Raining Down Knives, Forks... and Chopsticks

The Little Sister Project [Version 2]

Sunny’s POV

A pink unicorn… that Barbie from the movie that was on TV last week… and a giant pink (yes, pink) teddy bear, the 3 of them skipped around the yellow field of strangely colored marshmallows flowers in the field in front of me. Why were the marshmallows strangely colored? What were those ridiculous characters skipping? Hey, this is my dream; there can be anything and anyone I want in it.

But then suddenly the image of the fluffy, pink, and rather annoying characters along with the scenery they brought in too disappeared to be replaced by a setting that seemed familiar… wait this is…

I approached the 2 figures standing in the alley in front of me. It was Seunghyun oppa… and Jiyoung unnie? Seunghyun oppa looked different from the one in reality; his hair was shorter and choppier while unnie looked younger, like my dream warped my sister back in time by a few years maybe.

It would be a lie if I said that Jiyoung unnie didn’t look stunning in this dream, fresher and a bit more attractive. Sure she’s pretty in real life but in reality my sister is always stressed out and well she never actually takes a day off so her tiredness and stress always takes away her beauty.

As if a giant speaker was placed all over the trashy looking back alley, a beautiful piano intro to a very familiar sounding song started to ring all around the dream.

“Yeah, finally I realize that I’m nothing without you…”

My mouth gaped open as I recognized the guy who said this. The 3 men came out of nowhere but were now standing on the far end of the alley; Daesung and Taeyang stood behind their leader, Kwon Jiyong.

“I was so wrong, forgive me…”

‘Haru Haru… Day by Day… if this is the video then…’ I backed away quickly, almost stumbling over knowing what was to happen next.

But instead of the fighting scene that I expected to happen the dream blurred too and for a few seconds the only thing I could see was pure darkness before the scene started to assemble together like a puzzle being put together, piece by piece.

The air around me turned cold and the smell of medicine filled my nostrils, making me quite dizzy. I blinked a few times, the bright light in the room blinding me for a fraction of a second. When my vision cleared up I gasped, I was prepared to see anything… but this was just too surprising for me to handle.

I was now standing in the middle of a brightly lit hospital room. The giant neon lamp on the ceiling combined with the open window and bright white walls of the room making the scenery a bit painful to see.

On the only bed in the room laid a girl. Her hair was long, maybe waist length if she was awake and or sitting/standing up. She had unhealthy white skin and a fragile looking body that looked not nearly big enough for a girl her age.

The shocking part is that girl, is me…

Or supposed to be me, I guess. The dream me was older, maybe an inch taller, and not so much alive. I looked down at the clipboard attached to the hospital bed and shook my head frantically seeing the patient’s name: Kwon Sun Yi.

‘No… what is this? What kinda sick dream am I in?’ I thought as my head along with the room around me started to spin, the image of the dying me disappearing into the darkness.

I woke up with a start, sweat covering my forehead, the sheets of my bed tangled around my feet. Seeing that I was in no hospital but was in my own room instead, I immediately calmed down. After wiping the small amount of sweat from my forehead I immediately clasped my hands together before closing my eyes to pray.

“God, please don’t let that thing happen to me.” I whispered quietly yet my voice seemed louder than it was in the empty and dark room.

“I can’t be burden to unnie or oppa or anybody else. I have to always be there for Jiyoung unnie and now I have Seunghyun oppa too.” I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

“I can’t afford that dream to come true.” I said on the brink of tears knowing full well what can cause me to be at the state that I was in the hospital.

Just as I was getting up the door opened.

“Oh, you’re awake already.” Seunghyun oppa said as he stepped into the room.

I smiled and piped up, hiding all the worries and sadness that I felt just a few seconds before.

“Ah… I just woke up, what’s up oppa?” I asked cheerfully… maybe a bit too cheerful because then my oppa opened the window, letting in a big amount of light into the room as he eyed me suspiciously.

“Are you ok?” He asked.

I smiled a reassuring smile at my older brother. “I’m fine oppa… But you don’t seem to be in a good mood, what happened?” I asked just to take his attention off me.

But just my luck, my guess that Seunghyun oppa was feeling down was right. Seunghyun oppa sat down on the edge of the bed, a troubled look on his face.

“Hey, do you know anything about that Jay guy?” He asked and I looked at my oppa, confusingly shaking my head.

“Aniyo, he wasn’t in any of the stories I know about unnie.” I said. “Why?”

“That jerk is downstairs right now… flirting with your sister, I suspect.” Seunghyun oppa almost growled the last part but rather than being mad or angry, a smirk slowly planted itself on my face.

“Oppa,” I said catching the attention of this big guy in front of me. “Are you jealous of Jay?” I teased.

Seunghyun oppa gave me his signature “bingu” face before reacting… a few seconds too late. “What?” he asked. “Me? Jealous of Jay? Why would I be jealous of that kiss up jerk? Pfft…”

Chuckling I shook my head. ‘My oppa is so blind.’

“Because he’s making moves on Jiyoung unnie.” I teased again in a lovey dovey voice that I think sent shivers down my oppa’s back. “And oppa is jealous cause he can’t make moves on unnie instead~”

“Ok, you’re no help at all.” Seunghyun oppa sighed and started pacing back and forth, tapping his lips nervously.

“Mianhae.” I said pouting cutely. “But what’s wrong with Jay? Other than the fact that he’s flirting with Jiyoung unnie?”

Seunghyun stopped pacing and looked down at his feet. “I just have a bad feeling about that guy, but if you’re really my sister, than you’d believe me.”

I bit my lip, thinking for a second before nodding. “Ok oppa, I believe you.”

Seunghyun oppa looked up at me in surprise. “You do?” he asked.

“Ne, I’ll try to keep my unnie away from him, ok?” I asked and my brother launched himself to me, engulfing me in warm yet suffocating hug.

“Ah~ Gomawo!” he said in a cute little voice I didn’t know my oppa had.

Jiyoung’s POV

“I can’t believe it tastes the same.” I looked over at Jay, an eyebrow raised.

“You’re not supposed to eat the sauce alone, Park.” I said and continued to cook the pasta that’s still a bit too crunchy for my taste.

Jay pouted and threw the dirty spoon he used into the dishwasher. “But it tastes good, like always. Plus I haven’t tasted home cooking in a while.”

I shook my head. “You know if you just talk to the old man, I’m sure he’ll give you the time of day.” I suggested but Jay just shook his head, a sad smile on his face.

“You know him; he won’t even listen to me if I was dying.” Jay bitterly chuckled and I stared at my old friend with pity.

I can’t believe that Jay is still facing his old problems. Sure, I haven’t been living in paradise after high school but I still got by, I solved my past problems and forgot all about them whereas Jay seems to be holding on to those painful memories and unsolved problems.

“You should really just try you know, make the first move, its ok.” I said turning off the stove seeing the pasta was now ready.

“You really think its ok for me to make the first move?” Jay asked me sounding like a little boy afraid to break the rules.

I looked at my old friend and smiled before nodding encouragingly. “It’s really ok.”

Turning back around to drain the pasta I didn’t notice Jay creep up behind me just as I placed the steaming hot pastas inside a big orange bowl.

Suddenly a hand wrapped itself around my waist, surprising me, almost causing me jump. I looked back to find Jay, his eyes closed, an almost peaceful expression on his face

“J-Jay…” I stuttered out in surprise, completely speechless to say the least.

“You said it’s ok to make the first move…” Jay huffed out lowly in a voice so soft I couldn’t believe came out of him. “So, I’m making the first move.”

“No…” I gasped out and turned around, putting my hand firmly on Jay’s rather firm chest. “Look Jay…” I started to say but then my eyes averted to the 2 figures standing on the other side of the room, Seunghyun and Sunny.

“Sorry for interrupting.” Seunghyun merely said with an empty look on his face.

The room was engulfed in an awkward moment before Sunny cleared , catching the attention of the other 3 adults in the room.

“Unnie, I’m hungry.” She whined cutely which snapped me from my trance.

“O-Ok,” I said quickly breaking out of my current position, getting myself as far away from Jay as possible.

“Why don’t you guys go to the dining room, I’ll bring out the food in a sec.” I said before turning around, afraid to meet anyone’s eyes at the moment.

Once everyone’s footsteps died away I turned away feeling a bit scarred before sighing in relief seeing that I was alone. “Stupid Jay…” I huffed out as I got 4 plates from the cupboard.

I bit my lip, stopping my activities for a second. Slowly I crept up on the wall that separates the kitchen from the dining room and peeked carefully. In the dining room Sunny was sitting next to Seunghyun while Jay sat across from them.

Shivers went through my skin as I saw the intense starring battle going in between Seunghyun and Jay. Sunny who looked kinda scarred caught my eye and mouthed the word help.

“I’ll try.” I said without a sound before going back into the kitchen deciding that the 4 of us were going to eat with only spoons, no matter how hard it’ll be. I’m not going to have knives, forks or chopsticks raining down in my dining room anytime soon.


Ok, so my tests start in March and ends in early May... everyone... I need your prayers TT__TT