The Truth

We Can Meet In Dreams

 

That night, Yuya decided to ask his wife the reason behind her strange behaviour. Somehow, it has bothered him to the point that he wanted to confront Kazuha as soon as possible. Kazuha, on the other hand was too occupied with her thoughts upon Mariko. She was devastated, mad and also sad due to Mariko’s happiness and the fact that she attained those by leaving Kazuha behind. The realization that Mariko showed her motherhood to another child and not to her very own flesh and blood angers Kazuha. On top of that, Yuya was one of the children that get Mariko’s attention as his mother and Kazuha has mixed feelings on that.

She shouldn’t get mad at him, but at the same time, she felt annoyed. Why does Yuya has to be involved in this mess?

“Is everything alright, Kazu-chan?”, Yuya’s unique voice waken her up from her deep trance.

She merely nodded. Slowly, Yuya went by her side and took her hands into his.

“I am sorry, but I don’t believe you at all when you said that you are alright just now. It bothers me. Are you not happy to meet my family?”

As soon as she heard those, she hurriedly denies it. She does love to meet all of his family members, except the mother. Her very own mother.

Kazuha hangs her head low. She could not face Yuya, who was now kneeling in front of her, waiting for the answer to this problem.

“Your mother is my mother.”

Yuya chuckled as soon as he heard her. Cute, he thought.

“Of course, she’s your mother too. We’re married, remember?”

Kazuha then faced Yuya. Her tear stricken face, shocked him.

“Kazuha?”

“What I mean is your mother now, was my mother then.”, Kazuha finally confessed. Yuya was dumbfounded. No wonder both of them seemed so confused and worried around each other, he thought.

After the long pause, Yuya hugged his wife lovingly.

“I am so sorry, sweetheart. You want to go back?”

“What are you talking about? We had just arrived today. What would your father and brothers think of later on?”

“They will understand, believe me. Besides, I can’t put you through something that you are not ready of. I love you, and please don’t hate me because of this.” Yuya pleads.

Seeing her husband felt so sad and afraid that she would leave him, Kazuha kissed him, to get him rest assured.

“I won’t leave my husband for two months for the sake of my past. I admit, I don’t know how to let you know, and furthermore, for you to understand my situation, but you are too important for me, Yuya. I love you… so much.”

“Say, Kazu-chan? Why not we visit the place that unite us 14 years ago?”, Yuya suggested for them to visit the orphanage house that they used to stay in before.

“You mean the orphanage house?” Yuya nodded.

“Actually, I’ve planned for us to go there earlier. Maybe we can stay there for a few days?”

“Sounds good to me.”

As soon as the morning arrived, the couple finally departed from the house and embarked on the journey to their sweet meetings in the past, Himawari Orphanage House. Both of them smiled aloofly, remembering their young self in that wonderful place. Life in the orphanage house was not as bad as it seems. They were taken with a very good care by the principal there.

“Yuya, is that you?”, a woman’s voice was heard from behind, all loud and clear. Yuya then, turned back and smiled as soon as he realizes the owner of the voice.

“It has been a while, isn’t it, Principal Kato?” The said principal Kato nodded.

“Don’t tell me that you don’t remember me, Hanazono-san?” Principal Kato teased Kazuha as soon as she laid her eyes upon her. Kazuha was quite shocked to find their once principal again after all those years of time had passed by.

“It’s Matsua-san now, Principal. Remember when I told you that I will come back again here with my new wife? Kazuha now is my wife.”, Yuya proudly told the principal. The principal could not contain herself as she approached the couple with a very bright of a smile.

“Congratulations, both of you. I am both happy and proud of both of you. Our romantic couple here has finally tied the knot. Congratulations!”

“Thank you, sensei!”, both of them bowed at their once teacher and caretaker during their stay at the orphanage house.

“Since both of you are already here, why not I show you around? You’re going to stay here for a few days, right?”

“Can we both do that, sensei?” Kazuha asked.

“Why not? Besides, the kids here are waiting for both of you.”

Yuya and Kazuha looked upon each other and smiled. Somehow, their pasts are not always about sadness. Their story is not entirely about pain and tears most of the time, because they believe and they are pursuing the happiness, no matter how simple it is.