That Child

We Can Meet In Dreams

Yuya and Kazuha were entertained because of the kids from the orphanage. All of them were bright and lively. With almost 30 kids in the house, the young couple surely have their hands well occupied. Principal Kato was pleased to see the couple together with the kids.

“Okaa-san!”, a young baby boy, about 3 years old called upon Kazuha. She was shocked to hear herself being addressed as a mother. Yuya then nudged Kazuha to go to the said child. Awkwardly, she approached the child, only to be embraced by the latter. Again, Kazuha was taken aback. The kid won’t let her go by linking his small hands tightly with her long legs. The kid looks so small and fragile in front of her.

That sight caused Yuya to smile happily. The sight was cute and innocent to him. He gave more time for Kazuha to adjust to the situation by watching her and the young toddler.

“Okaa-san!”, the toddler called upon Kazuha again. Her heart was melted by the young boy’s voice that she automatically bends herself to take the boy in her arms. “Yes, I am here dear.”

She then gently pats the toddler while he ruffles her hair unconditionally. The sight warmed Yuya and Principal Kato.

“His name is Tetsuji. He was left here by his father.”, Principal Kato mentioned. Yuya then looks at her. Then, he went to his wife and Tetsuji.

“Tet-chan!”, Yuya lovingly called the young toddler. He turned away from Kazuha to face Yuya. He then laughed. “Otoo-san!” Tetsuji then tries to reach Yuya and the older male gladly takes his small, cute hands in his.

“Tet-chan, do you like Okaa-san that much?”, Yuya said, pointing to his wife. Tetsuji barely speaks. However, it does not stop him from understanding Yuya. He then laughed again.

“I’ll take that as ‘yes’ then! You should like me as well, Tet-chan!”, Yuya continued. Kazuha looks at her husband who just acted childishly in front of a toddler. The sight of him and a child gives Kazuha the impression that in the future, Yuya will certainly be a good father to their child.

“Kazuha?”, Yuya suddenly called upon her.

“Yes, dear?”

“One day, I want to have a child with you.”, Yuya casually expressed his feelings. Kazuha smiled.

“Are you sure you only want one, Mr. Matsua?”, Kazuha playfully asked her husband.

“At least one. I know it is hard for a woman to go through pregnancy and it is even harder and painful to give birth. I don’t want you to suffer that much, Kazu-chan.”, Yuya looked at her in the eyes. Kazuha was touched by Yuya’s concern about her wellbeing.

“Dear… That is the term of bringing another child into this world. One of the symbols of love and hope that is pure. However, there are some of us that are unable to appreciate it…”

“Kazu-chan…”, Yuya then hugged both Kazuha and Tetsuji together. He patted his wife’s back lovingly. He might not be saying anything at the moment, but Kazuha understood his feelings. He wanted to comfort her and give her strength. He wanted to be with her at every step of their shared life. He wanted her to acknowledge and know that he loves her for herself and not because of her past. He always believes that Kazuha is innocent and there’s nothing wrong with her.

Tetsuji’s sudden burp startled the couple. “Tet-chan, you are so naughty!”, Yuya tickled the young toddler that caused the latter too burst in laughter.

They left the orphanage house after five days of staying there. They had so much fun and rather sad when they have to leave the young Tetsuji behind. They promised Principal Kato that they will come and visit again.

As soon as they get back to the Oguri’s mansion, Yuya decided that they should leave for Korea the next day. He told that decision to his family, which was expected by both Mariko and Hideto. Hideto had known the fact after his wife confessed to him that night, just after the couple had arrived at their place. Yuu, Shun and the just arrived Masaki were utterly shocked by their youngest brother’s decision.

“What’s this? Are you trying to be possessive over Kazuha-san?”, Masaki nudged his younger brother.

“I don’t even have the proper conversation with my younger sister here!”, Yuu exclaimed.

“Kazuha, did this punk do anything to you?”, Shun’s question shocked Yuya the best. He had never expected that his eldest brother would have such thought about him.

“Nii-san! How can I harm my Kazu-chan?!”

“It’s just weird that you suddenly want to take her away from us just like that.”, Shun calmly explained.

“I am sorry everyone. I have my reason and so does Kazu-chan.”

“Dear.. You don’t have to do this…”

“Yuya..”, Mariko called upon her son. Kazuha was shocked to hear her voice, calling upon Yuya’s name as if that was the most normal thing to do.

“Why don’t you stay here until the day after tomorrow? Your father and I have prepared a wedding reception for the both of you here…”, Mariko explained.

Yuya was literally happy, but not Kazuha. She knew that her mother would not let her slip away that easily after all those years.

Kazuha silently nodded at Yuya, right after he looked at her for the answer.