Chapter 5

She's My Girl...

HyunJi's POV

I walked onto the school campus once again and headed towards my locker.

Today is the second day of school. I'm glad that I managed to survive the first day, barely... Hopefully today will be much better and hopefully everyone will leave me alone. I don't need everyone's attention and I definitely don't need friends. They just lead to betrayal and heartbreak. I'll keep to myself and make myself as invisible as possible.

"HyunJi-yahhhh~" said a voice, startling me and pulling me from my thoughts.

I slowly turned my head to the voice that called my name and regretted it immediately. Not only did that voice come one very cute, light haired male, but it came from a very cute, light haired male that just happened to be too close for comfort and I'd only just met him the previous day! He smirked at my bewildered expression and decided to move in just a bit closer. What the hell is he doing?! I took a step back to put some distance between us and somehow managed to trip over my feet, which landed me on the floor.

"Ow!" I whimpered and put my hand to my leg.

"Ah, I'm so sorry! I seem to keep causing you distress. Are you alright??"

I look up to see the light haired male kneeling down looking at my leg.

"Is it the same leg you hurt yesterday?" he asked.

All I could do was stared at him until I felt him picking me up and put his arm around my waist pulling me towards him.

"Yah! Why are you doing this?" I yelled trying to shove him away.

I was apparently too weak because he didn't budge. Instead he looked over to me, again his face was too close for comfort, and I looked away.

"What do you mean, why am I doing this? Because you're my friend and you're injured. I can't and won’t leave you here like that." My heart skipped a beat.

"Friends? We're not friends! I don't have friends! Leave me alone!" I pulled away from with all my might and managed to get away from his grasp. I started walking (limping was more like it) furiously to my first class, but I didn't get very far before I felt that same arm wrap around my waist once again.

"You're silly. Of course I'm your friend. My name is Sehun and we met yesterday for the first time after I almost ran you over. Which I sincerely apologize for. And no, I'm not being your friend out of pity or any other reason than the fact that I like you. I think you're quite interesting. And, I definitely don't think you should be heading to class if you're limping about like this. I'll take you to the nurses' office and make sure you're being taken care of!" he said all this with a smile at his lips and a twinkle in his eye.

All I could do was stare. Wait, did he say he liked me? Was that a confession? No way. It was too nonchalant for it to mean anything. I stopped staring and started walking once again, but since Sehun wouldn't let go of me, I let him lead me to where I was meant to go. I'll admit...I'm kind of glad he's supporting me and leading me, otherwise I wouldn't know where I was headed. I shook my head roughly, not wanting my brain to fully process the thought I just had. Yah! be quiet! Friends are not something worth having! They’re just cause trouble!

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard Sehun say to me. I said nothing and continued to be led by this annoying child.

~~~                                                ~~~                                          ~~~                                                    ~~~

I'd been sitting on one of the cots located in the corner of the nurses' office for a while now. Sehun had already left for class and the nurse had tended to my leg. She said there was nothing terribly wrong with it, just a bit bruised, but she told me to stay off of it for little bit before returning to class. I sighed and looked around the room again. There were two other sets of curtains hanging from ceiling covering what I assumed to be two other cots, just like the curtain around my cot was. But mine wasn't closed like the other two. I didn't like how confined I felt, so I had asked to leave it open. It's not like there was anybody else in here. The nurse went to go run some errand, so I was left alone to wallow in self-pity. At least... I thought I was alone, until I heard a few movements coming from the cot next to me and then a yawn. A few more movements were made, but then it was silent again. Curious, I hopped, as silently as I could on one leg, to the cot and pulled aside to the curtains. A boy was sleeping, it seemed, his back facing me so I couldn't see who it was. Still curious, I hopped to the other side and pulled the curtain to see the other boy I'd met yesterday. Kai, was it? I stared at him. He seems peaceful and quite cute while sleeping. Bored, I poked his nose.

"What kind of student sleeps in the nurses' office? Isn't that what your bed at home is for?" I said out loud to no one in particular.

The next thing I knew, I was being pulled onto that said bed and hugged by the sleeping boy in front of me.

"What the hell!!!" I exclaimed trying to pushing away, only to realize that the harder I pushed, the tighter his grip got. I eventually gave up on trying to get away. I had no more strength for anything. I became just as tired as the boy who's arms' refused to let go of me. I closed my eyes, but didn't fall asleep.

"The kind of student that doesn't get much sleep at home," I heard him mumble.

"What do you mean?" I whispered back.

"You're awake?!"

"Of course!" I opened my eyes, annoyed.

"How could I sleep comfortably with someone I don't know and who insists on holding me so tightly that I can't even breathe!"

"Ah! I'm sorry!" At this point he let go and I quickly got up and off the bed. Thankful that I managed to stay upright as I stood.

I limped to the door and stopped, just to turn back at him and glared. He just looked at me confused. And then I saw something, like understanding enter his eyes.

"Do you need help? Can I walk you to class?"

"Of course I don't need help. Who are you to even ask that? It's not like we're friends or anything!" I quickly limped away before he could catch up to me. Luckily it didn't seem like he was following me. I slowed my pace and tried to figure out where I was. Once I did, I headed to class.

Kai's POV

We're not...friends? Didn't we establish yesterday that we were? Or does she really think friends are no good? I'm going to speak to Sehun and Estelle about this...We need to show her what real friends are! I'd really like to see the kind of person she was before she was betrayed so cruelly. We'll show her what real trust and friendship means!

Now... Back to my nap... Zzzzzz

To Be Continue…

 

Written By >> My Co-Author, Blooiris101