CHAPTER 23: He Finally Got It

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

The next few days were full of silent treatments from Kyuhyun and his unattentiveness during classes. You on the other hand worked your off for good grades and getting homework done two times than normal since Kyuhyun refused to do his.

Whenever a teacher asks the class to do homework, you did your best to make two everytime and make it look like another person had done it and the two of you didn’t cheat. You made sure that even the penmanships were different and the answers weren’t exactly alike.

Kyuhyun didn’t like it one bit. So, he made up for it during tests and quizzes. Normally, he knew all the answers to the questions but now, he just answered everything wrongly since he knew the right one.

This didn’t stop you at all. You were actually more stubborn than he was.

You would quickly but carefully answer your paper before Kyuhyun submits his own. Then, you’d take his paper in exchange for yours. Since you were very fast and sneaky, he never really has a chance to take it back. While answering his paper, you did your best on blocking it so that he wouldn’t be able to even touch it. Finally, you would pass both papers right on time and both with resulting good grades.

These acts earned you a couple night’s worth of eye bags and a massive need for rest and relaxation. During classes, it was a challenge to even stay up throughout the whole lecture. Your head always felt heavy and so did your eyelids but you forced yourself to still strive for the best because you were working for two people.

One afternoon, you just turned to the ultimate zombie student. You couldn’t focus on anything anymore, you even forgot to eat breakfast and lunch! You forgot to eat! How was that even possible!?

“Alright, class dismissed.” The teacher declared.

This statement didn’t even register to your brain until you saw the others standing up and going out. Seeing the site, you just did the same and walked out. Without even making sure you had everything with you.

“Yah, you forgot your stupid phone!” Kyuhyun grumpily said. But you were already on the hallway with everyone heading to the exit. In short, you were already too far to call.

“Sheesh now I have to bring this stinkin’ thing over to her house!” he grumbled.

On his way out of the campus, he saw someone awfully familiar. It was a guy clung onto a girl who looked like she was giggling and flirting. To Kyuhyun’s surprise, it was Sungmin.

Rage took over the poor guy so he just walked really fast towards the couple. His vision had focused only on the guy who looked like he was actually having fun with another girl but as he remembered, he had already confessed to Chaejin, the love of his life.

The guy had smokes practically coming out of his nose as he charged for Sungmin and swung a blasting punch to Bunny Boy’s face.

The girl yelped in surprise and fear but could do nothing. Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun surprised and with a busted lip.

“YAH! You jerk! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!?” Sungmin yelled.

“Wow! ME? JERK?! HOW COULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT WHEN YOU’RE THE ONE WHO’S CHEATING ON A GIRL YOU JUST CONFESSED TO!?!?” Kyuhyun shouted in match with Sungmin’s new found anger.

“WHAT? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?” Sungmin said more calmly this time.

“Khh, you know perfectly what I mean!” Kyuhyun shot back.

“Dude, she rejected me.” Sungmin said with a small but obvious smirk.

Kyuhyun glared at his best friend and started to regret hitting him.

“W-what?” he stammered.

“Yeah. Took me by surprise too. She said that she already had someone and she would just prefer us to be friends! That was why she happily accepted the bracelet. Haven’t you talked to her?” Sungmin explained.

“I’ve been having some trouble with that.” Kyuhyun said. “Well, I guess it was just a friendly punch? Heh, I’m really sorry dude.” He apologized.

“Psh, just get out of here.” Sungmin joked as he touched his jaw and checked on the girl he was with.

Kyuhyun walked to Chaejin’s house with an embarrassed and downgraded dignity. He rung the doorbell and met again with Leeteuk.

“Oh, Kyuhyun right? What brings you here?” he innocently asked.

“Uh yeah, I was just bringing this back. She forgot it.” Kyuhyun carelessly replied and gave Leeteuk the phone.

“Oh! Thanks a bunch! This is really important to her! But I guess it’s not important as--” he said examining the phone and rambling.

Kyuhyun thought that he would go on with something boring so he said “Yeah, ok, I’ll get going now” .But before he had completely turned to walk off, Leeteuk finished his sentence,

 

--not as important as that NECKLACE”.

Kyuhyun stopped right in his steps and looked back at Leeteuk with a brand new emotion.

“I-I’m sorry, what was that about a necklace?” Kyuhyun inquired.

“Huh, oh yeah! She almost tore my head off when I told her I lost it while doing the laundry! Man! That girl can breathe fire when she’s mad! Lemme tell you! But when I found it, she took it but won’t wear it. I think it’s the one you gave her.” He explained.

“I- yeah. Thanks.” Kyuhyun said then went off.

Still puzzled, a flood of thoughts and realizations went rushing.

So, the necklace got lost, that’s why she wasn’t wearing it that day. And she was wearing the bracelet because she only wanted to be friends with Sungmin!

“She must’ve been meaning to explain everything to me, but I ignored her.” He thought.

“Man. I was a complete A**HOLE!” Kyuhyun exclaimed to himself.


Again, thank you for all your never ending support! Thanks for subscribing and reading! Thank you for everything! Happy Reading!!! :D