Keep my Promise

The Conquest of Cassanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I lost the sight of her figure. I lost her in the middle of the crowd. I walk around the area and I can’t find her. There are way too many people in the street. I rubbed my face, and try not to cry in public. My heart is racing as my feet are walking fast through the street. My eyes are wandering around, looking for her.

 

I’m so scared right now. I’m scared that she might do something bad. I’m scared I might lose her. I looked at my watch. I’ve been looking for her for almost an hour. I can’t find her.

 

I walk back to my flat, getting in and slumping to the couch, covering my face with my palm, crying silently. Filled with guilt and regret. Damn! I’m really an idiot for slapping her out of blue like that. She must be so mad at me.

 

Clock is ticking. It’s almost 1 in the morning now. She has not come home yet, worrying me. I can’t stop looking at the clock and went to the window to look if she is down there. She is not appearing and I start to get panicked. Should I call police and report missing person?

 

The knob of the door is moving. Chaerin is here. I stood up and wiped my tears quickly. She entered in with upset face. I rushed to her and hit her on the chest, pushing her away, “Where have you been?” I yelled. She frowned, but not answering me. I hit her again. I hit her continuously and she caught my hands. She clutched my hands tightly. I burst into tears. This is so embarrassing.

 

I ducked my head and cry right in front of her face. “I’m sorry…” I murmured. I gasped and looked at her, “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I know you just wanted to help me, I know it, I was just, panicked. I don’t want you to get into trouble. I needed to stop you, please, don’t hate me, Chaerin.” I said, and then I feel so relieve inside my chest. I continue cry again this time louder and I could barely breathe. Chaerin loosened her clutch on my hands, she let it go and she hugged me right away.

 

She pushed me closer to her chest. She my hair, “I’m the one who has to say sorry. I’m sorry, Dara. I know I was acting immaturely.” She snuggled her chin to the crook of my neck. I put my hands around her and hugged her tighter. I’m so glad she is not mad at me. I’m glad she came home. I’m glad she is here now.

 

This is the first fight we get into ever since we ran away and I don’t want to fight with her anymore. I don’t want any of us to be mad at each other. I love her.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t protect you as I promised you. I’m sorry I let that guy touched you. I’m sorry if I have not done enough to make you happy. I’m sorry…” her voice is held up by tears. She cried on my shoulder now.

 

“No, Chaerin. You’ve done enough. I’m happy. I’m always happy with you.” I said.

 

We let go of each other. She d her pocket with her hand and took out something, a locket. It’s sparkling. She wrapped it around my neck and smiled at me, “This will protect you.” She murmured and she kissed me quick on the lips. I starred at the necklace I gave her before for blessing and luck.

 

She that necklace and as if she knows what I’m thinking, “So each of us is protecting each other now, with these.”

 

I smirked at her, “This is cheesy.”

 

She pouted, “No. It’s not.” She kissed my forehead.

 

“Oh my God, I love you so much.” She mumbled. I hugged her again, this time for a longer time. I won’t let go of her. Ever.

 

 

I peeked again. Chaerin is starring at me with that little smile. She is sitting in the corner of the bed, laying her head on the wall while busy munching the bubble gum while I’m sitting on the other side. I slightly smiled and focused back on my drawing. This scribble , this looks so weird. I can’t stop laughing at myself.

 

This is Sunday. We’ve decided to not going anywhere and spend some quality times together at home. I’m trying to draw her face. But it looks like a total failure.

 

Chaerin throw me with a cushion, “Do it right!” she yelled. I giggled and peeked to see her face again, and then start to visualization it through my drawing.

 

I starred at her, this time longer, she is also starring at me. She smiled at me. I smiled back. We’re not saying anything but I could feel the love. I feel peace.

 

“I love you!” she mouthed, there’s no single sound going out but I know she says that.

 

I smirked and started scratching again. I hold my laughter, “It’s done.”

 

I spin the book and showed her my work. I hide my face behind it and giggled by myself. “What the hell is that?” she yelled.

 

I gasped, “That’s you.” I said.

 

She frowned and smirked, “That looks like an animal.” She yelled again and I burst into a great laughter.

She giggled and crawled to get me. She pulled my legs and slumped me to the bed. She grabbed my book and looked at it closer. “This is obviously an animal. My God, you’re so bad at it. What species is this?” she is mumbling by herself.

 

I just can’t stop laughing looking at her face. She narrowed her eyes and scowled at me, “Stop laughing!” she moved her hand and roamed around my stomach to tickle me. I grabbed her hands quickly before she does that. She went to the top of me to win over me.

 

“Stop, stop please stop!” I stopped laughing and she stopped. She is smiling down at me. I loosened my grasp on her hand and she leaned down to kiss me. Her kiss is very gentle and soft. She smiled at me as we broke the kiss. “Do you love me?” she asked.

 

“What do you think?” I her hair and slipped it behind her ear. She kissed me again, “I think you’re crazy about me.” She whispered. I can’t hide my smile. She is just too sweet. I pinched her nose.

 

“I think I’m starving, and I’m gonna go to the market to buy raw stuffs.” I got up and pushed her aside. “You’re gonna cook for me?”

 

I raised my eyebrow, “You miss my cooking, don’t you?”

 

“Don’t be too long.” She yelled before I left.

 

I walked to the market. I’m already used to wander around the traditional market ever since I left home. I stopped my step. My instinct is telling me that someone is following me. I turned around. I was right. I recognize him, my mom’s assistant. He is startled because I caught him on the act. He finally approached me and bowed at me.

 

“How did you find me?” I asked him.

 

He scratched his hair, “My wife likes to go here, and she said she saw you.”

 

“You told mom and dad?”

 

His expression is uneasy, “No. I didn’t. But I have to tell you, Mrs. Park is so sad. She wants to see you desperately.”

 

“It’s absurd if you’re saying that she doesn’t know where I am. She probably has spied on me and saw me. Oh, maybe you’re her spy.”

 

I looked away. My heart starts to hurt when I think about mom.

 

“She knows where you are. She just wants you to go and see her by yourself, not by force.”

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

“Just go and talk to her.”

 

“What if she catches me and locked me up in the house?”

 

“She won’t do that.” He said with a gentle smile.

 

“Why are you so sure?”

 

“You know your own mother, she is not that kind of person.”

 

I watched him and narrowed my eyes, “What are you doing here exactly? Tell me the truth.”

 

He sighed, “I’m here to look after you, Miss. It’s a mandate. But don’t worry, I won’t kidnap you and bring you to her. It’s all up to you.” He said politely.

 

I duck my head for a while, asking my brain to think. I think mom’s assistant is trustworthy. He looks honest. I also think mom is not a person who uses violence and power to get what she wants, I mean, getting me back home.

 

 

I have decided to go home, just to see mom, to see if she’s okay. I got off the car. Luckily her assistant is so kind. I stepped on my house after more than a month running away. The housemaids are like seeing ghosts when they see me.

 

“Where’s mom?” I asked one of them.

 

“Mrs. Park is in her working room, miss.” She bowed at me as I’m leaving.

 

I reached mom’s working room, starring at the door for seconds, questioning myself if I’m su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter