CHAPTER 10: The Truce

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

{THAT AFTERNOON}

“Alright you two, sit down and keep quiet. I will have no talking during detention!” the teacher said as he pointed a finger at Kyuhyun and you then sat down and read the newspaper.

The atmosphere was quite weird. “What WAS his reputation all about?! I think there’s something I don’t know!” you thought to yourself as you eyed Kyuhyun from head to toe.

At that instant, he turned his head to you. Your instincts lead you to quickly turn your head and stare at the window instead. But you knew that he still saw you. This annoyed you even more.

Then a call from outside the room bellowed. “Sonsaengnim! There’s a meeting in the lounge! Come on!” the voice called out then the teacher ran off.

“Oh yeah! The meeting is today! Tss how could I forget!” he said. He stood up then said, “You two should be right where you are when I come back or else you get it!” slammed the door then left.

You let out a sigh and stretched out your legs under the desk to make yourself more comfortable.

“Well, since I’m stuck here, it’ll give me some time to think on how to get Kyuhyun off my pranks. Asking him to stop is certainly out of the question. I still have my pride you know! But HOW?! Hmm… If I keep doing pranks ON him, it’ll do nothing to me getting out of this school but if I stop, it would be worse! WAIT~! I got it! What if I make a truce?! I won’t play pranks on him if he doesn’t play pranks on me! It’s perfectly reasonable! And I think he might actually agree if he wants that piece of paper off his palm!

“Yah~” you calmly and carelessly said to get Kyuhyun’s attention while you stared out the window.

He turned his head to look at you.

“Y-you’ve always intervened with my pranks. It’s getting kinda annoying.” You started.

You heard him snicker a bit and said “I’m listening…”

“C-can we have a truce? Just for a short while?” you were now facing him. “You see, I really don’t have any plans of staying in this school for long. I just don’t feel like it. It’s just that my parents really wanted me to be here. So uh, I kinda need you to stop interrupting my work? Plus you know, I wouldn’t done that to your hand if you weren’t so troublsome~.”

“Well, Lee Chaejin, what exactly are you suggesting?” he replied as he tilted his head to you and focused on staring at you.

“I, uh think we should agree on the fact that I won’t play tricks on you if you don’t play tricks on me?” you said.

“So you’re saying that ALL pranks are banned between us and that it only applies until you finally get yourself expelled or something?” he answered with a smile.

“Yes. So do we have a truce?” you asked sweetly.

He paused for a while then he reached out his hand. You didn’t hesitate then shook it. “Deal.” He said.

“Yes! He’s out of the way!!” you thought to yourself.

From then on, there was nothing but silence between the two of you.

An hour or two past by and you were getting real impatient. You kept changing your position on the chair and kept crossing your legs. It would also appear that Kyuhyun was starting to be the same. He kept looking at his wristwatch and sighing. He also kept looking through the glass of the classroom to look at the corridors. There was nothing.


This was supposed to be for this Friday to be updated but since I've been itching to show it to you guys because something good is about to happen plus the fact that we're swamped with schoolwork this week due to the Intramurals/Sports Festival we'll be having~~ I don't think I would have the time to update it again but I'll try to if I find free time!! Anyway, I was just passing by~~ HAPPY READING EVERYONE!!! Thanks a bunch for subscribing too~!!! :D