“Tadaima… (I’m back) My sweetheart…”

We Can Meet In Dreams

 

The young man who was sitting on the bench earlier slowly stood up. Shock etched across his face as he was now face to face with his sweetheart and this time, for real. Kazuha was smiling, despite the tears that still lingering on her pretty face. She looks at the man in front of him longingly.

“Finally, you show up…”, Kazuha said, after regain her composure.

Honestly, I am not ready to meet you yet, Kazu-chan… Yuya silently thought.

“I am waiting for you…”, Kazuha took a step towards him.

I am too, love. Praying that this day will come, although I myself in vague, if I am ready to face you after so many years…

“The boy that used to be my childhood friend…” She took another step.

You still remember me after all…

“And the man that has been invaded my dreams for so long…”

You do know it was me…

“And the man that has always been by my side, without me knowing…”

That is the least effort I can do for you…

“Continue protecting me, even in my dreams…”

Yuya smiled a little, looking at Kazuha who was getting near to him. His tears were threatened to fall any minute.

“Singing to me like he always used to…”

If it will ease your pain…

“I should have known earlier than this…”, She was now right in front of him.

“You must be very lonely back then… Yuya…”, she slowly touched his handsome face that was now smeared across his face. He can not utter any words although he wishes he could say something to her. She caressed his face with both her hands, studying the face that she has been missing for years.

“Tadaima… (I’m back) My sweetheart…”, with that, she pulled him for a kiss. All of his words and feelings were poured into the passionate kiss as he reminiscing all of their memories together before their reunion on that day.

Their first actual meeting, his song for her, his hugs, his kisses, his soothing voice and his visits within the world of dream; all of them were played at the back of her head.  After some time, they pulled away from the sweet sealing between them.

“I’m sorry… for not even open my eyes to see you…”, Kazuha said while she smooth away his tears with both her thumbs.

“Kazu-chan, I-“, before he say anything, she put her fingers to his lips.

“You’ve done so much for me, Yuya… Let me just…do the talking this time…”, she asked him while crying for the second time that day. He nodded softly.

“I am glad that I did not have the chance to say goodbye to you back then. Although I am sad, I know, I will meet you someday, which is today.”, she hugged him.

“However, you, never fail to meet me, even in my dreams…”, she sobbed painfully  to his chest.

“I should have realise, that you are the same man that kept my sleep peaceful, while sobbing alone without I notice…”, her tears started to wet his shirt.

“Oh God, what have I done to you, the one that I always have my minds, the one that holds my heart…”, Yuya slowly made her look up, to face him, who wears a sad face, despite them being united again.

“I’m sorry… and I love you…”, she confessed. He smiled while his tears start to fall again.

“I am always in love with you, my childhood sweetheart.”, and he kiss her after making his confession that was specially meant for her.