Chapter 2

She's My Girl...

Kai’s POV

I can’t believe we had a new student in our school. Hmm… which class she’ll be in? Saying about her, she didn’t even smile to me. Is she like that? Duhh… *facepalm* What am I thinking?

“Hey, Kai hyung!” I heard SeHun calling my me from his seat as soon as I entered the class.

“Hey!” I greeted him and take my seat.

My seat is two rows from the back. Behind me, there is an empty seat while Sehun seat is on the right side of it. On the left of it, it is Estelle’s seat. She is our friend and also Kris hyung’s sister. Kris hyung is the former student from this school.  

“Kai oppa, why are you late today?” asked Estelle.

“Well, Mr. Park JungSoo called me to his office. He said that we can go home early today because he will not come to the class today. He’s busy,” I told them.

“Oh. By the way, did you guys heard that our class will have a new student?” Estelle asked Sehun and I.

At that moment, I don’t know why the girl I’ve just met, HyunJi came to my mind.

“No. I only know that there’s a new student in this school,” Sehun said.

Huh? Did he meet her? I mean did the new student he mean is Hyunji?

“The new student is a girl,” he continued.

“What? Really?! How do you know? Is she our new classmate?” she asked excitedly.

Of course, she’s excited because she’ll going to have a new friend. By the way, if she is our classmate, that means, she’ll going to sit behind me.

“Uh… I don’t know,” Sehun said.

“Err… Estelle, are you sure Hyunji will be in our class? Or…” before I could continue, Estelle intervenes.

“Hyunji? Who is she? Is she the new girl?” she asked.

Gosh… This girl is full of question.

“You- You know her? I mean HyunJi?” Sehun asked me.

“What? You know her too? Err… What’s her surname just then?” I asked myself. Oh my.. How can I forget her surname?

“Jung HyunJi, isn’t it?” Sehun said.

“Yes. How do you know?” I asked him. Estelle is in confusion now. It is obvious in her face.

“Well, I’ve met her on the way to the school. She fell on the road so, I asked her to come with me since her leg is hurt,” Sehun told us.

Hmm… No wonder she’s a bit…

“What about you?” Estelle and Sehun asked at the same time.

“Me? I’ve met her in front of the office,” I told them.

“How is she? Is she pretty?” Estelle asked again.

“Well, she’s pretty and cute… I admit it,” Sehun said. I can see he’s blushing now.

“He’s right. Even though she looks like a quiet girl. She didn’t even smile when I met her,” I told them.

“Me too. She didn’t even smile to me,” Sehun said as he nodded.

“Maybe she still sh-” before Estelle could continue, Mrs. BoA entered the class.

“Alright everyone, today you will have a new friend that just moved from Japan. Let me introduce you to Jung HyunJi and she’s a mix Japanese-Korean,” she said as the girl entered the class.

She’s multicultural? Like Estelle? Well, seems that we have two multicultural student in our class.

“Okay, Ms. Hyunji, please introduce yourself,” Mrs. BoA said.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jung HyunJi. I came from Japan. My father is Japanese and my mother is Korean. It’s nice to meet you all,” she said with a smile and bows.

Wait, did she just smile? She looks more pretty and cute when she smiles.

“Alright. Let’s see where you can sit. Oh! There’s an empty seat back there,” Mrs. BoA said. As Hyunji walks to her seat, Mrs. BoA told us to acquaint with Hyunji before she left the class.

 

HyunJi’s POV

As I walked to my seat, I saw their eyes were watching me. At that moment, I saw the two guys that I’ve just met this morning. Oh Sehun and Kim JongIn or Kai. I smiled to them. I can see their surprise expression seeing me smile. Well, I guess it’s because I didn’t even smile to them when I met them. After I took my seat, the girl that sits beside me turned to me.

“Hi, my name is Estelle. I’m multicultural too. Canadian-Chinese. Nice to meet you,” she said with a smile.

“Nice to meet you too,” I said.

“Hey, did you remember me? I’m Sehun the one who helped you at the road,” Sehun asked.

“Uh.. Yes, thanks again,” I said.

“And me? The one who accidently bumped to you in front of the office?” Kai asked with a smile.

“Yes…” I answered.

Soon after that, the other students also want to acquaint with me. It’s quite awkward for me since I've never got many people want to acquaint with me in the first time I enter my old school before. But… Will they be the same? All the day in the new school really makes me relaxed. It makes me forget about all the things I’ve been through. I admit it that they are very friendly also them, my old friends but… Will they do the same too? Are they just… Oh my God… What am I thinking now? The bell rings which mean study time had just begun. The last lesson ended at 1.30 p.m... After taking a few steps out from the gate, I heard someone calling me.

“Hyunji! Wait!” it was Estelle. She ran towards me followed by Kai and Sehun.

“Can we go home together?” she asked.

At that moment, I don’t know what I should answer. Yes? Or No? I feel like I’m scared to have friends.

“Hyunji? Are you okay?” Kai asked, waving his hands in front of me.

“I- I’m okay,” I told them.

“There he is. Come on,” Estelle said as she takes my hand.

“Wait. Let go!” I said, releasing my hand off her. She seems surprise with that and saying sorry.

“I didn’t mean it. I just want you to go home with us. We can send you back,” she said.

“I- I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shout at you. I just-” before I could continue it, Sehun intervene.

“Maybe you still awkward with us, right?” he asked.

“It’s not like that… I just-” I can’t tell them about it.

“Well, let’s just come with us! You can show Mr. Lee the direction to your house,” Kai said.

I guess I have no choice for it other than following them. They look very excited especially Estelle. A few minutes later, we arrived at my home. I saw my mother watering her flowers.

“Is that your mother?” Estelle.

“Yes. And thanks for sending me,” I thanked them.

My mother came towards us and greeted them.

“Nice to meet you Mrs. Jung,” they greeted at the same time.

“Nice to meet you too,” mom said with a smile and turned to me.

“Are they your friends?” she asked.

At that time, I don’t know why I suddenly get annoyed with the word ‘friends’.

“Mom, please don’t say it! I hate it!” I said to her and ran into the house.

To Be Continue…