Oh god!

Who Said It Was Gonna Be Easy?

It is Saturday and time for another night at L.I.F.E. Uruha had not been at work on Friday due to a cold.

DooJoon shows up as normal. He still hasn’t heard from Uruha and Gi Kwang isn’t picking up either. He is really starting to feel like the universe has a problem with him and it is really messing with his head.

He opens his locker and looks at the clothes hanging in it. On the hook on the door the bracelet hangs.  He lifts it off with two fingers and turns it in between his fingers. The door to the dressing-room opens and DooJoon turns his head seeing Uruha and DongHae walking in laughing with each other. DooJoon looks back in his locker as they passes behind his back with no sign of acknowledging his presence.

DooJoon takes a deep soothing breath and puts on the bracelet

“Donghae I’m all better” Uruha’s voice sighs contently “You don’t have to fuss”

“What if I like fussing?” DongHae responds. DooJoon turns his heard ever so lightly spotting Donghae’s hand on Uruha’s lower back. He frowns and turns his head further seeing how DongHae grins “Let me check okay” DongHae then gently pushes Uruha against the lockers and leans his forehead against Uruha’s.

DooJoon removes his shirt while his jaw clenches. He throws the shirt in the locker rather roughly and takes the one he is gonna wear out. He looks towards the two again and his temper suddenly skyrockets as DongHae stands really close to Uruha smiling with a hand on the lockers of either side of him.

DooJoon grunts and slams the locker shut before walking out rather fast pulling on his shirt in the process

 “What’s with him?” Uruha frowns. DongHae smirks “I think…” he looks back at Uruha “He might be a bit jealous”

Uruha starts blushing and a foolish smile appears on his lips “Really?” the hopefulness in his voice is way too obvious which makes DongHae laugh

DooJoon stops outside the door realizing he didn’t change his pants. He looks down himself considering if he can get away with what he has on but decides he should change. He turns and walks back opening the door just a little and then stops.

DongHae smiles sweetly at Uruha unaware of DooJoon being able to hear him “You really do look adorable when you blush”

DooJoon swallows and steps in looking towards the two seeing how Uruha shyly covers his face with his hands while the great looking bartender smiles and tries to get the Uruha to remove his hands.

“Don’t be shy” DongHae laughs. Uruha peeks through his fingers and looks at DongHae. He removes his hands and smiles “I’m just very happy right now”

DooJoon feels his blood boil and he steps backwards letting the door close before him. He turns and moves his phone to his ear calling Min.

 “I can’t stand it!” DooJoon says through gritted teeth before she can even say anything

O-okay… What happened?” Min asks confused

“He has been going crazy over me for a year and just like that he starts blushing in front of DongHae!” DooJoon snares and looks around making sure no one is paying any attention to him “Damn perfect bartender with his freakishly good looks”

Doonie I hate to break it to you but I think you like that Uruha” Min sounds like she is about to laugh but she knows now isn’t the time.

“I’m not gay!” DooJoon hisses “And I don’t like him!”

Min sighs “Doonie you have to step back for a second and think about it. You don’t want the guy, fine, then at least don’t be so pissy and let someone else have him. You say yourself Uruha is a great guy…

“He is!” DooJoon snaps “That doesn’t mean I want to be with him”

Are you even listening to yourself? God you are the most stubborn person I have ever met!  DooJoon let the great looking bartender have the pretty Uruha and go back to how it was. You were perfectly fine before. He is just messing with your head. Give it a week or so

DooJoon starts thinking about what Gi Kwang said and he just keeps getting more and more frustrated “Min I have to work with him but he completely ignores me” DooJoon lowers his voice as he passes a couple of bouncers

Doonie when you have been in love with someone and wants to move on it is normal to try and ignore the person and if he is already with the bartender it really isn’t that strange that he is steering clear of you. His new guy wouldn’t want him drooling over the last guy he liked

“He liked me a week ago how could he change his mind so quickly?” DooJoon sighs and runs a hand through his hair

You said Uruha was with DongHae after he left your place… Maybe he just realized that DongHae was there for him. It’s not uncommon that stuff like that leads to more

DooJoon frowns “How the hell do you know this? Don’t tell me it is personal experience”

God no” Min huffs “I heard it from some guy. I thought he was up for a good time but he just wanted a rebound after having been dumped by his ex. He told me all sort of emotional crap

DooJoon smiles a little “You really haven’t changed”

No but apparently you have

“I haven’t!” DooJoon frowns

I don’t want to discuss this with you! You are too stubborn. My point is, let the bartender date the guy and move on

DooJoon turns his head and sees Uruha and DongHae coming out of the dressing-room, Uruha first and DongHae right behind him. DongHae looks around and spots DooJoon. A small smirk emerges on his lips and he reaches out a hand which takes hold of Uruha’s arm making him turn his head and smile. DongHae moves closer whispering something into Uruha’s ear making him blush again.

 “The guy is mocking me” DooJoon says through gritted teeth as he turns around again.

What what what?

“That son of a is openly mocking me” DooJoon snaps

Who?

“DongHae that waste of flesh” DooJoon punches a wall and walks further away

Why are you getting so pissy DooJoon?

 “I don’t know” DooJoon sighs and scratches his neck “What the hell is wrong with me?”

Honey tell how you feel right now

“I’m pissed” DooJoon slides down against a wall in a deserted part of the club. He watches Aoi pass by further away. “I want to punch DongHae. He is all over Uruha. I just want to bash in his face”

Why? Does Uruha mind?

DooJoon sighs “No he looks happy… It’s just…”

You want it to be you who make him look like that and not DongHae” Min finishes his sentence

“Yes!” DooJoon erupts and only afterwards realizes what he just admitted to.

And that doesn’t tell you anything?

DooJoon freezes “… Oh god…” he hits his forehead with his palm “When did this happen? I can’t be gay!” he whines

Min laughs “Doonie my boy, stuff like that is out of your hands. Now what are you gonna do about it?

DooJoon shrugs “I don’t know. What do you think I should do?”

Min just stays silent for a while.

“Gee thanks for the great advice” DooJoon sarcastically says and sighs “I have to get backstage”

Let me think about it! God damn it, remember I’m the female you I got no bloody answers to that!

“Sure” DooJoon hangs up and hurries backstage where Ruki is half asleep on the couch. DooJoon sits on the chair next to the door leading to the stage and rests his elbows on his knees frowning at the floor while he tries to understand how he feels and why he didn’t realize it before.

Uruha enters with Aoi after about 10 minutes chatting casually.

“You okay?” Aoi frowns at DooJoon who looks up almost shocked. He just has so many things going on in his head right now.

“I-I don’t know” DooJoon looks back down. Uruha frowns but stays put. Normally he would run over to comfort him but EunHyuk told him not to so he won’t. He said the only way to figure out if his hunch about DooJoon maybe having some feelings for Uruha would be to try and make him jealous. DongHae was up for it right away. He has never been able to show his own boyfriend affection in public and he wanted to see what it was like. Uruha wasn’t as much into the idea thinking it would be a bit harsh but DongHae said that even if it didn’t work DooJoon could still use a lesson.

Aoi looks at Uruha “Aren’t you gonna do anything?” Uruha looks at Aoi rather taken a back. “N-no” Uruha mumbles and then walks over taking a seat in the couch next to Ruki who jerks his head up “Huh what?” He rubs his eyes and looks around. First at Aoi who is giving Uruha a strange look, then Uruha who looks like he is trying to become invisible and then DooJoon who just looks sick “What the hell am I waking up to?” He frowns and yarns.

“DooJoon are you sure you can work tonight?” He stands up and walks over to DooJoon feeling his forehead with his wrist “You are not warm”

Uruha secretly sends looks to DooJoon. He is really worried.

Aoi sits down next to Uruha “What is with him?”

“How would I know?” Uruha frowns “I just left him alone like he wanted me to” Uruha crosses his arms and looks down.

“Oh” Aoi smiles a little “I see”

A tone in his voice makes Uruha look up “What do you see?”

Aoi leans closer “Was it DongHae’s idea?” he whispers

“What!” Uruha frowns “How did you…” He shuts up when Seungho comes in.

“Boss what are you doing here?” Aoi smiles. Uruha sees the opportunity to get away from Aoi and rushes over to Seungho who smiles at him “You look better today”

Uruha nods “Thanks for stopping by yesterday”

Seungho gives him a slight hug “With all you do for us when we are sick anything else would just be plain rude. You always drop by and make sure we eat, wouldn’t everyone do the same for you?”

DooJoon feels the hole he is in getting even bigger. He didn’t even write to ask it he was okay. He starts turning even paler wondering when he became so self-centered and blind. Everything Gi Kwang had said suddenly starts making sense. Ruki slaps DooJoon’s cheek “DooJoon are you okay?”

Seungho and Uruha looks at DooJoon as well “Maybe you should go home” Seungho says with a slight frown “Ruki can do your job tonight”

DooJoon shakes his head “No no no” He hits his chest once and then mans up a smile “Just a friend who was worried. I didn’t know what to say” He looks at his wrist at a watch which isn’t there “Oh look at the time. I have to go on” he gets up and leaves. The others blink for a while without saying anything.

“What is with him?” Ruki mumbles and then he, Aoi and Seungho all crosses their arms and looks at Uruha who tries to hide behind Seungho.

“Uruha” Seungho sends him a stern look. Uruha glances over his shoulder “I just left him alone!”

Ruki shakes his head “But after the way you did that he really was out of it”

Uruha shrugs “That morning was a wakeup call. I don’t want to be thrown away in the morning like that. She was really upset. He doesn’t even like me back anyway. Haven’t you said all along I should give it up?”

Seungho turns and slides an arm around Uruha’s back “I’m with him on that. Our Uruha deserves better. At this point I don’t think DooJoon could do anything to convince me he deserves our friend here”

Ruki nods without hesitating. Uruha frowns at him “Isn’t he your good friend?”

Ruki nods “He is but you are more important to me than him”

Aoi smiles “Uruha you know that the four of us stick together no matter what. No girls or guys are gonna change that”

Uruha starts getting all teary-eyed. He looks down and his three friends all start patting him on the back to comfort him “We are your family Uruha” Seungho smiles

“We always got your back” Aoi smiles as well and Ruki crosses his arms and grins “You want me to kick his ? I’ll do it”

Uruha smiles happily and looks at his friends “What would I do without you guys?”

“I don’t know so don’t replace us with DongHae” Ruki raises a brow “You are making me jealous of him”

Aoi kisses the side of Uruha’s head “Let me know if you need help with… that” he whispers and Uruha turns his head and looks at him

“I mean it” Aoi smiles and Uruha nods “Thanks”