CHAPTER 18: He's Down

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

“Pff, you’re really funny. Don’t you remember?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. “We have a truce! A treaty! An agreement that we won’t harm one another!” he explained. “Plus, what could I possibly gain IF I did spike this soup?” he added.

“Khh! I still won’t eat it.” You concluded.

“Aww come on, you have to eat it while it’s hot. Or else you might not get better! And you have to school.” Kyuhyun insisted.

“Then read my lips, I WILL NOT EAT THAT, BECAUSE I----,” you were cut off because right when you were forming the ‘I’ sound in your mouth, Kyuhyun shoved the spoonful into your mouth.

The taste was extremely spicy, hot and good all at the same time. The hotness played around your dead tastebuds and woke the life out of them. The sensation was something you really needed but you couldn’t take it. You knew that you had to spit it out and get a drink of water. But as you tossed your blanket aside to get up, Kyuhyun had already sat himself beside your bed and held you. He put his hand over your mouth and refused to take it off even as you were trying your best to pull his hand off of your mouth. The situation looked as if Kyuhyun was trying to poison/kill you.

“Chaejin, you have to swallow it. It’ll really clear up your throat. I promise.” He said then smirked.

You had no choice. It was either swallow or make a mess on your good sheets. You swallowed hard and as Kyuhyun felt you did, he slowly let go of you and looked at you. You had pigtails on because tying your hair in a bun meant not being able to lie down properly. You curly pigtails were in a bunch and the fact that you were still wearing pyjamas made it even worse.

“Hmm, you know, I’ve noticed something. You’re cute when you’re not sick but you look terrible when you are. Hahaha~” he chuckled to himself. This earned him a strong throw of pillow to the head. You got up and headed to your bathroom to drink a whole glass of water.

While you were there, you opened your cabinet near the mirror and took out a quick-acting dissolvable sleeping pill. You filled your glass with water and slipped the pill in. In a matter of seconds, the pill was gone in the water. You looked at the glass with satisfaction and walked out.

“Here, have some more. It’ll make you feel better.” Kyuhyun kindly said.

You replied with a frown and said, “What in the world makes you think that I’d eat that soup?”

“Chaejin, you have to go to school, so, you have to get better and to get better, you have to eat this.” He answered with an excruciatingly charming smile.

“Alright. I’ll eat it.”you started. Kyuhyun’s smile got bigger.

“IF you take a spoonful of it.” You gladly said with the same evil smile he always gave you.

“Oh I would but this soup is just for you.” He said innocently.

“I know. I just want you to experience the healing of the soup too!” you said.

You saw how Kyuhyun reacted uncomfortably. “What’s the matter? You don’t trust your own cooking?”

He smiled, scooped a spoonful, breathed and ate it. You waited for the reaction…

He didn’t wait another second when he grabbed for the glass of water you took.

“I can feel the healing already taking effect!” he painfully and agonizingly said as he gulped the water.

You gave him a nod. “Now, I assume the healing will also involve a slight blurring of vision and sudden heaviness of eyelids.”

“W-what are you talking about? How’d you know what I was feeling?” Kyuhyun asked just before he fell right on your bed.

“Two words, Sleeping Pill.” You menacingly said and grinned at the unconscious guy.


Due to reasons, I give you an update! Haha! Thanks for the support everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!