Chapter 23

This Way

 

Chapter 23
 
Danee ran upstairs after hearing enough of her two older members, Jiyeon and Soyeon heated argument. The two most hot-headed members fighting their head off is the last thing she wants to deal with after dinner. 
 
Tonight is the night 'y Love' will be released to the public which is the sole reason her unnies got into a fight. Arguing wether they should carry on and present themselves.
 
Danee ponders, thinking how are her members dealing with this issue, one of those night she would hear Boram crying on the phone, talking to her mom. How much fear they have to deal everyday getting out of the house. 
 
Danee waited in front of her laptop until Areum entered the room. She stayed quiet and Areum went to do her own stuff. The two is still in 'no-talking-allowed' rule set up by Areum. Danee, not wanting to fight kept the rule ruled.
 
"Oh it's out!" Danee squealed and clicked on the video. 
 
The intro was playing so Danee decided to read the comments. But before she could, Areum came from behind and stopped her.
 
"Just watch the video, not the commentators," Areum said.
 
"Why?" Danee asked.
 
"What kind of question is that? What do you expect from the comments?" Areum raised her eyebrow.
 
"I'm sure there'll a bit of good comments.."
 
"So you're going to brave the hurricane to see the rainbow? Which is not going to happen?" Areum dissed her.
 
"Wah, you sure are no positive person.." Danee dissed her back.
 
Danee only concentrated on the video, catching a little bit of the choreography. 
 
"Yah, shut if off already! I want to sleep!" Areum threw her pillow to Danee, causing her hand phone to fall off her computer table.
 
"You don't have to do that, you know! You can say it nicely!" Danee lost her temper, finally.
 
"Why are you using banmal with me?!" Areum yelled. 
 
It was 1.12 a.m. in the morning.
 
"Why are you rude to me?!" Danee yelled back.
 
"Ohoi! So rude!" Areum got off her bed and went to Danee.
 
"I have schedule tomorrow and it starts at 6.00 am in the morning! While you, sits here like a lady of the manor, everyone's favourite and act foolish!" Areum told her off.
 
"Unnie," Danee got up from her seat and stood eye to eye against Areum.
 
"I think you are the one being foolish here, you're only jealous that you didn't get as half as much attention I get," Danee said without thinking besides anger.
 
Areum sighed in awe and slapped her.
 
"Wow, why do they like you so much?" Areum mumbled to herself. 
 
Before Danee could respond, Boram entered the room after hearing the two arguing in her room next door.
 
"Di..did you just slap her?" Boram asked.
 
Danee was caught off-guard and quickly defended Areum. 
 
"N..no unnie, I was the one who did wrong! Areum unnie didn't do anything..!" Danee explained to Boram but her eyes were glued to Areum.
 
Areum looked down, scared. 
 
"Even if you did wrong, she doesn't have to slap you.." Boram dissed Areum.
 
"I'm going tell you off tomorrow, Areum. We're going to deal with you tomorrow. Ah chincha wae ireoni Areum ah?" Boram slightly pushed Areum.
 
"Why are you causing so much trouble?" said and left the room. 
 
Areum began crying as soon as Boram left the room. She sat on her bed and felt unfairly treated. Danee who saw Areum began crying, quickly kneeled down in front of her older member.
 
"Unnie, I'm wrong. I'm wrong. I didn't mean it. I'll tell Boram unnie it is all a misunderstanding, unnie uljima!" Danee felt so guilty. 
 
"Why are you still acting?" Areum looked at Danee.
 
Areum snuck into her bed and tried to sleep.
 
 
 
Like always, Areum got scolded by her unnies, excluding Qri and Jiyeon who only stood by the side. 
 
"Just stop it already.." Soyeon said and left the practice room. 
 
"What happened?" Qri asked Jiyeon.
 
"Areum slapped Danee last night.." Jiyeon whispered.
 
"Huh?" Qri sighed.
 
"Remember when that happened to you? You got scolded exactly the same for you getting jealous at Hwayoung because she got more attention.." Qri laughed.
 
"When did I do that?!" Jiyeon said and glared at Qri.
 
"You can pretend like you didn't remember.." Qri said and Jiyeon ignored her.
 
After half an hour, the girls resumed practicing their dance so their upcoming M! Countdown comeback. 
 
As the girls went out of the practice room for lunch, Danee waited outside.
 
"Oh Danee, you didn't go to school?" Eunjung said and slightly caressed her cheek and Areum saw it.
 
"Ah nooooo..." Danee smiled and Eunjung playfully knocked her head. 
 
After everyone made their way first, Danee walked to Areum.
 
"Stop pretending, stop acting," Areum said to her before she could greet her older sister. 
 
"Unnie, I really didn't mean what I said last night, I was.." Danee was cut off short by Areum.
 
"You already showed your true self last night. Look in front, everyone's think you are the angel and I'm the devil.." Areum looked ahead, seeing Eunjung and Qri looking back. 
 
"Unnie," Danee stopped Areum.
 
"I'm really sorry and I really didn't mean, I was only angry.." Danee handed her a small bag with a cupcake in it. 
 
"Did you put poison in it?" Areum said and rejected Danee's token of apology.
 
"Wah... She's really stubborn. She really hates me.." Danee sighed.
 
 
 
"What are you doing?" Jiyeon texted  Hwayoung which got a really quick reply.
 
"Watching the repeat of Gaksital, you? I'm really bored.." Hwayoung replied. 
 
"You must be enjoying life!! I want to watch TV too!! >.<" Jiyeon replied while eating. 
 
"Stopped texting Hwa and eat!" Hyomin pushed Jiyeon's head.
 
"Ah unnie!" Jiyeon held her head.
 
"I know you miss her so ask her to come back fast!!" Hyomin said.
 
Jiyeon smiled and text Hwayoung.
 
"Good, enjoy your life as much as you want now so then you can come back to us with a much healthier and happier Ryu Hwayoung!! ^^" Jiyeon said.
 
Hwayoung paused the repeated drama series and read back Jiyeon's text and replied nothing. 
 
Jiyeon noticed that Hwa had read the text but didn't reply.
 
"You do want to come back, right?" Jiyeon asked.