CHAPTER 24: He Asks for Help

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

Kyuhyun’s face turned bright red in self-frustration.

He walked until he was at the doorstep of his house.

“Geez, I have to make it up to her! Hmm, but how?” Kyuhyun scratched his head and entered.

 

ON THE OTHER HAND~

“Yo! Chaejin my darling!” Leeteuk bellowed.

All you did was groan because you were too tired to respond properly and because you were stripping down to change clothes.

Leeteuk came in barging through the door.

Only, you were turning your back at the door. You were ing your blouse when he came in. You slowly turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Whoah. You know you’re even old enough to do that in front of me?” Leeteuk joked.

“What? What are you talki-” you were instantly cut off when you realized what was happening.

The situation was you were facing Leeteuk when you were undressing your top. The ed blouse slightly revealed your chest and your crisp collar bone.

“GET THE OUT!” you yelled and pushed him out.

This finally woke you up for real, the ‘zombieness’ quickly disappeared while you started buttoning up your blouse.

“Damn it!” you said and opened the door to a weirdly grinning Leeteuk.

“You know, you have nothing to be ashamed or afraid of. You have to remember Chaejin, I-know-you~.” He teased and stared right into your eyes.

He always knew this crept the hell out of you.

“G-get o-off!” you shivered.

“Awh! You’re so cute when you’re nervous!” he finally eased off. “Anyway, I was here to give you this.” He switched moods and handed you your phone.

“Where did you find it?” you asked.

“Oh I wasn’t the one who found it. A friend of yours dropped by to return it. Kyuhyun.” He said so casually but meant emphasis on something.

“Owh.” She muttered almost regretfully while staring at the phone.

“Well! I’ll get onto my business then!” Leeteuk said and left.

With a heavy and sleepy sigh, you stretched and tried to shrug it off as you went to bed.

KYUHYUN’S POV~

“I guess I can just apologize for everything and say I should’ve let her explain herself! I think that’ll work!”

“Yep! That’s what I’ll do tomorrow! Right when I see her!”

“I’ll tell her I was sorry and that I should’ve just calmed down!”

“Oh man, I really hope she forgives me.”

THE NEXT DAY~

Everyone was on their normal ways. Students were rushing off from here and there, some were still chatting with one another, and others were buried in their lockers.

Kyuhyun walked the halls more cool, calm, and collected today; having gotten rid of all his inner conflicts. He marched towards your locker were you stood.

“Hey! Uh, good morning!” Kyuhyun said unusually kindly. You looked at him blankly.

“You see, uh I guess I need to apologize for-for, well everything.” He continued. “I think I got a bit over the top with what I did all those other days. Aaand, I apologize for how I acted and how it all reflected on you.” He looked sincere but of course, YOU weren’t.

“Please believe me that I’m really sorry.” Kyuhyun went on pleading.

“Yeah I believe you.” You smiled. “BUT.” Your face and mood changed completely.

You saw that Kyuhyun’s expression had also changed.

“Kyuhyun,” you started. The guy looked a bit more tense this time.

“Do you these dark circles around my eyes?” you said while pointing at them as your eyes glared into his.

Kyuhyun innocently but cutely nodded obviously scared of the tone of your voice.

“Uh huh, glad you do. Now, do you know how much sleep I’ve missed while doing YOUR work aside from mine?!” you said as you leaned even closer to him and gritted your teeth.

“N-no.” Kyuhyun muttered.

“That’s right. And do you know how many meals I rejected because I was too SLEEPY to even EAT!?” you were just filled with rage and relief now. And you just wanted to get something out of it.

“N-no.” he replied once again.

“So what if you brought my phone back? I forgot it because I was to dead-sleepy! Why? Because of doing YOUR STINKIN’ WORK! And now you expect me to just accept your ‘I guess I should apologize’ ? Oh, no. No, no, no. You-have-to-do-better-than-that.” You said, smiled and left.

“Whoa, Leeteuk was completely right about this hot-headed dragon girl.” Kyuhyun sighed and rubbed his forehead.

“She won’t accept no simple apology! Man, what do I have to do?” Kyuhyun wondered to himself as he walked far behind Chaejin since he was heading for the same room.

“Good morning class.” The teacher entered and put his stuff down. At first, he looked like he was cool and calm but his expression changed when it looked like he couldn’t find something in his bag. “I must’ve forgotten it in the faculty office.” He whispered to himself.

“Uh, Ms. Lee! Could you go to the faculty office and pick up a few papers I forgot on the table?” he commanded Chaejin/you because she was nearest.

“Okay.” She replied then went.

KYUHYUN’S POV~

“This is my chance! Maybe I could get her phone and get her friend’s number so I can ask her what I should do for Chaejin!”

I slowly and carefully slipped my hand in Chaejin’s bag and felt for her phone. When I found it, I quickly navigated myself to contacts and luckily her contacts had photos of the person. I found the girl in the pictures in her room and copied her number just in time as Chaejin came back with a stack of paper.

I threw the phone back in her bag and acted normal.

“Great! Thank you Ms. Lee.” The teacher said.

LUNCTIME

KYUHYUN’S POV~

I looked for an empty table and took out my phone to call Chaejin’s friend, Yoori.

For the first couple of rings, there was no answer but eventually, a feminine voice broke through and said, “Hello? This is Yoori.”


Hi~! Sorry it took so long for me to update. But now, since I'm in an update zone (LOL) well, I updated!! haha Hapy reading everyone! Thanks!!