Chapter 13

Rain

 

13.

“For you.” Kyuhyun said handed the so big wrapped present to Hyukjae.

“What is this?” Hyukjae asked curious.

“Something to accompany you when you are alone.” Kyuhyun said. “Open it.”

Hyukjae carefully unwrapped the present. “Bear?” Hyukjae titled his head, don’t understand why Kyuhyun had given him that.

“I bought him so that he can accompany you when I going out for business trip this week.” Kyuhyun smiled, sincerely, because even he himself was reluctant to left Hyukjae alone.

Hyukjae’s face solemned. He knew that he has to part away from Kyuhyun because he was handling a big project this time.

“Hyukjae… I wish I could bring you together.” Kyuhyun said pulled Hyukjae in his embrace and smelled his hair. “I really want to.”

Hyukjae smiled. “I guess this Mr. Teddy will be a good company.” He said, hugging the bear so tightly. “Don’t worry, Kyu. I’ll wait for you here.”

“Am I guilty, Hyuk?” Kyuhyun suddenly said caressing Hyukjae’s face so lovely. “I’ve hurt you a lot.”

“What are you saying, Kyu? You’re leaving for business, not to flirting around.” Hyukjae’s eyes widened at the thought. “Unless…”

“Silly.” Kyuhyun chuckled. “I won’t cheat on you. Never in my life. I had loved you for such a long time to do that, Hyuk.”

“Such a long time?” Hyukjae confused.

Kyuhyun gulped in nervousness. He knew that he had slipped something that he shouldn’t. He quickly kissed Hyukjae on the lips, tried to distract the man.

Hyukjae broke up the kiss, moving towards the cd player and some music. Hyukjae then took Kyuhyun’s hand and place it neatly on his small waist.

Kyuhyun placed his hand on Hyukjae’s waist, swaying their body followed the rhythm from the slow music.

“Why are we suddenly dancing?” Kyuhyun asked, but he never stopped his movement.

“Because I want you to always remember me.” Hyukjae said. “Dancing is my life. So, maybe… just maybe… if you’re listening to this song, you would remember this moment.” Hyukjae smiled after saying that. “I know it sounded cheesy and silly, but that just how I am.” Hyukjae said blushing because Kyuhyun didn’t even gave any response for him.

“What am I going to do without you, Hyuk?” Kyuhyun asked taking Hyukjae to his embrace. “I wish I can forget everything, Hyukjae.” He said closing his eyes.

“Hmmm??” Hyukjae just hummed, he didn’t even have intention to interrupt on Kyuhyun.

“Should I just forget all the things that has happened and life happily with you, Hyuk?” Kyuhyun asked. “Can I do that? Can I forgive everything?” Kyuhyun asked, but Hyukjae didn’t even understand anything that Kyuhyun had said.

“Did you did something wrong, Kyu?” he asked, trying to ease Kyuhyun’s tense. Kyuhyun shook his head.

“I have a friend. A close one.” Kyuhyun paused to saw Hyukjae’s reaction.

Hyukjae nodded, asked Kyuhyun to keep going. “He has a past. A really dark past.” Kyuhyun swallowed. “It’s all because of his step brother.”

“Did his step brother abuse him?” Hyukjae guessed.

“He didn’t.” Kyuhyun said. “But everything that has happened to my friend, every single pain he had went through, it’s all because of his step brother.” Kyuhyun said closing his eyes.

“So, he wanted revenge.” Kyuhyun said, staring deeply into the smaller orbs. “But he couldn’t. Because his step brother was dead.”

Hyukjae still listening, focusing on the story more.

“Because his step brother was dead, he’s planning to take revenge on his step brother most treasured one.”Kyuhyun smiled when he saw Hyukjae frowned. “Let just drop it here, okay?”

Hyukjae nodded. He had learnt that if Kyuhyun wanted to stopped a thing, even though it was not finished, he have to obey. Kyuhyun never liked it when people didn’t listen to him.

But Hyukjae couldn’t. He could felt that something was wrong with Kyuhyun’s friend.

“But Kyu…” Hyukjae hesitated, reading all Kyuhyun’s movement. “Wasn’t it unfair? Your friend…” he paused and seeing no responses from Kyuhyun, he kept on going. “To hurt people… his step brother person wasn’t at guilty at all.”

“Didn’t I told you, Hyuk? It because he could no longer do it to his step brother.” Kyuhyun said getting annoyed.

“But it wasn’t his fault. Your friend should learn to forgive everyone. Because…” Hyukjae said.

“IF AN APOLOGIZED IS ALL IT TAKES, NO ONE WOULD GO TO HELL AFTER DEATH THEN!” Kyuhyun screamed, pushing the now surprised Hyukjae away.

“Kyu… I…” Hyukjae was afraid. He was afraid of this Kyuhyun. This Kyuhyun wasn’t his Kyuhyun. It was someone else. Someone that Hyukjae didn’t know.

“DO YOU THINK THAT HE WANTED TO LIVE THAT WAY? DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT HYUKJAE?” Kyuhyun said, grabbing Hyukjae’s wrist so tightly.

“Kyuhyun… hurt…” Hyukjae was crying in hurt.

“IT WAS HIM! IT WAS HIS STEP BROTHER’S FAULT! EVERYTHING WAS HIS FAULT! EVERYTHING WAS DON—“ Kyuhyun stopped when he realized that he was about to spell out Donghae’s name.

Kyuhyun saw the tears at Hyukjae’s eyes, and how Hyukjae was pulling his wrist around, trying to lessen the pain from his own tight grip.

Kyuhyun quickly let go of Hyukjae’s wrist. “Hyukjae… I… I… am sorry. I… didn’t have intention…” Kyuhyun turned to panic when Hyukjae was sobbing in pain. “God… Hyukjae... I really… I really didn’t have intention to do it, Hyuk. It just… I got carried away.”

“It hurt, Kyuhyun…” Kyuhyun pulled the small one into his hug. “My heart hurt, Kyu… my heart hurt when you said that Kyu.” Hyukjae sobbed in Kyuhyun’s hug. “I don’t want you to turned out to be like that, Kyu.”

“It wasn’t me, Hyuk.” Kyuhyun said. It was the other me. “It wasn’t me so don’t worry.”

“But Kyu… you said it as it was you. I… I could feel that way.” Hyukjae said hesitated.

 “Am I a monster, Hyuk?” Kyuhyun said, held Hyukjae’s chin so that he was facing him. “I won’t do something like that, Hyuk.” Kyuhyun said sincerely. “No way.”

“Really?” Hyukjae doubted.

Kyuhyun nodded. “I said that because I have seen what he has went through, Hyukkie. And just like I said, I got carried away. That’s all.”

He nodded, even when he wasn’t convinced enough.

~~~

“I am going.” Kyuhyun said. Hyukjae just nodded. He was reluctant, but he has too. Kyuhyun cupped Hyukjae’s face, kissing him at the forehead, then to his nose, moving to both Hyukjae’s cheek and finally landed on Hyukjae’s lips, taking long time there.

Hyukjae just smiled and responded almost immediately at Kyuhyun nothing but sweet kiss. Kyuhyun finally pulled away when his phone’s alarm beeped. He used that to remind him to his flight schedule, which is exactly an hour left.

He didn’t want Hyukjae to send him to the airport, afraid that he will feel really reluctant to let go of Eunhyuk.

Because he loved Hyukjae so much. So freaking much that he could dies because of it.

“Take care of yourself there.” Hyukjae said, smiling although he was really sad inside.

“I will call you when I arrive later.” Kyuhyun said, pecking Hyukjae’s lips for the last time. “I love you. I love you so much.” Kyuhyun said, and didn’t wait for the response as usual, because he knew Hyukjae would just smiled to it.

But it wasn’t like that today. For the first time in Kyuhyun’s life, he had listened to something that really pleased him, something that he had wished for such a long time.

“I love you too.” Hyukjae replied, almost inaudible to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened at the replied. “Hyukkie… am I listen right?” he asked, did not believe what he just heard. “Did you said that you loved me too?”

Hyukjae just looked away shyly and nodded. Kyuhyun was practically jumping in happiness. “Kyuhyun… you should go now.” Hyukjae said, blushing madly because of Kyuhyun’s reaction.

“Urgh… why it has to be this day?” he mumbled. “Anyways, I already got my best farewell I guess.” He smirked.

Hyukjae just played with his fingers because he couldn’t look at Kyuhyun at all. Kyuhyun pecked Hyukjae’s lips for the last time, this time, the last time because he knew he really needed to go to the airport.

~~~

Today is the day Kyuhyun will get back to Hyukjae’s side. Hyukjae wanted to pick Kyuhyun at the airport, but the latter didn’t allow him too. He wanted Hyukjae to just wait for him at the house.

Hyukjae had been doing so well these past days when he always kept Kyuhyun’s apartment clean.

Kyuhyun’s bell door rang, because someone pressed it on. Hyukjae rushed to the door, eager to see his new lover. Hyukjae’s happy face down when he saw the one in front of Kyuhyun’s door wasn’t the person he waited, instead it was a stranger.

“Mr. Lee Hyukjae?” the stranger asked. Hyukjae just nodded in reply. “I’m Jongwoon.” The other guy smiled. “Are you waiting for someone?” he guessed. Hyukjae didn’t knew why, but he had shiver all around his body. “Cho Kyuhyun perhaps?” the other guy smiled, so darkly that makes Hyukjae fainted right at the moment.

~~~

Hyukjae opened his eyes slowly because the light pained him. He could heard a water flowed sound on the sink.

“Uhhmm…” he moaned, caressing his back head because he felt hurt at that side.

“Ah, you are awake?” Hyukjae could hear a man voice, but he didn’t recognize who. Hyukjae tried his hard to wake up. “Oh, don’t try to move that much, I think you have hurt your head.”

“Who… who are you?” Hyukjae asked alarmed of the stranger.

“An angel.” He said casually, while munching the ice cream Hyukjae had brought to celebrate Kyuhyun’s comeback. “This is nice.” He said lifting the ice cream. Hyukjae pouted because the guy had eaten all.

“Get out or here before I call police… or Siwon.” Hyukjae said, tried to threat the stranger. The guy named Jongwoon just chuckled at Hyukjae cute attempt to scare him. “That why Donghae was head over heel on you, you are indeed a cutie.” He said.

Hyukjae’s eyes widened when he heard Donghae’s name. “How did you know Donghae?” he asked.

“Let just say that I’m his friend. A close one.” The guy replied, walking to the fridge, looking for other thing to eat.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Hyukjae asked because he has his eyes all over the stranger.

“I need something to eat, every single second. Because it took a lot amount of energy to appeared before you.” He explained and Hyukjae didn’t even understand even single word of him.

“What are you talking about?” Hyukjae eyes widened when the stranger lift the food cover, only to find more delicious food below it. Without hesitated, the guy ate all the food Hyukjae had been cooked for Kyuhyun. “Yah!” he exclaimed angrily.

“You know… I need to alarmed you about your lovers.” He said while chewing the fried chicken. “Oh, this is delicious.” He commented distracted for a moment. “Why don’t you work your lazy and started to dig your lovers’ past?” he said suggesting.

“What did you mean?” Hyukjae titled his head in confusion.

“You were and are dating psychos.” He said, didn’t have intention to elaborate more. “I guess he is coming at any second. I shall take my leave first. Until we both see each other again.” he said and salute to Hyukjae. “Remember… your L-O-V-E-R-S!” he said once again, clearly spell out the “lovers” for Hyukjae. “Thanks for the foods.” He smiled and suddenly disappeared in the thin air.

“What… what was that?” Hyukjae asked not blinking his eyes.

“Hyukjae?” Hyukjae turned around to saw Kyuhyun at the door frame. “Why are stunning there? Why the door is open?” he rushed when he saw Hyukjae’s terrified face. “Did a robber come inside? Are you okay?” he asked touching Hyukjae all over his body, making sure that his lover was fine. “Hey, Hyuk… answer me.”

Hyukjae snapped back to the reality when Kyuhyun hit his face lightly, so light that he didn’t feel anything at all. “Kyuhyun?” he asked, putting his hand all over the taller man face. “Kyuhyun, you are back?”

Kyuhyun took Hyukjae’s hand to his lips, kissing it. “Yes, I am back.” He said softly. “What happen Hyukjae? Why was the door left open?” he asked.

“Someone come. Then I fainted. When I woke up, he was right in front of me, eating the ice cream I bought for you. And oh… he even eat all the food I have cooked for you.” Hyukjae said frowned.

Kyuhyun’s eyebrow attached together, didn’t understand what Hyukjae was talking. “Wait! You said you fainted?” he asked in panic. Hyukjae just nodded. “Did you hurt anywhere?”

“My head. I think I hurt it.” He said caressing the back of his head. Kyuhyun turned him around, examining if there any serious injured on him. “There’s nothing serious, Kyu…” he said reassured him.

Kyuhyun simply kissed the place where Hyukjae’s rubbed. “I think it get better.” Hyukjae smiled sheepishly. Kyuhyun smiled too.

“But Kyuhyun, that guy ate everything. He didn’t even left anything for us.” Hyukjae frowned.

Kyuhyun just looked at the kitchen, and what Hyukjae said is true. Nothing left for them to eat. Maybe he ate everything without he even realized. Kyuhyun thought, because he knew Hyukjae liked to fantasized, and he loved eating the most. The guy he thought of must be one of his fantasy’s characters. That was the only thing he could conclude.

“Let go out to have some dinner, Hyukjae.” He suggested.

Hyukjae nodded but frowned seconds later. “Aren’t you tired?” he asked because Kyuhyun just went back from his long trip.

“I am.” He smiled lightly. “But I missed eating with you. So, let’s go.” He said and taking Hyukjae’s hand on him.

Kyuhyun’s car parked at the parking site, a bit farer from the restaurant because they couldn’t find one because people were crowding the area.

“I wonder what’s wrong?” Hyukjae jumped a little to see what the reason of the crowded, but Kyuhyun care less. He tried to pull Hyukjae’s out from there, and headed to the restaurant that few shops pass the crowded, but Hyukjae was insisted to see what has happened.

“Oh Lord!” Hyukjae cupped his mouth. “It was an accident, Kyu.” He said eyeing to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun just gave a boring response, because it was not him, it was not Hyukjae, it was not someone he knew, so why would he care.

He once again tried to pull Hyukjae out from there, but failed to do so. “Hyuk…” he whined, but Hyukjae was busy listening to the crowds’ talking.

“Oh my God! That was worse. He can’t survive.” People were whispering.

“Has anyone called his family yet?” Another one whispered.

“I heard that his lover is on the way.” One answered before.

“Please, everyone. If you not going to help please don’t stand in our way.” A paramedic scolded the pedestrians.

“Such an arrogant.” The paramedic was about to retort back at the pedestrians, when his name being called.

“Shindong! Come over here fast. We are losing him.” The paramedic, named as Shindong squeezed into the crowded. It was a good help, because he was big in size. He finally able to passed through after some pushing.

“Gosh, it worst.” He said couldn’t advert his eyes from the spoken one. “I don’t think he couldn’t make it.”

“Hey, do it quickly. We have to save him. It’s not his time yet.”

“Are you kidding me, Ahjusshi? He couldn’t make it.” He snorted.

“Yah, you are the paramedic, do something. Save him.”

“But I’m not a God!” He snapped back but still trying his best to save the guy live.

Hyukjae heard the guys bickering. He closed both his hand, hoping that the fat guy could save the lying guy.

On the other side, Donghae and Ryeowook were monitoring the situation. The human Ryeowook was assigned met his last day today, and Ryeowook bring along Donghae so that he won’t feel bored at ‘that’ place.

“Donghae, did you see the soul?” Ryeowook said. Donghae just nodded, watching with interest how the soul slowly goes out from the body. “He will be judged later, and will be decided whether he will be an angel or demon.” Ryeowook explained.

“What will happen to the body?” Donghae asked interested. “You people buried death body, am I right? I guess it will be rotten.” Ryeowook shrugged.

“Ah.” Donghae said amused. His eyes were wandering to the common people when he suddenly spotted Hyukjae… and Kyuhyun. “Hyukkie…” he whispered. Ryeowook tend to hear it. “No, Donghae. Don’t go there. He doesn’t belong to you anymore.” Ryeowook said, pulling Donghae’s hand.

But he was smaller than Donghae, Donghae knew that and he could easily escape from Ryeowook’s grip. When he was about to reach Hyukjae’s someone pulled his hand. It was his angel itself, Jongwoon.

“Don’t waste your energy, he couldn’t even see you.” Jongwoon said, but not letting go of Donghae. Donghae pleaded him with teary eyes, but Jongwoon was not Ryeowook, he didn’t sympathized Donghae easily. “Just stay here.” He said and turned his attention to Ryeowook. “You shouldn’t bring him here.” He scolded the other angel.

“He was bored.” Ryeowook reasoned out.

Donghae watched Hyukjae’s from far, how he wish he was there at Hyukjae’s side, the one that covering Hyukjae’s eyes instead of Kyuhyun, because Hyukjae was scared of the soulless lying body that full with blood.

Donghae watched how the soul getting out completely from the body, how the body was empty, empty vessel…

Vessel…

And it was an empty vessel…

Donghae felt that Jongwoon’s grip on him loosened because of his bickering with Ryeowook, he took the opportunity and jumped inside the empty vessel.

Ryeowook’s eyes widened at the scene in front of him, Jongwoon was left speechless, the crowds were gasping, Shindong was praying hard to the God, when they watched the empty vessel, or the totally badly injured guy that lying of the road, waking up.

 “Hyukkie…” the once lied body wake and mentioned a name. But fall once again, because he was badly injured.

Hyukjae felt a tug on his heart, when he felt that the body was calling his name. Kyuhyun had tightened his gripped on Hyukjae’s hand, because he swore he heard that the lying man was calling Hyukjae’s named.

Ryeowook and Jongwoon’s eyes wide in horror, because thing supposed to not happen in that way.

Lee Donghae has back.

Lee Donghae has back to human world.

Lee Donghae was wearing someone else body.

Lee Donghae was now looking for his lover.

Lee Donghae has back to human world, wearing someone else body, and was looking for his lover, Lee Hyukjae.

And it never a good sign, to any of the angels, or the human. And suddenly it was raining at that moment, never a good sign.

 

Tadah... update for you... Hahahahaha... not proofread, un-beta-ed (because I'm lazy)

Donghae has back, Jongwoon started to interfere (and there's a reason of it). Oh, just in case you guys have missed it, Jongwoon did mention L-O-V-E-R-S, yeah... that means its more than two people. (get what I'm trying to say?)

and everyone.. I just have the eager to mention this... 

                                     THE ANGST START NOW~~

Happy reading and don't forget to drop your comments. I usually replied~~

and Tsuki-ah... where did you go? I miss u, dear~