CHAPTER 27: You Had Nowhere To Go

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

You looked at him and didn’t speak.

“Suit yourself~. I’m not afraid of the dark, like someone I know.” He said, then made it obvious that he was about to turn off the switch. 

He raised his elbow to emphasize that he was really going to do it. “Aaaaahhh~I’m turning it ooooffff~.” he even teased as he was really about to flick the switch.

“DAMN IT! NO! UGH DON’T…” you yelled at him right before he could flick the switch.

“D-don’t turn off the light, please.” You couldn’t even bear looking at him because you knew you were about to cry again. And you couldn’t let him see it again.

You took a deep breath and pushed back the tears. “Alright, I’m calm. Let’s talk.” You finally agreed.

“Great! That wasn’t even the right switch! Heh, the right one’s outside that door. I don’t even know what this one does.” He laughed off then grabbed a chair and dragged it in front of you.

“You awful stinkin’ jerk!” you mumbled to yourself.

You slowly lifted your head to reveal a really pissed off Chaejin. So you took a deep breath again then faked a smile.

“Now, start talking.” You warned as if you could do anything.

“Well, can I please just start off with whose idea this all was?” Kyuhyun started. “Honestly, as much as I want to take the credit for this awesome idea, it was your friend’s, Yoori.”

“W-what? This was her idea? But how did you know her? How did you even contact her?” you curiously asked.

“Well, remember that time when I came to your house when you got sick? Well, there weren’t a lot of other pictures posted on your wall aside from the ones where you were with the same girl in the photos. So, I assumed that she was your best friend.” He answered.

“Huh, well how did you get a hold of her?” you kept asking because even your elaborate and great mind couldn’t figure out how Kyuhyun had taken you like that.

“I took her number from your phone. You know, this morning when the professor asked you to get a couple of things from the office?” he answered innocently.

“Ugh, you went through my phone?” you said in anger but more pressing matters were more important than that so you asked him another question. “Yoori was really the one who suggested that you kidnap me?”

“Uh, yeah. If you wanna ask her later, you sure can BUT as for the ‘taking you out of your will part’? Sungmin was in on that.” Kyuhyun said casually but pointing out that he wasn’t alone in this feat.

“What?! You had Sungmin in on this scheme as well?!” you were genuinely surprised but something came back. The smell, that scent the man had when he was holding you and had chloroformed you. It was Sungmin’s cologne. “H-How did you get him in on it?!” you asked again.

FLASHBACK

“Aw, come one dude! You have to help me~.” Kyuhyun pleaded Sungmin.

“What you are planning to do, is not right in the brain you freak!” Sungmin replied.

“Awwwwww~~~ Come on, I’m your best friend aren’t I? Plus, this wasn’t all my idea! Her friend’s the real mastermind.” He explained.

“Khh, but kidnapping? Won’t we be charged or something for that?!” Sungmin tried to ration with his friend.

“Hmm, you’re right. I’ll call her butler and tell him Chaejin would be late and her phone died!” Kyuhyun thought quickly.

“Man, that’s weak liability!” Sungmin complained.

“Awh, come on. That’ll get the work done fast enough. All you have to do is take her against her will and take her to my car! Easy!” Kyuhyun explained as if it were something a normal and sane person would do everyday.

Sungmin eyed him then since it all looked like Kyuhyun had a mind set on this crazy plan, he agreed. “Okay, okay, alright! I’ll help you. But you owe me! You freaking owe me big time!”

“YES! Oh YESS!!! ALRIIGGHHT!” Kyuhyun celebrated. “And who else would have the know-how about these type of things? Of course you!” he continued.

“Psh, alright, alright. Calm yourself. But that’s all I will do! That, and nothing more! After my task, I am completely out of this!” he warned.

“I promise.” Kyuhyun said.

END OF FLAHBACK

“So, that’s how I got him to go with it!” Kyuhyun said happily.

“That little twirp was so good. He even chatted with me at lunch.” You said to yourself.

“Hmm, speaking of Sungmin, I think it’s your turn to start talking. I called Leeteuk and we have all the time in the world to talk because he won’t probably send a search party for the next 12 hours.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“What are you on about now?” you asked confused.

“I think you know what I’m talking about.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“No really, I do-not-know what you are talking about.” You kept denying but you knew what it was really about. Then an idea came to you, “Untie me first! Then, I’ll tell you.” You said with a hidden plan behind it.

“Oh no. I won’t do that unless you really start talking. I won’t fall for that ‘untie me’ thing. You might dash for the door.” Kyuhyun beamed at you.

“Why did you reject him? Why-did-you-reject-Sungmin?” he asked as he stared deep in your eyes.

“Oh, pff. Well, uh… You know because… uhhh…” you stuttered as cold sweat dripped down the side of your face.

“Well…” Kyuhyun asked once again.


How is the story? Please keep your comments coming to let me know~. Keep the support and happy reading everyone!! :D