CHAPTER 13: He's Unbelievable

You're Good, But I'm Better

 

Your knees felt like jelly. It was like they would give in at any time. But what kept you up was the smug smirk Kyuhyun had on his face as he looked at you to make sure that you were ready to go.

Then in that instant, the two of you were walking down the dark corridor with nothing but the light from your celphones. As you were walking and pointing the light in different places, you suddenly realized you were still holding onto Kyuhyun’s hand. You wiggled your hand away from his and hoped that he wouldn’t notice.

“Yah~ Look there’s the front door! Just a couple more classrooms to go!” he pointed out as he flashed his cellphone towards the door at the very end of the corridor.

It looks so far! I don’t want to! To hell with this! I’m never going back to school! Why am I still with him?!.You kept whining inside your head as you nervously pointed your phone on every spot you think looks suspicious.

“You know, I find it amusing that a girl capable of such unbelievable pranks is scared of a bit of darkness.” Kyuhyun finally said to break the silence.

“E-everyone’s afraid of something! It’s inevitable! I bet YOU have a phobia of your own Mr. Smart . And DUDE! This is NOT a ‘LITTLE’ darkness! It’s freakin’ pitch black!” You snarled. Fear was all over you now. The words that came out of you were because of it.

There was silence after that. The two of carefully crept to through the hallway without another word. Although it was so dark, you felt that Kyuhyun was (as usual) smirking. He must’ve found you amusing because you’re so nervous and scared.

The two of you were passing by a classroom door when you saw a flashing light coming right at you at a very fast pace. The light was way to bright for you to handle and it caused you to scream in absolute terror.

“It’s me! Don’t worry!” you opened your eyes as they adjusted to see who the voice was only to feel the tears tickling in your eye and realize that you had clung to Kyuhyun’s arm for your dear life. The bright light turned out to be Sungmin and his flash light. “I forgot my notebook in this classroom and I had to come back for it.” He explained like it would help you calm down.

Now that you’ve noticed what you were doing, you instantly let go of Kyuhyun’s arm and looked away. “You’re messed up. How’d you get in?” Kyuhyun asked Sungmin who smirked because of what you did just now.

“Picking locks is not rocket science my friends. It’s quite easy.” He proudly replied.

“Didn’t you hear us banging on the door?” Kyuhyun asked again.

“Yeah I guess I did here something s while ago but I assumed that it was just my imagination or the wind.” Sungmin shrugged. “Y-You okay Chaejin?” he asked because he noticed that you were very quiet.

“Huh? Oh yeah sure.” You replied (lied). You were now creeped out of your wits and your whole body was shaking because of the cool wind and of course, fear.

“Come on! Let’s get out of here!” Kyuhyun announced, took hold of your hand and ran through the corridor. Startled, you had to run with him. Sungmin wasn’t far behind because you heard him running too.

The three of you bursted out the front door, panting and out of breath. Now you felt a bit more at ease because the lamps were lighting up every dark thing in your sight. I was pretty dark now. Once you finally caught your breath, “YAH! Why’d we have to run?” you asked in rage. All Kyuhyun did was smile at you.


 

Sorry for the long wait.. Hope you guys like the update! I promise to work harder to make it better!! Please comment~ :D