The Truth About Byun Baekhyun

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

 

“We’re going to the beach,” Kris tells me, handing me a bag.

“What?” I screech. Suho rolls his eyes.

“Well, technically we’re going to a camp site, there happens to be a beach not too far off it. We’re doing this as a team building exercise,” Suho explains.

I scowl.

“Why did no one tell me?” I growl. Sehun laughs loudly.

“We all knew you’d have problems giving up the internet access…” I flap my arms about crazily, hissing as I accidentally slap myself on the knee. Right where I’ve got this massive cut from falling up the damn escalator.

Don’t ask me how that even works. Stupid gravity.

If anything, you should have fallen down the escalator.

“SHUT UP, BRAIN!”

Chen flicks me on the nose, running off to the left. I notice there’s six small cabins made of wood and shaped kind of like teepees. They’re small and triangular.

“This is where you’ll all be staying,” the manager announces.

“Happy Hunger Games.”

I blink a couple of times, watching as our managers and basically civilisation in general start backing away, until there’s nothing.

“How long are we here?” I ask.

“Two weeks,” Suho explains. I glare at him.

“Two weeks without internet?” I complain rather loudly.

Suho ignores me.

“Right, everyone pick a partner. We’ll be bunking in pairs.”

I laugh stupidly. Isn’t it a given I’ll be with Byun Baekhyun?

“Come on Baekhyun!” I yell, dragging him off to the cabin on the far right. I see Luhan and Sehun take the one next to us, after that is Chen and Xiumin, followed by Tao and Kris, Suho and Lay, and finally Kai and Kyungsoo on the other end.

“Everyone get your stuff unpacked!” Suho yells.

“Once you’re all unpacked, we’ll go find wood and stuff for a campfire.”

“Wait, where’s the food?” Chen yells.

“Don’t worry about that. There’s a vegetable patch around here somewhere, and the company gave us enough food for a squadron of hungry army officials for at least a month. Food is not an issue,” Kris explains.

“The lack of Gucci products is!” Tao exclaims.

We all unpack, and surprisingly Baekhyun and I are the last to hit the wooden stumps that line the campfire area.

“We’re starting off with truth or dare,” Suho announces, lighting a match and chucking it onto the wood he’s gathered, which sits in the middle of our circle. The sun’s almost set, and it’s obvious no one wants to get involved.

“Can’t we just sleep?” Luhan complains.

“NO!” Suho yells loudly.

“YOU ALL LISTEN TO ME AND KRIS! We’re the leaders!!” Kris nods, stepping to the centre of the circle.

“We’re starting with Chanyeol. Truth or dare?”

I gulp loudly.

“Er… truth?”

I decide to be safe.

“What actually happened with those scars?” Kris asks, completely straightforward.

“I choose dare instead!” I holler.

“That was uncalled for!” Kai exclaims. Kris shakes his head.

“This whole thing is about everyone opening up to each other!” he says loudly.

“By the end of two weeks, we’re all supposed to be open, and ready to work together. We’re going to all be very close, alright?”

Baekhyun smiles, nodding.

“I… I still pick dare!” I announce, standing up. I’m not ready to explain everything just yet.

“Fine… I dare you to… stick as many ice cubes in your underwear as possible!” Kris shouts, receiving a fit of laughter from the rest of the guys.

“Excuse me?” I ask.

“Ice cubes in my underwear?”

“Yep.”

Chen hands me a tray of ice cubes.

“Go for your life.”

I scowl at him, picking up the first ice cube gingerly between my fingers. I pull the band of my underwear forward slightly, sliding the ice cube in.

“!” I scream.

“LANGUAGE!” Sehun counters.

I pick up the second quickly, hissing as it comes into contact with things I’d rather an ice cube not ever come into contact with. This continues until I am screaming loudly, pushing the ice cubes out of my pants.

“You got to ten!” Chen exclaims as I’m rolling on the ground, letting out a stream of continuous ‘’, ‘’, and ‘bastards’ as Sehun tries to shut me up.

“Far out!” I yell at Kris, pointing an accusatory finger in his direction.

“Now your balls will be all shriveled up!” Kris jokes, slapping me on the arm. I death glare at his face.

Stupid eyebrow man.

“I choose Chen!” I shout, throwing my hands in the air. “Chen, truth or dare?”

“Dare!” comes his curt response.

“I DARE YOU TO EAT A TABLESPOON OF CINNAMON IN ONE GO!” I scream, receiving gasps from the crowd.

Is there even cinnamon here?

I DON’T CARE!

Chen gingerly pours powdered cinnamon out of its small spice container, glaring at me as he holds the spoon gingerly to his mouth.

“You can do it!” Xiumin encourages him. Chen nods, opening his mouth and placing the spoon on his tongue, shutting his jaw quickly.

I see him begin to crack, as his eye becomes all squinty and he looks like he’s going to throw up. I laugh evilly.

Revenge, thou art a sweet .

Chen spasms, hissing and spitting and swearing all in one go. He lets out a huff, and a dust cloud of cinnamon sprays out into the air, right where Xiumin happens to be standing beside him.

“AH, MY EYES!” Xiumin shrieks, running around, almost into the fire. He stacks it on a large stick and jumps on one foot, finally falling silent as he rams his face into the wall of one of the cabins. I’m left gasping for air.

“Chanyeol!” Chen exclaims angrily, stealing Sehun’s water and pouring it all over his tongue.

“What?” I ask innocently.

Once things have calmed down, Chen points a finger in Baekhyun’s direction.

“You!” he says loudly.

“Truth or dare?” Baekhyun thinks for a minute.

“Truth?”

Chen smirks.

“Truth, huh? I’m curious, Baekhyun. Why do you get all weird when people other than Chanyeol touch you?”

Sehun and Kai growl and it becomes clear that Chen has indeed crossed the line. Baekhyun gets up from his seat quietly, walking across to the cabin. He doesn’t say a word, he doesn’t slam the door; he just walks as calmly as he can away.

I watch as he goes, with a single thought running through my head.

How come I never realised?

“I know why…” Kai says, breaking the silence. I look at him, my eyes wide. Kyungsoo slaps his shoulder, telling him to quiet down, but Kai continues unabated.

“Byun Baekhyun… he…” Kai takes a deep breath.


































“… was ually abused as a child.”

 

 

 

 


OK don't kill me. I can smell the hatred a mile off... kekeke
Well, hope you enjoy this next... revelation. For some reason I really love the troll Chen and his love-hate relationship with basically everyone...
Merry Christmas everyone! xD