CHAPTER 26: You Were Caught

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

You/Chaejin went on with your daily tasks only now, you no longer had to worry about doing another guy’s homework.

You were sitting and eating on an empty table when someone familiar approached you.

“Hi there pretty girl!” Sungmin greeted then sat himself down in front of you.

“Oh, hi!” you greeted back. But you noticed something odd about him. There was a mark on his lip. It kind of looked like it was busted.

“Awh, what happened to you lip dude?” you asked curiously.

“Oh that! It’s nothing. Kyuhyun and I were just fooling around yesterday.” He happily replied.

“Ah, Kyuhyun (THAT JERK!). He, did this to you?” you asked even more inquisitively.

“Yeah but it’s nothing.” He smiled again as if it was really nothing. “Have you talked to him yet?” he casually asked and gulped down a can of soda.

“Hmm, well I rejected his apology!” you smiled right back.

“Hahahaha.” Sungmin chuckled. “Well, I know the poor guy. And from the years I’ve spent with him, he-will-not-give-up.” He said so clearly. “Oh! I’m late, I have to go Chaejin-ah! Bye!” he said then left.

You then went on eating.

It was all odd. You haven’t encountered Kyuhyun all day. Not a sign of him and his apology. You even started to wonder if he really meant to apologize.

“That guy’s out of his mind. He would even do that to his best friend?! How could he?” You whispered to yourself as you walked toward the exit door. You kept you gaze on the ground as you thought more and more about that jerk, Kyuhyun.

Then out of the blue, someone from behind swung his arm around you and put a handkerchief that covered your nose and mouth. He held you so tight and you couldn’t even scream nor move. The man smelled awfully familiar but you couldn’t put it together since it all happened so quickly. But you knew that you’ve smelled that scent before.

You felt like the light was getting right out of you right there. Everything started to get really blurry. The smell was extremely intoxicating. The hanky must’ve had chloroform.

Little by little, you gave in to the man’s arms. You saw your last bit of light, then nothing.

Once the man knew you were passed out, he carried you into a car then drove you off.

 

When you came to, you were tied tightly on a chair in the middle of a big empty room. It looked like an empty warehouse of some sort.

A lot of stuff were scattered everywhere; bits of broken glass on one corner and a pile of wood on the other.

A weak fluorescent light shone right on top of you. And when you got a glimpse of a clear window, it had already gone dark. The only light keeping you from really freaking out was the fluorescent above you.

Fortunately, you and your uniform were still intact, so this probably didn’t mean that anything ual would be done.

You struggled and twisted to try and get to the ropes, but it seemed so tight and complicated.

But you realized you just couldn’t take them off. You sighed and tried to see if anyone was there, maybe a guard or something.

“HELLO?! I-Is anybody out there?!” you yelled to the door.

No answer.

“HELLO???” you yelled again in frustration. “WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU JUST LEAVE ME HERE?! YOU KIDNAPPED ME! SHOULDN’T YOU BE HERE GUARDING ME OR SOMETHING?!?” you were actually just trying to humor yourself so you could at least get the kidnapper’s attention.

Still no answer.

“UGH! WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! SOMEONE’S PROBABLY LOOKING FOR ME NOW! MAYBE EVEN THE POLICE YOU MORON!” you yelled with every ounce of strength you had left. Somehow the chloroform drained you of your energy as well.

Devastated and scared, you stared at the ground and thought of a plan.

Then, a dark figure slowly emerged from the door. You slowly lifted your head to see the culprit.

You looked at the man’s face as it came out of the shadows.

Once his face had come clear to you, raging, fiery, and utter hatred and anger flooded your mind.

“CHO KYUHYUN! YOU ING BASTARD!” you roared. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! YOU IDIOT! WHAT’D YOU DO THIS FOR HUH?!” you continued yelling.

“Look, you have to calm down.” Kyuhyun said as if it would answer all your questions.

“C-Calm down?! How the hell do you think I can do that when you number one, chloroformed me, two, took me against my will, and three, tied me to a chair in this warehouse in the middle of nowhere!” you said now with a softer voice but with gritted teeth.

The now deranged Kyuhyun just looked amused and gave you a smirk.

This annoyed you even more.

“Khh! What the heck are you smiling about?! You stupid egghead! Untie me now!” you tried to command him.

“Oh no. No, I’m not going to do that unless you’ve really calmed down. I can’t talk to you when you’re all frantic like that.” He smiled even brighter.

“W-WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NOW?!?” you yelled now with a new-found frustration with the guy.

“Look, if you don’t calm down, I’m going to turn off the light, then I’ll come to you.” He warned as he fiddles with the switch next to him.

You didn’t notice that switch before so it really surprised you when you saw that the lunatic had his fingers on it.

“Psh, go on! Turn it off! I bet that that’s even the right switch for the light.” You said as bravely as you could even if you were absolutely mortified to be engulfed in the dark.

Kyuhyun smiled at you again and said, “You really wanna take that bet?”


The story's almost over so I hope you guys give it your best to support and comment about how you feel~!! Have fun reading~!!! :D