Meet the Parents

We Can Meet In Dreams

 

After their meeting with Jongin’s mother, the young couple finally got the chance to go back to Japan, in order to see Yuya’s adoptive family.

“You know, it’s been a long time since I’ve been here, dear.”, Kazuha mentioned to her husband as soon as the plane landed. Yuya smiled lovingly to his wife and nodded.

“I’m happy that I got the chance to bring you back, Kazu-chan. I can’t wait to show this lovely wife of mine to my father, mother, brother Shun and his wife, Yuu-san.”

“Will they like me?”, Kazuha questioned her husband. Despite the fact that she’s eager to meet each and one of them, her insecurity does get her best.

“Of course they will, sweetheart. They know that I’ve been searching you for years and the fact that you are the one that I want to spend my entire life with.”, Yuya softly rubbed his wife’s shoulder, just to ensure her that everything will turn well.

As soon as the lovebirds got back to the said house, Yuya practically screamed, announcing the family that he and his wife were there.

“Otou-san! Okaa-san! Tadaima!” Yuya gripped his wife’s hand, waiting for the door to be opened.

The first one who gets to see Kazuha was Yuya’s sister-in-law, Yuu, together with her husband, Shun.

“Welcome back, Yuya!”, Yuu exclaimed happily. Shun just smiled as his brother and his bride.

“Thank you, Yuu-san. Let me introduce you to my new wife, Kazuha.” Kazuha politely bowed to her now family-in-laws. She could not get rid her anxiety of meeting Yuya’s adoptive family.

“Hajimemae, my name is Hanazono Kazuha, nee-san, nii-san. Please take care of me!”

“Where is my new daughter-in-law? Ah, here she is! Okaa-san, you should see our new daughter here!”, Yuya’s father came in between them just to see Kazuha, which makes the latter a little uncomfortable of the situation. It’s been a while since she got herself a loud and warm family.

“Where is she, otou-san? Let me s-“ Yuya’s mother came, only to be revealed to her one and only flesh and blood, Kazuha. Kazuha was too shocked to utter another single word, which made Yuya worried.

“Kazu-chan, are you alright?” Kazuha’s eyes were still upon her biological mother, who is now with Yuya’s family. Now, a mother to three sons and happily married to Oguri Hideto and also bearing a new name, Oguri Mariko instead of Hanazono Mariko.

“Kazu-chan?”, Yuya was getting worried when his wife did not show any response to him. The truth is, she was thinking if she should confront the now Yuya’s mother. God knows how mad she was at that time. She decided to let it slip of, in order to respect her new father-in-law, together with brother-in-law and Yuya himself.

“I’m okay, dear. It’s just that I am a little bit tired. Sorry for my rudeness, everyone.”, she smiled to Yuya, just to ensure her husband that she was alright. The family welcomes her warmly, except for Mariko, who’s as anxious as her daughter. Mariko was trying to get Kazuha and her some private time together. Somehow, in years of marriage with Hideto, she realized her mistake of leaving Kazuha behind and in those years, she did try to search for Kazuha, with the help from her husband, but to no avail. The poor child was already in Korea at that time.

“It’s my fault, Hideto. I leave her behind, just like that. I am the worst.”, Mariko cried as soon as she learnt that Kazuha was no longer in the orphanage house where she had left her.

“Don’t say like that, honey. You’ve been a good mother to our sons. We will find her soon. We will make her stay with us. I promise, love.”, Hideto comforted his wife lovingly. He would be more than happy to have Kazuha with them.

Yuya’s adoptive family consists of Hideto, and his biological sons, Shun and Masaki. Hideto adopted Yuya when he was nine and at that time, Hideto’s wife, Megumi was still alive. Soon after that, Megumi died due to cancer and at that time, he met Mariko and later marries her. Mariko was the one who took care of the family and their three sons and Hideto was thankful to her for that. Hideto was kind enough as to accept Mariko’s bitter past and the fact that she had a lovechild before.

“So, how’s Korea, Kazuha?”, Hideto warmly asked his now daughter-in-law.

“It’s nice place there, otou-san. You should come there.”, Kazuha suggested.

“Ow, yeah. I’m sorry for not attending your wedding there, Kazuha. Do you want to have another wedding ceremony here?”

“Is it possible, otou-san? I don’t want to trouble Yuya as we’re both are minors. We barely have a job to support us and plus, we’re still students.”, Kazuha explained politely.

“Now I see why my son really into you, Kazuha. Ne, Okaa-san, aren’t you the one who suggested that we have another ceremony for this young couple?”

Mariko gulped upon the realization. Kazuha was totally uncomfortable with the fact. Somehow, she wants to go back to Korea as soon as possible.