Why Are We Like This?

The Conquest of Cassanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I just want to share this song :

Múm – Green Grass Of Tunnel

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/Skx_O3JZ/Mm_-_Green_Grass_Of_Tunnel.html

 

I listen to it over and over again when I'm writing this chapter. In my oppinion, It's just so beautiful. Anyway, happy reading and comment!! :)

 

 

***

 

I came home, Jiyoung’s devilish smirk and words are echoing inside my head, plus, the picture of Chaerin hugging that girl. . I can’t think clearly.

 

I think tomorrow my boss is going to fire me for sure and I can’t do anything about it. My head hurts every time I think about the future of us, me and Chaerin. We’re already fighting like this and she is still keeping thing from me. I doubt this relationship is gonna last long and this thought is exactly the reason why I’m crying like this in public.

 

My neighbors who I never talked to are looking at me secretly when I’m waiting for the elevator to reach up my floor. I try hard to hold my tears but they keep falling down uncontrollably.

 

I stepped out quickly when the door slide opened. I turned left and…. “.” I muttered.

 

“No. No. No.” I mumbled as I rushed into our flat. Two bodyguards are guarding in the outside and when they saw me, they look surprised and they bowed at me politely.

 

I carefully stepped into my flat. The door is unlocked and widely opened. I saw someone’s back, it’s a lady and she is sitting at the dining table with her arms crossed and her skinny body straightened, aware and well mannered.

 

I can tell already who it is by just acknowledging the hairstyle and the back figure. Chaerin’s mom.

 

I’m so ed right now.

 

I fixed my fringe and brushed my hair with my fingers before showing up in front of her. I clutched my hands and try not to shake too much. When our eyes met, you don’t have idea how nervous and scared I am. She is a pretty woman with fierce gaze and when she smiled, jeez I don’t think that’s a real smile.

 

And hell, she smiled at me and asked me to sit down.

 

I sat on the chair awkwardly and faced her, gaining all my nerve and faking a very friendly smile.

 

“I’m not here to scold you, or to mock you, or to say anything harsh to you. Well, I must admit the other day, the last time we had conversation I was a little bit rude to you and I apologize for that.” she said firmly and her stare is vicious, giving me goosebumps.

 

I cleared my throat and slightly smiled, but this time I’m being sincere because honestly I really appreciate her apology. “It’s fine, Mrs. Lee. I actually deserve it.” I said.

 

“Uhm, would you like to have a drink?” I asked.

 

“No. Thank you.” She replied politely and that just scares me more.

 

She watched me for quite a long time and got me nervous and if I was a hardcore coward, I would’ve peed on my pants. She turned her sight immediately as her eyes become obviously teary. She ducked her head lightly and forced a smile, a bitter one.

 

For some reason, I kinda feel sorry for her. Of course, I took her daughter away from her. Just to remind everybody, it was my idea to run away in the first place so I’m the one who has to take the blame.

 

“Is there anything you want to say to me?” I finally broke the silence.

 

She looked at me again and this time she didn’t hide her tears anymore. She cried calmly, not making any sound but her tears are literally dropping. My heart melts, I feel like watching my mom crying because I’m being ungrateful and leaving my family.

 

“Are… are you okay?” I passed her tissue paper and she took it without comment, “Thanks.” She said in the end.

 

“You know, Chaerin is my only child.” she said after she slow down her sob.

 

I lightly nodded my head and waiting for her to continue her words.

 

“I had experienced miscarriage, two times before I got Chaerin. She is my baby girl. I love her so much but I guess I’m a ty mother. I couldn’t take care of her. I work too hard and think too much about getting money to give her the best facilities because I stupidly thought that it was the best for my child. I just wanted to see her happy and not miserable. I never expected her to become like this. She turned into someone I didn’t want her to be and it is all my fault….”

 

“I’m so sorry, Mrs. Lee.” I murmured and started to get teary as well.

 

“But then you came to her life and I saw difference in her. She changed. When you became her tutor, she became better and better person I really thanked you for that…” she placed her hand on the top of my hand and smiled at me sincerely.

 

“I know you love her so much. And I know she also loves you like she never did to anyone else, including her own parents. But the problem is… she is my only child, my only hope, my only future. What am I supposed to do if she left this family? I have no one. She is my only successor, Dara. You understand that?”

 

I gulped and I feel like the sky is falling down, like a truck hitting my head. I looked into Mrs. Lee’s eyes and I could feel what she is feeling. Desperation.

 

“So what do you want me to do?”

 

“You know what you should do, Dara. You’re an adult. You know what I mean, please, I want her back.”

 

I know what she means. It’s still around the same topic, still about me leaving Chaerin, still about the separation. Yep, that’s the only thing they think is the best for the two of us, or maybe for all of us.

 

“But I love her so much… what should I do about that?” now I start to cry. , this is so dramatic. I hate this but this is really happening to me.

 

 

***

 

 

“Are you sure you can do this? You know if you want I could trade for you.” Jess said as she placed her hands on my shoulders.

 

“I can do this.” I said surely and I put on my gloves and ready to step out of the room. Jess held my hand, “Be careful, do you know who this woman is?” she starred deeply into my eyes warily. I shook my head lightly. “But I will win this tonight.” I said quickly and headed out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter