Story of Lee, Park and Kim (Part Two)

The Conquest of Cassanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My dad is driving me crazy. After dragging me out of the school, he, now hiring spies to watch every movement I'm making, even they are still watching me at work. Oh come on, dad, you're exaggerating. That is nothing compares to what my mom told me yesterday. 

 

"Tomorrow we're gonna have a gathering." She said during our family dinner. 

 

I looked at her, "Yeah and you know I won't be there." 

 

Dad cleared his throat and his eagle eyes are gawking at me. Okay, he is still mad at me. 

 

I withered. I can't do anything I need to do as they say or those spies is only the beginning of my misery. "Fine, I'm going tomorrow." 

 

Sanghyun is smirking at me, that little jerk. I love him but sometimes I just can't stand his arrogant and impolite characters which, reminds me of Chaerin. 

 

Speak of that little . I haven't met her for a week now, it's weird since I've been seeing her like, every day and every time because she was bothering me a lot. I kinda miss her. Oh I have fell into the Casanova stupid trap. But, I think the feeling I had for her is just temporary, I'm not that in love with her. It's just because she is acting so sweet and romantic that I can't resist it, not because I'm really in love with her. I think I was just blushing and confused.

 

Yeah, of course. It's way too impossible for me to be in love with her, right???

 

"Why should we have gathering tomorrow?" I asked randomly because of this boring dinner time.

 

Mom finished her meal and she wiped before saying, "Your uncles and aunts are crazy. They want to arrange marriage for Jaejoong and Chaerin." 

 

I swear I choked when I heard that. I choked so badly. 

 

"Are you okay?" Mom asked. 

 

Sanghyun chuckled, "She probably has crush on one of them when she was faking her identity in that stupid school." he said and then laughed by himself. Yeah, this is my brother. His speciality is mocking and cornering someone.

 

"Sanghyun, that school is where our money come from." Dad yelled at him. He is withered so quickly and almost made that puppy sound. Then he continued eating. And yeah that's his weakness. He is not as brave as you think he is. 

 

Okay now back on what we were talking about, 

 

Chaerin and Jaejoong??? Are they ing kidding me? That's nonsense. Nobody will ever thought of it. It's disaster!!!

 

"Is that for real?" I asked mom with my eyes wide opened.

 

"Yeah that's what they told us. They are going to announce it officially to everybody tomorrow, so, you need to be there, Dara!" Mom stated firmly.

 

 

So that's what happened. I could barely sleep last night. I was thinking about the stupid Lee Chaerin. I was thinking about her all the time, her face, her smile, her touch, her kiss, even her annoying behavior. Somehow I regret that I ever stepped my feet on that school, if I never did, I would never ever be attached with Chaerin and this feeling won't exist. 

 

Gaaaaaah, it was just a moment ago when I thought I wasn't in love with her, but now, look at me. I'm rumbling inside. I'm actually contemplating and worry about her and our relationship. Maybe I never consider myself as her real girlfriend but still, what would happen to us now? 

 

I never thought this far before, and I think neither of us did. We were too busy playing around. Sandara, are you really in love with her? Because if you are, you need to forget that feeling and move on. 

Chaerin and Jaejoong is getting engaged, and will be married. The logic is, I should be worried about Jaejoong because I liked him but now I don't even think a piece of him. My head is tainted by Lee Chaerin, it's like a chronic virus. 

 

So tonight, I, once again, rejected Lee Chaerin and this time I'm so serious because it's not college anymore. It's real life. We all are the heiress of these companies. We will take responsible of it so issue like this would just ruin everything. I have to say that I am the oldest here so I have to take care of Chaerin besides playing with her and be her girlfriend. It's just not the right thing to do, even if I really like her or she is begging so hard to get me.

 

I decided to have conversation with Jaejoong all the time to distract myself from pitying Chaerin who can't take her eyes off of us all the time. I'm pretty sure Jaejoong also noticed that, he just doesn't care to even mention about it.

 

"Have you heard about it?" Jaejoong asked me during the dinner, when the others are busy talking about business. 

 

"About what?" 

 

Jaejoong smiled bitterly at me, "Come on, I know you know already."

 

I know what he meant. So I nodded lightly, "Yeah, about you and Chaerin."

 

His shoulders went down and he looks so upset. "What should I do? I need to do this. There's nothing I can do against them, you know that right?" 

 

I looked at him, feel really bad for him. I understand and get what he is feeling. This is the hardest part of being rich people, especially the oldest heir of a big branded company. We can't do anything against the elders. Our lives are controlled. Once we cross the line, we will be abandoned. Nobody will respect us, they will underestimate us and would find trust on the other kids. Like it happened to Jiyoung. 

 

How I wish Chaerin won't turn like him. I think I need to prevent her from turning into that side, but how?

I believe after she finds out about the arranged married, she would freak out and she would explode and turn into a wild animal, even worse than she used to be. And in the end, she would end up being the next Jiyoung, the abandoned and untrusted kid of this family.

 

The time goes by, finally Uncle Kim announced the arranged married. Chaerin was stoned and Jaejoong seemed so much uncomfortable, like about to cry.

Like I said, it's gonna be a disaster, both of them hate each other and I don't even have to explain what happen when they fight.

 

And one more thing, my chest hurts when Uncle Kim said about the marriage out loud. I secretly look at Chaerin, wondering what kind of act she would take after this, what kind of life she would have. 

 

"Mom, you know that it's so impossible. I don't like guys, I love women!" She said it out loud. I can't even explain how I'm nervous with that statement. I'm so afraid that she will point out that she likes me and tell everyone that I'm her girlfriend and my life is over if that happens.

 

Everyone is aware that she is called Casanova and screws with girls as well but, in rich people's world, that thing is not taboo at all but consider as fun. I'm sure all of them have done the same thing, ahem, except me. I look at people around me, even at my lil brother. I think I'm the only one who is old-fashioned here. I feel so old now. They all look so arrogant and enjoy living their extravagant lives but me? 

 

Am I born in the wrong family or what?

 

"I know you do that just for fun, honey. But it's not time for fun anymore. You've grown up, you're close to graduate from college and I want you to be able to take care of company just like the others." She said. Chaerin doesn't even look like listening to her. She is ducking her head and pouting like she is going to explode pretty soon.

 

I'm just looking at her, countdown before the explosion.

 

1

 

2

 

3

 

 

And yeah, I'm not so surprised when she walked away from the room, heading somewhere. 

 

The atmosphere is so awkward when she left. I wipe my mouth with the napkin, "I need to go to the toilet."

 

Yes. I make up an excuse. I need to see Chaerin. I don't want her to do stupid thing. What if she jump off the rooftop? Okay, I don't want that happen because it would be scary if her soul wander around my house and seduce me every night. Well, that was a very stupid thought. 

 

I walk through the hallway, oh my God I just realize how ridiculously massive my house is. My heels is killing me. I looked around, crossing my fingers that I would find that girl soon. Now I start to worry about her. 

 

But, that didn't last long because there she is. 

 

I don't call her name or do anything to make her realize my appearance. I'm just watching her back from the spot I'm standing on. She looks fabulous tonight. She is not wearing those ridiculous costumes. She doesn't put on heavy make up like she did at school. She is just like an ordinary rich girl who is attending a pleasant family dinner. Her back figure is shown clearly because of the dress she is wearing and I think it looks so good on her. She looks less fierce and… lovely.

 

I like it. 

 

After watching her for like a minute, I step out to the balcony, where she is standing. Okay I hope this isn't the place she was planning to jump off. 

 

I sighed as I stand next to her, leaning my elbows on the bar and tilted my head to look at her face. She was… crying. Wow. This is exactly the first time I see her cry. I thought she would never cry in public.

 

She quickly looked away and secretly wiping her tears. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter