CHAPTER 22: You're Confused but Determined

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

“Thanks Sungmin.” You said and smiled.

“She accepted the bracelet. It meant she would go out with him. Didn’t she even think that through? Did she even think about the necklace? Did she even think of me?” these thoughts followed me home. I didn’t talk to anyone, face anyone nor look at anyone. I was set on just getting home and away from it all.

“How could she even do that?! It can’t be because she doesn’t know about the necklace! She obviously knows about it! Oh she does! Why did she accept Sungmin’s gift then huh?!” I angrily talked to myself.

“Could this mean that she chose Sungmin over me?”

“Khh, why would I even care! She can choose whoever she wants, be with whoever she wants and be where she wants! SHE CAN JUST LEAVE FOR ALL I CARE!” I said angrily and threw my bag on the floor as I entered my house.

“That girl would be a waste of time anyway! Might as well Bunny Boy have her! I SERIOUSLY HOPE THEY ENJOY THEMSELVES!” he yelled then threw a fist to the wall.

Kyuhyun ruffled his hair and stormed to the kitchen to grab a bottle of Soju. He took the whole bottle and went back to his room and drank to his broken heart’s content. His drink spree went on throughout the night.

“All those efforts just so she’d stay, all the pranks I endured?! In the end she goes with the guy who barely knew her!” he said then took another gulp from his bottle unaware that a tear fell from his eye.

Kyuhyun stayed as he was until the bottle was empty and he was dead asleep on his bed.

The next day came as brightly as the last one. Kyuhyun prepared himself for school with a massive hangover and a dreadful mood to add. He walked the hallways like a gangster and bumped into anyone who was in his way without even saying a word.

Then he stopped. He saw you by your locker. Your right hand held the door to her locker and revealed the bracelet Sungmin had given you. He walked faster to catch you.

“Oh! Good morning seatmate!” you said cheerfully. “What’s up?”

He took hold of your shoulder and turned you toward him so that he could see your neck. His face got even worse when he saw your bare neck.

“Khh.” he grunted then finally looked into your eyes. “Where’s the necklace?” he snapped with the most terrifying eyes you’ve ever seen on a person. His eyes contained something bad, something awful. It contained sheer hatred.

“Uh, I-uh forgot to wear it.” You lied and pulled on your collar to hide the fact that your neck was bare.

“Hm, lucky you have a bracelet then huh?” he snarled.

Kyuhyun abruptly let go and turned his back to walk away.

His anger was very obvious and his hatred was very much fueled too. Because of the necklace thing?!? But where did the jealousy come from? Sh*t! He must’ve known about Sungmin’s confession! Of course! They are best friends. He must’ve thought that there was something between Sungmin and me! I have to tell him the truth! You thought to yourself.

You followed him to the classroom. While the two of you sat, you kept trying to talk to him but he was really good at ignoring people today, especially you. He shoved his earphones on so that no one could talk or even communicate with him.

“Yah, Kyuhyun-ah! Kyuhyun! Yah! Would you please listen to me?!” you insisted but all you received was an ice-cold stare and an even colder shoulder.

He was dead set on not listening that he kept his earphones on even during classes. This gave him detention. He earned more hours because of disrespecting a teacher due to his mood.

“Kyuhyun! What are you doing? Why are you being like this huh?!” you kept asking him. The last time you asked him, tears were building in you eyes but he didn’t even mind.

You finally caught him on the way out of the school.

“Kyuhyun! KYUHYUN! PLEASE TALK TO ME!” you yelled the best you can.

He stopped walking. He turned to you.

“What is going on with you huh?! Why are you acting like a total a**hole?! What happened!?” you demanded.

He took a step closer to you until he was only inches away from your face. His stare was set to you eyes. Complete and utter anger was flowing from them. Then he spoke.

“Stay-away-from-me.”

I could sense that his teeth were gritted when he said it. He was really pissed. “Look, you have to listen to me!” you pleaded. But Kyuhyun had already stormed off and had left you there.

“I DON’T FOLLOW RULES YOU IDIOT! ESPECIALLY IF THEY’RE YOURS! YOU WON’T GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY!” you yelled with every drop of your voice to make sure he had heard it.


Thank you for the support you guys! I hope you still enjoy reading this story!