CHAPTER 7: Your Butler

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

Kyuhyun had carefully and successfully painted your nails with the grossest, most unsightly color of green you hated so much. The color was like a mix of vomit and grass. And the pressure you felt was him getting a closer/better approach while painting your nails.

You glanced at Kyuhyun who looked like he was ever so interested in the topic while he was taking down notes. You tried your best to stay calm as you looked at both your hands where the right one was ruined while the other had stayed normal.

You swore under your breath.

“That sneaky little creep!”

“He wants war? Oh I’ll give him war.”

 “This is going to be fun.”

{YOU WENT HOME}

“Hey Chaejin!” A familiar voice greeted you as you walked through the front door.

It was your family’s butler, Leeteuk. He is older than you. He has been working for your family for as long as you can remember. He’s nice, smart, hard-working, persistent, and did I mention a y tease?

“YAH! Put your shirt on!” you said as you turned your head from his perfectly sculpted body. You found yourself blushing. You usually never blush but since he’s known you from childhood, you felt like he knows everything about you, that you’re exposed whenever you face him. This would explain his informal way of talking to you.

“AISH! It’s too hot! I’ve been fixing the heater in the basement.” He explained

“Besides, aren’t you used to it already?” he said as he tilted his head and smiled.

“Ugh! It’s not that! It’s just that you just uh… You look disgusting!” you uttered out.

“Really?! You think this is disgusting?!” He replied as he opened his arms like he wanted to hug you and walked towards you.

“Y-Y-YAAH!!” was you yelped out as you backed away.

“Fine! I’ll put the stinkin’ shirt back on.” Leeteuk finally said

“I’ll finish up my work downstairs. I baked a cheese cake. Go have some! It’s in the kitchen table~.” He said to you before he headed back to the basement.

If there’s one thing you like about him, it’s his baking/cooking. You quickly put your things down and ran to the kitchen.

“Oooh~ It looks good!” you said as you laid your eyes on the cake. You happily took a fork and tasted the dessert. It was sweet yet tangy, just like you wanted. You sat down to feast of the sweet treat.

“How is it?” Leeteuk asked as he popped up behind you.

You put a thumb up indicating your satisfaction.

“Hey what’s that on your nail? Is that green paint?” he instantly noticed. You suddenly felt annoyed.

“A jerk from school had the nerve to play a trick on me.” You bitterly replied.

“Aah, but how and why did he do it?” he curiously said.

“Uh you see… Teuk. I don’t really like the school where my parents enrolled me. So I’ve been trying to get in trouble. Then this guy butts in on my schemes. Hehe so that’s it.” You explained.

You trusted Leeteuk since you thought of him as your older and erted brother.

“Please don’t tell my parents?” you pleaded as you flashed him your puppy eyes.

“Chaejin-niee, you should’ve just told your parents.” He replied

“BUT since it’s your senior year, why not let you have a bit of fun? I know I’ve been holding back a little wild cat ever since you went to school. Don’t you dare deny that you weren’t responsible for making one student cry everyday when they go home.” He declared.

“AND even if I said no, I know you’d still do otherwise!” he added.

“Oh Teuk~ Thank you!! You know me so well!” you replied with joy.

“Of course, I know about every inch of you..” he whispered in your ear with a deep and seductive voice. Your eyes widen. It sent chills to your very core; because you knew what he said was true. Leeteuk has been your only friend until you met Yoori.

He thought of you as his baby sister.

“YAH! YOU P*RVERT! GAH!” you dropped your fork and you tried to back away from him.

You found him laughing his head off. His laugh was a bit squeaky and unusual. You were blushing again~. You just frowned and crossed your arms.

“Alright, alright.” He panted as he calmed himself. “Now go upstairs and wash off that paint off your nails before I paint the other one!” he instructed. You did as you were told and went upstairs.

You were really trying to scrape off the paint on your nails but no matter how hard you push it off, all that came off were the parts in the middle. The paint stained the sides of your nails. What made it worse was that you kept thinking about the fact that this only existed on the other hand and the not the left one.

“Sh*t! It won’t come off!” you finally grunted in fury.

“Here, try this!” Leeteuk said standing by the door. He handed you a small bottle labeled “THINNER”.

“Seriously? You think this would work?” you asked as you raised an eyebrow in doubt.

“Yes! You dare doubt the knowledge of Leeteuk?! Besides, that thing on your nail is paint, you can’t just wash it off.” He replied. “Or do you want me to do it for you?” he teased.

“Get out.” You calmly said and closed the door in front of him.