Maybe you are the one who got it wrong

Who Said It Was Gonna Be Easy?

DooJoon stands behind the DJ stand looking at the people slowly starting to emerge to the dancefloor. He softly bobs his head with the music and takes a moment to really look around. The club is really huge. He knows that off course, it was one of the reasons he wanted to work here even though it was a new place and that he hadn’t heard of Seungho or the others before. He normally moved from club to club but something about this place just spoke to him. He was just looking at his options when he went to the job interview.

He still remembers how he showed up in casual clothing and stood outside the main entrance. The place was still not quite ready to open yet at that point. He had opened the door and walked in passing a couple of very busy people who didn’t give him a second look. The grandness of the place really struck him and he was completely infatuated with the lighting which was being tested in that moment. If his eyes weren’t big enough already they became it when he saw the plasma screen behind the DJ stand.

He had gotten quite excited at that point and really wanted to hear more about the job and hurried over to the bar which was pretty close. He had looked around for people and spotted one that stood out. A guy, tall with long blondish hair gathered in a ponytail. He was laughing at one other guy and DooJoon walked towards the two looking at the slim figure of the long haired guy. He saw the other guy make a joke and the long haired guy laughed again. DooJoon had smiled thinking he had the most infectious smile he has ever seen before.

He stopped at the counter and excused himself. The long haired guy turned his head and looked stunned for a second before he smiled as big as the sun and introduced himself as Uruha.

DooJoon smiles looking over his shoulder as Aoi comes in first shortly followed by Uruha and Ruki. The three is met by applause and cheering and the party is already started. DooJoon changes  the song and looks at Uruha. He remembers the first time he saw Uruha on the stage. It was actually the same day as he got the job. After talking with Seungho for an hour he already got the gig and Seungho wanted to walk him out. As they passed the stage Ruki was testing the DJ stand and Uruha was there as well.

Seungho had asked DooJoon to wait a sec and they both watched how Ruki worked the stand like a pro while Uruha danced about swaying his body making moves that shouldn’t be so natural for him. DooJoon was impressed. He had never seen anyone move like that and when Uruha made a spin and ached his back letting his now loose hair fly back DooJoon actually swallowed. He quickly regained his posture though, when Seungho walked in front of him on his way to the door. DooJoon had followed him glancing back towards the stage but only until he saw Hyorin walking in another direction.

DooJoon glances towards the ground floor bar where Hyorin works. She has been the only girl who persistently turned him down. Now he is happy about it because she is a nice girl.

“DooJoon where is your head?”

DooJoon looks to the side at a grinning Uruha

“Oh !” DooJoon looks down at the stand and frowns.

Uruha laughs and shakes him by the shoulders “Don’t worry you are so use to the job you could do it in your sleep but your head looks like it is in some other place” he picks up a bottle and takes a sip looking out at the crowd.

DooJoon smiles “I was thinking of when we first met”

Uruha looks at DooJoon forgetting to swallow the water.

“You were very handsome” DooJoon looks down at his stand thinking back at the laughing face he had seen that day “I hope I’ll make you smile like that some day”

Uruha swallows hard and steps a little closer to DooJoon so his chest is almost touching DooJoon’s arm “You…” he frowns a bit and looks out at the crowd. He looks back at DooJoon who is really putting an effort into not looking up from the things in front of him. Uruha nods and hesitantly places a hand on DooJoon’s shoulder. DooJoon turns his head ever so lightly and sees Uruha sweet smile before he walks away.

DooJoon smiles after him and nods determined.

When his break is up he head up to the VIP bar using the employee path to avoid the partying people.He wants to talk to DongHae and apologize for punching him that night.

He quickly spots the handsome bartender in the bar and feels some resentment towards him. He did still touch Uruha and DooJoon isn’t too keen on that. He takes a deep breath and walks over stopping next to the counter “DongHae do you have a second?” he says a bit loud to deafen out the music.

DongHae looks at him and for a second he flinches. He can’t quite forget how scary DooJoon had looked that night “S-sure” he looks at the other bartender who nods at him signaling that it is okay.

DongHae walks towards DooJoon “Do you need something?”

DooJoon sighs “I want to apologize” he looks down “I’m sorry I punched you”

DongHae waves a hand “Water under the bridge. You might want to watch out for EunHyuk though. When he saw the bruise he was almost as scary as you” DongHae chuckles shortly. He looks DooJoon in the eyes “I heard what happened”

“I figured you would” DooJoon sighs and looks to the side “I had it coming right?”

“You did. I told him he should go for your friend Gi Kwang. He would be better for him. He is handsome and sweet and I think he would be perfect for Uruha” DongHae crosses his arms. A little smirk forms on his lips when he sees the jealously in DooJoon’s expression

DooJoon straightens his back and looks to the side “Is that so?”

“Definitely. I met Gi Kwang up here a few times. He always asks how Uruha is doing” DongHae observes DooJoon looking more and more annoyed and he tries hard not to show his amusement

“Really” DooJoon gives up trying to look unaffected “He wants Uruha?”

“Maybe” DOngHae tilts his head “Would that be a problem?”

“Off course it would!” DooJoon snaps and hammers his hand in the counter. He groans and leans over the desk hiding his face in his arms “Why the hell would you tell me that? Gi Kwang is my friend…”

“I know” DongHae pushes DooJoon forcing him to sit up “He told me he felt responsible for you”

DooJoon frowns and looks confused

“He knows you and he knows Uruha likes you and he felt responsible and wanted to make sure Uruha was okay with how you acted” DongHae points a serious finger at DooJoon “He was apologizing for your behavior”

DooJoon sighs and lets his head drop

“You really got a good friend in that guy” DongHae huffs “Not sure what the hell you did to deserve it”

DooJoon looks to the side and feels down again “Right… Off course… I don’t know I guess he just… is too good a person… like Uruha… people who is just way better than someone like me who don’t deserve that kind of people in my life” DooJoon looks up at DongHae “People like me who doesn’t care about others and who only knows how to use people and we get into the minds of good people like Uruha and Gi Kwang and use them to our own advanced without considering what we are doing or how they feel” he raises his voice a little

“I didn’t say…” DongHae starts but gets cut off by DooJoon “You don’t have to tell me what an idiot I am. I don’t need you telling me I’m a loser who should just leave because that would be that best thing I could do for Uruha and Gi Kwang in that matter. They don’t deserve to be stuck with someone like me!”

“DooJoon I…” DongHae frowns and gets cut off again by DooJoon

“I should just go die right? I can’t improve and I can’t change what I have done so why the hell should I even be here. Once an idiot always an Idiot right?”

“No I didn’t mean” DongHae shakes his head but DooJoon just looks away “I heard it so many times the last days… I don’t even have count of it” He crosses his arms “Maybe Uruha is wrong. I might not have it in me and he is just blinded” he looks back at DongHae coldly “He is just too stupid to see that he is the one who doesn’t see the real me. The me everyone else sees is me and what he sees is just his imagination. Thanks DongHae. Thank you very much for making it clear for me” DooJoon shakes his head and leaves. DongHae curses and runs around the bar trying to catch up with DooJoon.

A girl has grasps DooJoon’s arm and he sighs and sends her an annoyed look “What?”

“DooJoonie it is me” She chippers happily. DooJoon frowns and looks her up and down trying to place her. He nods “Oh… from Wednesday” he remembers her as that last girl he took home.

She frowns a bit but shakes it off “DooJoonie you didn’t call”

“I had no intensions of calling” DooJoon coldly says “I don’t even remember your name”

DongHae catches up just in time to see her slap DooJoon.

“You forgot my name?!” she yells and crosses her arms. DooJoon moves his face closer to her and widens his eyes “Y-E-S” he huffs her in the face “You see I’m a and that is it. Now tell me I’m a bastard and see if I care”

The girl looks stunned and slaps him again with tears starting to emerge in her eyes

“Are you gonna cry?” DooJoon huffs again.

“DooJoon cut it out!” DongHae pulls DooJoon’s arm but DooJoon just glares at him coldly.

“What is going on?” A very big guy walks over to the girl and places his hand on her shoulder “You crying? Who made you cry?”

The girl points at DooJoon “He used me”

DooJoon nods arrogantly “I did”

The guy lashes out and grasps DooJoon’s collar “You used my sister?”

DongHae swallows and waves at the other bartender getting him to call for security

“I did” DooJoon calmly responds “Apparently I just can’t be a decent guy” he starts laughing although there is nothing to laugh about.

The guy snaps and pushes DooJoon away before throwing a punch which sends DooJoon back into a table. He stumbles backwards over it knocking over some bottles and a couple of guests have to jump to the side. DongHae steps in front of the big guy “Cut that out now!”

The guy looks at DongHae “Get out of my face” he pushes DongHae away but DongHae keeps standing back in front of him prolonging his way to DooJoon who slowly gets back on his feet holding on to his head. The lack of sleep and food has drained him more than he had realized. He looks up at DongHae seeing him getting pushed again.

He takes a step and stumbles into a chair. DongHae turns his attention to DooJoon and doesn’t see the guy picking up a chair.

DooJoon does see the chair being lifted and jumps towards DongHae pushing him out of the way so only he gets hit by the flying chair. A second later he is lying motionless on the floor a few feet away.

The girl screams and security finally shows up pulling the guy out. DongHae looks towards DooJoon seeing him push himself up and leave with a hanging head. He jumps up and runs after him “DooJoon you need to get checked!”

“Leave me alone” DooJoon mumbles and pushes DongHae away.

“DooJoon you… You need to get looked at! You lip is bleeding!”

DooJoon turns and pushes DongHae up against the wall “JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” he yells with tears in his eyes. He drops DongHae and steps back “I just… want…” he shakes his head and turns walking back through the employee path.

“DooJoon where are you going?” DongHae yells after him

“Work” DooJoon mumbles.

One of the securities comes over to DongHae “Is he okay?”

“Not at all” DongHae frowns and looks at the back walking away.

 

DooJoon walks back on stage over to the DJ stand motioning for Ruki to leave his spot. Ruki looks at DooJoon and frowns hard “Who beat you up?”

“Just let me do my job” DooJoon mumbles holding out his hand for the headphones. Ruki steps back “DooJoon are you okay?”

“I’m fine” DooJoon grunts and looks away “Just let me do my job okay”

“Hell no when you look like that” Ruki frowns and looks towards Aoi and Uruha who both turn to see what is going on. They both walk back to Ruki and DooJoon.

“What happened to him?” Aoi asks frowning. DooJoon just looks away refusing to look up. Ruki looks at Uruha who takes a deep breath and looks at Aoi who nods. He walks over and grasps DooJoon’s arm pulling him back off the stage. DooJoon complains but in his weak state he can’t really do anything.

When they enter the backstage room Uruha pushes DooJoon against the wall “What the hell happened?”

DooJoon crosses his arms and looks to the side.

“Who did that to you?!” Uruha yells “I’ll kill them! DooJoon who did that?!” He lifts DooJoon’s chin forcefully “DooJoon answer me!”

DooJoon looks at him coldly “Uruha you are the one who is blind”

Uruha frowns “What?”

DooJoon pushes Uruha away “Everyone agrees that I’m no good. You are the only who sees anything else! Maybe you are the one who got it all wrong!”

Uruha shakes his head “No DooJoon don’t do this”

“Do what?!” DooJoon yells

Uruha runs his hands through his hair “You believe them”

“How am I supposed to not believe them?!” DooJoon yells “They are right! They got all the evidence and what do you have?”

Uruha closes his eyes and sighs “I…”

“You are just think there might be something else in me but where is the proof of it? I don’t see anything different!” DooJoon is getting louder and louder “You are too good for me, Gi Kwang is too good for me because I’m just trash!”

“SHUT UP!” Uruha yells and walks over to DooJoon again putting his hands on the sides of his face “Don’t let this destroy you DooJoon”

DooJoon frowns “I already was”

“So fix it” Uruha pleads “Don’t give up”

“What if it is too late?” DooJoon lowers his voice and moves his hands up holding on to Uruha’s arms. Uruha shakes his head and leans his forehead against DooJoons “Don’t say that”

“But Uruha…” DooJoon swallows “I…”

“Do you care for me?” Uruha softly asks

“So much” DooJoon replies in just a soft voice 

“Then I’ll wait for you” Uruha moves his thumps over DooJoon’s cheeks “Take as much time as you need. I’ll be here”

DooJoon surpresses a sob and frowns “I don’t know where to start”

Uruha kisses his forehead and moves his arms around DooJoon’s neck “The beginning DooJoon. Who are you?”

DooJoon nods and closes his eyes “Who am I?”