Please Come Home

The Conquest of Cassanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After what happened between my boss and me the other day, everything becomes awkward. I always know he is watching me when there’s chance and it starts to worry me. I told about what happened to Yuri and she swore she would prevent that from happening again. I count on her.

 

I was washing my hand when one of my co-workers came and, “someone is looking for you.” He said and then he came out without saying other words. I slightly smiled. Someone is looking for me, who else besides Chaerin? I dry my hands quickly and stepped out of the washing room and almost squealed when I saw someone else.

 

Sanghyun. My baby brother is sitting at one of the tables, looking around the place, obviously doesn’t like the environment he is at. My heart skipped a beat when he spotted me. His eyes are slightly widened and he stood up in reflex. I crossed my fingers, walking toward him.

 

He slightly smiled at me, “Nuna, how are you?” he asked. I didn’t answer him and went to hug him instead. I’ve missed him. Although we’re not that close and often arguing over small things, I miss him. I miss his fuss, I miss his silliness, I miss our fighting time. He hugged me back.

 

“Nuna, are you alright?” he asked with husky voice. I let go of him and grinned, “I’m more than alright.” I said and then I sat down on the chair facing him.

 

“So, you really work here?” he asked, his eyes are still looking around the place. Yuri is standing behind the cashier desk, watching us from far away.

 

“Yeah. It’s not bad, right? What would you like to drink?”

 

Sanghyun shook his head immediately and smiled uneasily, “I didn’t come here to just visit you and have a drink, sister. I’m here to beg you to come home.” He said firmly. He changed his expression all of sudden. He looks at me sternly and now I don't see my baby brother. I see someone else, a grown up heir.

 

I sighed and ducked my head, starring at my fingers below the table, “I don’t mean to hurt you but I will never come home except everyone agrees about…”

 

“About what, about your stupid relationship with Chaerin? Are you nuts? Nobody is going to accept it. Nobody. Not even me.” He raised his voice and when he realized he sounds too loud. He coughed randomly and he gets embarrassed.

 

I didn’t know something like that would come out of my brother’s mouth. Is this what he has been thinking? Is this who he really is? He might be childish and careless sometimes but I never expected him to inherit the rich people’s arrogance and disposal.

 

I ended up watching him disappointedly with my eyes. He sighed and leaned forward, “I’m sorry.” He softened his voice but still sounds serious.

 

“I’m just worried about you. Everybody is. I just want everything to get back as it was. I want you back. You weren’t like this before. What has actually happen?”

 

“I happen to fall in love. That’s what happen, Sanghyun.” I replied firmly and left that speechless face of him.

 

“You really love her?” he asked me.

 

I nodded, “I do. I love her sincerely.”

 

“Why do you love her? I mean, everybody knows she is a . Are you sure she is not using you as a game? You know her, sis, she is a player. She is not good for you, sis. She is going to hurt you.”

 

“Trust me. She changed. She has changed so much, Sanghyun. You should know that.”

 

He ducked his head and sighed. Then he looked up at me again, “Mom and dad are so worried about you. Don’t you love them too?”

 

I’m spellbound by the question. I rolled my eyes, looking for the perfect answer to give it to my brother that won’t sound offending. “It’s different. I love mom and dad too, that’s a stupid question, Sanghyun.”

 

“Then why do you leave them? You disappoint them.”

 

“That’s because they don’t want to try to understand me. This is who I am.”

 

Sanghyun grunted, “It’s not who you are. You weren’t this person, sis. That changed you and turned you into a worse person. Please, come back home.”

 

I almost slammed the door if I wasn’t reminded that this restaurant is filled with customers and I’m just a waiter here. Sanghyun really drives me crazy. I thought it would be fun meeting him after a long time. I thought he truly missed me but turns out he is just another messenger from mom or dad or anybody in that ing family.

 

“I won’t come home unless people accept me and Chaerin. I swear Sanghyun, you don’t know what you’re talking about.” I stood up and about to leave but my brother grabbed my hand. He sighed. “I’m sorry, sis.” He said and then he dispatched my hand. He turns his way to the entering door and looked at me before he leaves.

 

“Please be safe. I don’t want you to get hurt. I hope Chaerin knows what she is doing. I hope she doesn’t hurt you. Everything I know about her just never fail to scare me. You know me, sis, I’d kill her without regret if she does something bad to you.” He said and then he walked away.

 

Great. Now everyone thinks Chaerin is the main role of changing my life. Everyone thinks she is the and she isn’t good for me. And why is that? Chaerin is a good person. They just haven’t seen the real side of her yet.

 

I went back into the employee’s room. I feel like crying. Yuri came in, “Wow. Another hot creature came to look for you. Who was he anyway?” she leaned her body on the lockers behind her and facing me.

 

I smirked, “He is… my brother.” I replied.

 

She is surprised and look excited than ever, “Really? Wow, no wonder you both share the same kind of face but… he doesn’t look like he is going through a bankruptcy.”

 

“Yeah he… uh, he is still not used to our situation. So, you know, we still need to adapt.”

 

Yuri nodded her head constantly and patted my shoulder, “Be strong, folk. I’m sure you’re going to have a better life ahead.” She said and then she smiled. Oh she is such a good girl. I feel bad making up lies and told her the fake story of my life. Maybe someday I should really tell her the truth about everything. She deserves to know.

 

***

 

I looked at my face in the mirror. ! What should I tell Dara if I get hit on the face again? I’ve been trying not to get hit on the face often so she won’t notice that I’m doing this for work. I always ignore her and made up excuses every time she wants to have intimate time because she’s gonna find out the bruises I get from the fights.

 

This morning I told her I fell off the stairs when I was getting the wine from the storage. Next time if I get hit again, what should I tell her? Now this secret I’m keeping from her starts to scare me.

 

I put on ointment on the bruise I got. Someone breaks in the changing room. It’s Jess. “Late again.” I said. She groaned, “I fell asleep. Last night’s fight has made me give away all my energy. I hope tonight I won’t be a dead meat.”

 

I chuckled a bit, “You won’t. You’re great up there. You always are.”

 

“Thanks for the compliment that is not useful to me.” She murmured. I smiled.

 

“Is your face okay?” she tilted her head, watching over my face.

 

“Yeah. It’s okay.” I said and quickly changed my clothes into a top with no sleeve and training trousers. Jess is also changing right beside me. Loud voices start to appear. We could hear it through the thin wall. The other girls come in too. I barely know all of them.

 

“Who am I going to face today?” I murmured. Jess patted my shoulder, “Just pray it wouldn’t be that girl.” She aimed at a brown haired girl with muscular arms and strong thighs. She looks unbeatable.

 

“Yeah I’ll try to pray about that.” I said.

 

 

The opponent is picked by lottery. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter