go now..."

 

"How does an ugly stuttering mess of a person get the chance to be noticed by our beloved flower boys? Just gross. Girls, get here," she demanded.

 

I found my legs and booked it. I was so thankful that I had been on the track team at my old school. I was close to the front of the school until I ran into a body and fell backwards.

 

"Ah man! That’s hurt!" the person groaned.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please don't hurt me." I pleaded.

 

"Ah, Hyunji-ah~ Are you okay? What happened?"

 

I didn't realize it, but I had started crying. I hadn't looked up to see who was I bumped into, but I did feel him sit down next to me on the floor and put his arms around me. I didn't want to be touched so I hit his chest repeatedly, yelling "Why can't you just leave me alone?! I don't like all this attention! I just want to be left alone!!" He didn't let go, so I stopped hitting him and cried. Cried and cried, until I couldn't think of the reason that I had begun crying. When I stopped, I found the arms still wrapped around me, a lot tighter than I had thought they were.

 

"Are you done crying?" the familiar voice asked again.

 

I finally looked at his face.

 

"Kai...I...I apologize for all of this. I'll go now." I tried getting up, to no avail.

 

"You're a very rude girl you know?"

 

"Oh...well that's even more reason for me to leave." I was on the verge of tears again. Why did his words bother me? Was I just that sensitive right now?

 

"I think you should treat me to dinner, to apologize and thank me for being so nice to you~" he playfully stated.

 

"Nice?" I asked, now annoyed.

 

"All you've done is annoying me. For no reason at all, you know that? That's not very nice." I glared at him with as much force as I could. He just smirked. SMIRKED! Who smirks in a situation like this?! And he got a bit closer and rubbed his nose with mine.

 

"You're so cute~"

 

"Yah! Get away!" I pushed his chest with as much force as I could muster, which really wasn't much, but he still backed away. He chuckled. W.T.H. -.-

 

"Why are you laughing? There isn't anything funny to laugh about!"

 

"Aww~ you're blushing~ Come on! Let's go!" he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the school building. I reluctablty followed behind. I didn't realize how tired I was until I couldn't pull myself from his grasp.

 

"Where are you taking me? I don't wanna go." I whined.

 

"You'll see~"

 

To Be Continue…

 

Written By >>> Blooiris101