Rain

Rain

 

07.

“Open your mouth, Donghae. Aaahhh…” Hyukjae spoon fed Donghae, his imaginary lover.

Sungmin just watched everything. “You are sick, Hyukjae. Really sick.” He mumbled.

“Was it tasty? I made it by myself.” Hyukjae giggled.

Couldn’t bear to look at his friend anymore, Sungmin grabbed Hyukjae, dragging him to his own room.

“Let me go! Donghae! Help me!”

Sungmin let Hyukjae stood in front of his full mirror. “Now, tell me. Is there any Donghae between us, Hyukjae?” Sungmin said angrily. Hyukjae just looked emptily at his and Sungmin’s reflection.

“You made me tired, Hyukjae.” Sungmin said as he slumped down at the bed. “I need my friend back.” Sungmin cried softly. “I need the old Hyukjae… the one that will listen to my problem, the one that will smile to me when he can’t solve my problem. I need him, Hyukjae.” He said pitifully.

At the same time, Kyuhyun and Siwon just arrived at Hyukjae’s apartment. They happen to listen Hyukjae’s scream, and when they rushing to him, they watched how Sungmin was being stressed out.

“Minnie…” Hyukjae called.

“Don’t call my name in that way. You are not Hyukjae. Not my Hyukjae. What have you done to him?” Sungmin said grabbing Hyukjae’s neck.

Kyuhyun wanted to burst inside and stopped Sungmin, but Siwon stopped him.

“Let’s watch first. Sungmin won’t hurt Hyukjae.” Siwon said whispering.

“Sungmin… Sungminnie… Minniee…” Hyukjae called sobbing.

“Did you know how hurt it was?” he said slowly loosing the grip. “Did you know how hurt I am to watch you talking to yourself, as if Donghae was around?” he sniffed. “He is not around, Hyukjae. He has dead. Why can’t you accept that fact?”

“No! don’t say that, Minnie.” Hyukjae exclaimed. “He was here. He will hurt listening to your words, Minnie.”

“For God sake open your eyes, Hyukkie.” This time Sungmin cupped Hyukjae’s face. “Donghae was gone. He has died. A truck hit him and he couldn’t survive.”

“The doctor has saved him, Minnie. He saved from the operation.”

Sungmin closed his eyes. “Then, do you want to see me die Hyukjae?”

Hyukjae gasped.

“Because I really feel that I would do that. I couldn’t bear this anymore.”

“Minnie!” Siwon shouted angrily and marched inside. He quickly gripped on Sungmin’s shoulder. “Minnie… listen. Listen to me.”

“It’s hurt, Wonnie. It’s hurt for me to see Hyukkie like this. I am no use, Wonnie. I couldn’t protect my own friend.”

“Minnie. Get hold of yourself.” Siwon hugged Sungmin. “We have to be strong for Hyukjae.”   

Kyuhyun quickly pulled Hyukjae out from the room.

~~~

“Hyukjae…” Kyuhyun called gently. “Are you okay?”

“He hates me. Sungmin hates me. My own best friend hates me.”

“Hush now, Hyukjae. Sungmin didn’t hate you. He is just tired.”

“Tired from what?” Hyukjae questioned.

“He is tired with you being not you. He wants you, the way he knows you. Not you in this state.”

“I don’t understand you.”

Kyuhyun sighed. He opened his bag and took a photo from the bag. “Did you know who this is?” He showed a photo of Siwon.

“Siwon…” Hyukjae said completely confused.

Kyuhyun turned to another photo. “And who is this?”

“Sungmin.”

Again, he turned to other photo. He smiled looking at the photo. It was a photo of Hyukjae, where he was smiling brightly. “This time… this person is…”

Hyukjae looked intensely. “It was me.”

Kyuhyun shook his head gently. “It wasn’t you…”

“What are you saying? It is obviously…”

“Are you now smiling like him?” Kyuhyun let Hyukjae held the photo. “Did the new you still have the same smile like the old you?” he questioned. “Because I never saw you did.”

Hyukjae lowered his head.

Kyuhyun lifted Hyukjae’s chin. He saw tears on the small man’s face. “Don’t cry, Hyukjae.” He wiped Hyukjae’s tears using his thumb. “You just been trapped for too long.” Kyuhyun smiled. “And you somehow has forgot how to smile.”

“Kyuhyun shi…” Hyukjae called sobbing. “I am sorry…” he said wearily.

“Your sorry will only be accepted if you show us this smile again, Hyukkie.”

“I…I…” Hyukjae said while looking at everything except the tall me in front of him.

“I didn’t ask you to forget about Donghae, Hyukjae. No, you shouldn’t. Not in your life you should forget about him. We just need you to move on.”

“But Donghae won’t like it.” Hyukjae said in protest. “He told me that he wanted me to always knew that he was with me.”

“Then the one that told you that must not be Donghae.” Kyuhyun answered simply. “From what I heard from Siwon, this Donghae was someone lovely. He won’t even hurt anyone. If he the one who told you to did this, he must know that he was hurting the people around you.”

“Donghae didn’t hurt anyone. He…”

“He did. And he hurt you the most.” Kyuhyun said. Hyukjae was about to burst in anger once again, when suddenly Kyuhyun held his hand. “You have to go and meet the therapist, Sungmin had to bare you talking to yourself, Siwon keep worrying you whenever you are, your mom was crying every night remember your condition, your father keep looking for the best therapist and your sister had to bear that she had lost his brother. Are you saying that all of this was not true?”

Hyukjae knew that Kyuhyun was correct. He was indeed knew how much he had made everyone around him hurt.

“But Donghae…”

“Please Hyukjae… I didn’t ask you to forgetting Donghae. Just move out from the fantasy and face the reality. Donghae has dead.” Kyuhyun said the last thing and took out a piece of paper from his bag and handed it to Hyukjae.

It was a death certificate. And there’s Donghae’s name on the paper.

“He was hit by the truck. Although they send him to the hospital, for the operation, the doctor couldn’t save his life. He was too weak at the time. He couldn’t fight anymore, and he died at the surgery table, Hyukkie. The doctors have done their best.”

Hyukjae crumpled the paper in his hand. “He has dead… he has dead… Donghae was no longer here.” He sobbed.

“Yes, he has dead, Hyukkie.” Kyuhyun hugged the small man. “But he is still around.”

Hyukjae released the hugged and looked at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun just smiled. “He might be dead in this world, but he will forever stay alive in your heart, in Siwon’s heart, in Sungmin’s heart and everyone that loved him.” Kyuhyun said and pointed to Hyukjae’s chest.

Hyukjae rested his hand on his heart. He closed his eyes to feel it. “Donghae was here.” He nodded. “He was here. He will always lived here.”

Kyuhyun nodded. Somehow, he felt sad. He knew that telling this to Hyukjae will erase the chances for him to have Hyukjae. But then, he was too loved Hyukjae, and he couldn’t bear to looked the person he loved still trapped in fantasy.

“I guess… I have to go back home.” He said softly. “Siwon will calm down Sungmin, and he will accompany you later. There’s no use for me to still be here.” He just about to stood up when Hyukjae grabbed him by wrist.

“Kyuhyun… where are you going?” Hyukjae asked softly.

“I am going home. I think everything will be fine after this. Don’t worry, Siwon will accompany you later.” Kyuhyun smiled sweetly.

“I…” Hyukjae once again looked at everywhere except Kyuhyun. He inhaled deeply and let it out. “I never went to your house. Can I have a tour there?” he asked blushing. “Beside, Siwon need to take care of Sungmin, so… erm…”

Kyuhyun smirked. “So?...” he has the naughty smiled on his face.

“Well, I don’t want to be alone.” Hyukjae blushed while saying that. “And I don’t know any other except you, Siwon and Sungmin. So yeah…”

“With one condition.” Kyuhyun stated.

Hyukjae avoided looking at Kyuhyun.

“I still haven’t eaten yet. And my plan was just to go straight to the bed. But since you want to come, why don’t you cook for me?” he suggested. “What did you say?”

“Well… I wasn’t a cook cooker like Sungmin, but I definitely can cook something edible.” He said blushing.

Kyuhyun let out his hand for Hyukjae to take. “My car was outside.”

“I could walk by myself, you know.” Hyukjae said blushing, leading the way outside.

“Score for Kyuhyun.” He smiled for himself. Kyuhyun walked to where Hyukjae. "It a bright sunny day today."

"It is." Hyukjae answered. "But still I prefer raining days."

"Why?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Because it is more romantic that way." he smiled softly.

Kyuhyun couldn't say anything anymore. He had smiled plastered on his face as he drove towards his home.

 

~~~ a short update for all. 

Is it short? I guess so, comparing to others update I ever made. =)

Enjoy and don't forget to comments~~~

and Hello, new subscribers... don't forget to leave you comment, ok?