CHAPTER 14: You're In Trouble

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

“Whoah! It’s gotten so late you guys! We better go before we set off one of the school’s alarms. Chaejin-sshi, can you go home by yourself? I can accompany you if you want. I can get home myself because my house is nearby so don’t worry!” Sungmin carelessly offered.

His sweet gesture made you calm down.

A phone rang. “Neh! Yes. Alright.” Kyuhyun kept agreeing to the person on the phone with a tense and very serious voice.

“I’m sorry you guys. I really have to go! See you tomorrow Min! See you tomorrow Chaejin-ie~!” He waved and ran off to the street and disappeared.

“What a jerk. He just left!” you thought.

“I guess that leaves the two of us?” Sungmin said. You had to smile about how sweet and vulnerable he was being. A little company wouldn’t hurt. Plus he actually seems harmless.

You took a deep breath and nodded. “Come on! Let’s go home.” You offered and took a step toward the gates. Sungmin nodded and happily followed.

“Are you sure you wouldn’t mind if you accompanied me home?” you asked as the two of you were walking.

“Yeah, sure.” He said and smiled at himself.

“Thanks.” You replied. Talking to this guy was really easy. It was like he was just there to listen to your every word.

You were silent for a moment then he asked, “Oh yeah! Before I forget, why were you in detention?”

“I-uh, alright what the hell. I uh, I don’t really like going to your school. I was just forced to go there. So, I’ve been trying to get myself in trouble ever since I set foot in that school.” You said quickly and grinned.

You heard him snicker. “You wouldn’t mind keeping this to yourself would you? Only that jerk Kyuhyun and you know my little strategy.” You asked politely.

“Of course! I think your plan’s pretty unique though.” he smiled and looked at you.

The two of you went on walking as you sniffed, coughed and rubbed your hands together.

“Here, you want my jacket?” Sungmin offered as he was already taking it off.

“N-NO! I’m fine. My house is just around this corner. Keep your jacket.” You said rather coldly.

“Alright.” He shrugged.

“My house is in this block.” You said and pointed at the well-lit street beside the two of you. “So this is where we part?” you said and chuckled. Your nose was now clogged and barely breathable. You were gaining a massive headache and didn’t feel like yourself.

“Wait! You have to give me your number before you go. I have to make sure you got home safely.” He kindly said and took out his phone.

Even in your state of coldness, you knew that it was some scam to get your number. But it didn’t matter to you anymore. You just wanted to get home. You spoke out a few digits and waved goodbye to the sweet Sungmin.

You floated off towards your house where you saw a dark figure just leaning by the front door. It was blurry but you could tell that it was male and that he had his arms crossed on his chest. It was Leeteuk.


Hope you like the update~!!! Happy reading!