Is it still the same?

The Conquest of Cassanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5 years later…

 

 

“Meeting is ready, Miss.” My secretary said.

 

“Okay I’ll be there in a minute.” I replied her and she immediately closed my door.

 

So… it’s been a long time since the chaos happened. I’m now living my boring old life, working in my family company and forced to forget what happened years ago. I try not to think about Chaerin and I can say that I’m quiet successful except the part when I cry at night every time I feel alone or when I miss her.

 

My door is swing opened and a tall guy with decent smile appeared. “You didn’t answer my call this morning.” Jaejoong said as he went in and then he put his hands around my hips, kissing me gently.

 

Have I mentioned I’m dating him right now? It’s not that complicated though. He was always there for me during my hard time. When I decided to leave Chaerin in order to let her live a proper life that she is supposed to have, Jaejoong was the one who took care of me. I think it’s mom’s request because, he had announced to everyone in the family that he would like to start a relationship with me 3 years go. Mom was so psyched the first time she heard that.

 

And as the result, the arranged married between Jaejoong and Chaerin was cancelled. Come on, it’s like the most ridiculous plan ever. Jaejoong and Chaerin? It still makes me wanna laugh.

 

Have I or have I not forgotten about Chaerin? The answer is so clear, of course I haven’t. And of course, I still love her, like, really love her. The love never decreases.

 

“I want to tell you something.” He murmured when we broke the kiss.

 

“I hope it’s not a bad news.” I said.

 

“I don’t think it’s a bad news for you, but it is a bad news for me. No… it’s more like…” he narrowed his eyes, “A threat.” Then he smiled bitterly and kissed me again.

 

I pushed him away lightly, “What are you talking about?”

 

He sighed and moved away from me, fixing his collar and looking out the window. His expression changed right away when he seems like thinks of something, something that’s bothering him. I just sat on my chair, bending my elbows on the arm of the chair and watched him being quiet.

 

“Chaerin is back. She is here.” His voice cracked.

 

I’m stoned. My whole body is frozen when I heard that. My heart beat increased rapidly as I heard that name mentioned. I ducked my head slowly and tried to calm my emotion. Yeah, I think this is a bad news for Jaejoong and yes, a threat. He must be worried about our relationship. He knows between me and Chaerin is not over yet.

 

It’s never been over for me. But I don't know what about the other party. I mean, Chaerin. She must be very upset because I left her without any explanation. I just disappeared from her life and so does she. We were separated without words. I don’t know whose fault it was. I was just so mad at her because she disappointed me but all I did is to save her. I didn’t want to ruin her life and her mom was right. It was a right thing to do. I just never thought of the consequences in the future.

 

“Wow… that’s… yeah, a bad news.” I stuttered.

 

Jaejoong turned his head and he looked at me seriously. “I hope you know what you’re doing when you see her.” He said and then he smiled bitterly.

 

“You coming?” he tilted his head as he swings my door open.

 

“Yeah.” I stood up quickly, grabbing my notebook and followed him outside, to the meeting room.

 

I keep sighing on my way to the meeting room and I think Jaejoong noticed that but he is cool enough to not interrupt my wayward thought.

 

He opened the meeting room door and as I stepped in, I don’t even want to look around. I just keep on my sight on my seat and sat down quickly with my eyes down to the table. Jaejoong sat next to me calmly.

 

I can’t lift my head, I’m afraid that when I look around, I will see Chaerin and honestly, I’m not ready for that.

 

“Good morning everybody.” I finally lifted my head to be polite when my dad came in.

 

Then he smiled at one person in the room, “Hello, Miss. Lee. It’s so nice to have you join us today.” He said as he clapped his hands once.

 

Then he continues, “Let’s welcome Miss. Chaerin Lee because start from today she is gonna work here. And don’t look at her appearance. She is actually one of the best….” Dad said ended with applauses from the attendances. I don’t do anything, just frozen on my spot.

 

Jaejoong tilted his head and smirked at me with his finger his temple. “What’s wrong with you?” he asked.

 

“What? Nothing’s wrong.” I replied him nervously.

 

I can’t do this. I can’t be so stiff like this. As the meeting began, I finally decided not to be a coward. I lifted my head slowly and turned my head hesitantly to my right to find Chaerin’s position.

 

Then… among those people, I saw her. She is right there, sitting comfortable with her arms crossed, leaning back on the seat looking bored, typical Chaerin. There’s something different from her. She changed. She is no longer having that eyecatching blonde hair. She dyed it to dark brown and she looks much more gorgeous because now she looks like a mature young lady. Her jaw line looks perfect and her lips look different, I like it better now. . I think I’m smiling inside because I f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter