Chapter 20

Rain

 

Chapter 20.

The man shoved the wrapped document file to Hyukjae. He has been hiring a private investigator to tab on Kyuhyun and Donghae’s background.

“Was everything here?” Hyukjae asked gulped. The P.I nodded in return.

“Mr. Lee, if you like I could brief you about…” the man just about to summarize what he had been investigate when Hyukjae interrupt the latter.

“No thanks. I will read it by myself.” He said and handed amount of money they agreed to him. “I hope this is enough and you will keep your mouth shut at this matter.” The P.I nodded, only interested with the money.

~~~

Hyukjae cupped his face with his both hands. The information he just read really shocked him.

Lee Dong Hwa and Song Aerin is siblings with different mother.

On April 1987, Song Aerin had made a police report on a case. She claimed to be by Jung Hyun Jong, her ex boyfriend. Further investigate has been done and Mr. Jung was proved guilty. A death sentences had been casted to him, as and abusing case.

On July 1992, Lee Dong Hwa met Song Aerin and offered her to live with his wife, Lee Eun Jo and his son, Lee Donghae.

On September 1992, Lee Dong Hwa wife’s brother, Kim Jongwoon, had returned back from his study at German. He met Cho Kyuhyun, Song Aerin’s son at Lee Dong Hwa’s residence. He then met with Song Aerin and fall in love with her.

On October 2003, Kim Jongwoon died when he wanted to save Cho Kyuhyun who was trapped in burnt house. The caused still remained closed.

On August 2004, Song Aerin diagnosed with blood cancer and being hospitalized without any inheritance to take care of her. Cho Kyuhyun was sent to the orphanage.

On February 2005, Song Aerin died after almost half of years fighting with her disease. Her son is nowhere to be found at the funeral, although they had informed him of the news.

On March 2008, Lee Donghae and Cho Kyuhyun enrolled the same university.

On April 2010, both Lee Dong Hwa and Lee Eun Jo died in a car accident. Police found that their car brake had been pulled off. The case remained close as their son’s wishes.

On May 2010, Cho Kyuhyun suddenly disappeared and couldn’t be traced anywhere.

On April 2012, Lee Donghae met his final day due to car accident. The same reason was being pointed out; car brake had been pulled off.

On June 2012, Choi Siwon met Cho Kyuhyun in one of his family’s ball party. He then joint-venture with Cho’s company.

On September 2012, Cho Kyuhyun took over Lee Donghae’s company as requested by Choi Siwon, agreed by Lee Hyukjae’s, the new inheritance of Lee Donghae’s company.

Hyukjae sighed remembering the detail he had read. He didn’t know anything of it. He did remember Siwon asked him to sign on a document, but because he trusted Siwon that he signed it without reading.

“What is your true intention, Kyuhyun?” he sighed once again.

~~~

What is with this feeling? Kyuhyun held tightly on his chest, suddenly feeling all insecurities building up in him. He closed his eyes, tried to ease the feeling away.

He sighed reading a document in front of him. Reviewing the company documents always makes him wanted to throw up, for the amount of numbers and words in a page. But it’s a good distraction for Kyuhyun, although he himself didn’t even know why he needs distraction.

Kyuhyun startled when his phone buzzing, signaling there’s an incoming message. He unlocked the screen and press the read button.

Will be at Sungmin’s today. He needs me. Love you.

It was a simple message, yet Kyuhyun couldn’t help to smile widely at it. Hyukjae will always have the need to tell Kyuhyun was he was going to do, as Kyuhyun was someone so important to him.

He didn’t know if he was that important to Hyukjae, but Kyuhyun knew, Hyukjae is the most important to him. He was the only reason Kyuhyun stayed alive ever since now.

He closed all the documents, losing interest to review on it anymore. He wanted to be at home, shower, smelling so good and waiting patiently for Hyukjae to went back home. He knew he will get reward if he being a good boy today.

Kyuhyun massaged his hurt neck before inserting the key in the door knob. The house was pitching dark, and Kyuhyun couldn’t help to like it. He always likes darkness… always…

Didn’t bother to turn on the lights, Kyuhyun went to the couch and place his briefcase neatly beside the lamp post, because he didn’t want to be scolded by Hyukjae, knowing that the latter hate it when he simply put things on the floor.

He went to the couch, already ruining his entire plan to make himself presentable for Hyukjae before. Because he was damn tired, and he just wanted to rest the most.  

He was just about to close his tired eyes, when his ears caught a thumping sound coming from the kitchen.

“Hyukjae?” he called, even though he was obvious that Hyukjae wasn’t there at the moment. He went to the kitchen, slowly and carefully.

He could see someone was squatting in front of his fridge. That someone was practically digging his fridge, eagerly eating everything in the fridge.

Kyuhyun pulled the person off from his fridge, ready to punch the latter at his face, because he was sure that person wasn’t Hyukjae, because he was a little bit chubby than Hyukjae, not Siwon either because this person was a bit shorter and definitely not Sungmin, as the latter didn’t know his house pass code.

But his fist freeze in the middle of air, his eyes turned rounded and bigger than its usual, he was shocked, too shocked to find out who’s the person that digging his fridge.

~~~

“Lee Hyukjae shi?” Hyukjae’s body turned around to the voice called for him.

“Yes?” he replied, didn’t even know who the other is.

“Err… my name is Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook.” The smaller smile widely and held out his arms for a shake.

Hyukjae politely took his hands. “Okay.” He said hesitantly, because the latter too was hesitating also.

“Ah… how should I said this.” The latter rubbed his neck nervously. “My name is Kim Ryeowook.” He repeated again.

“Yes, I know. You just introduced yourself before.” Hyukjae stated in confuse.

The latter shook his head. “My name is Kim Ryeowook.” He repeated again.

Hyukjae nodded his head, recognize the latter name.

The latter shook his head again. “Are you okay?” Hyukjae asked in concern.

The latter nodded. “I’m just sleepy.” The latter answered.

“Ah… okay.” Hyukjae said in awkward.

“Lee Hyukjae shi…” the latter called him in drowsiness. “My name is Kim Ryeowook.” The latter repeated again, like a broken machine.

“Yes. I know.” Hyukjae said in offended. Because the stranger is very strange. The latter eyes become smaller and smaller, as if he wanted to fall asleep at any times soon.

“Lee Hyukjae shi…” the latter said, his eyes already shut tightly. “My name is Kim Ryeowook.” He said and fall down to Hyukjae body, or more precisely, fall asleep on Hyukjae.

“Ryeowook… Kim Ryeowook shi…” Hyukjae shook the latter body, trying to awaken him.

And it did work. Ryeowook’s eyes now are all bigger and excited, different from his drowsy state before.

“Thank God.” the latter said, distancing his body from Hyukjae. “I thought you would never called my name.” he said smiling to the confuse Hyukjae.

“So, Lee Hyukjae shi… let’s greet each other more properly, okay.” He said in full energy. “My name is Kim Ryeowook. I am your new designated angel.” He said happily.

“What?” Hyukjae asked fully confused.

~~~

“Jongwoon…” Kyuhyun mumbled the name once he saw the latter face.

Once hearing his name being spell out, the other stopped digging on his fridge instantly. Standing up to meets Kyuhyun level.

“Phew… I thought I have to eat everything in this house to stay strong.” The latter said to himself.

Kyuhyun was still in shocked state. How come he… 

The named Jongwoon’s attention went back to the latter that was in his greatest shock.

“It’s been a long time, Kyuhyunnie…” Jongwoon said smiling to the latter.

 “No… it can be.” Kyuhyun mumbled silently. “You’re died already.” He shook his head.

Jongwoon happen to heard what he had said, thus he answered. “Yes, you’re right. I already died.” He said and put his right hand on Kyuhyun’s right shoulder, patting it slowly. “But I return from death, to bring you back.”

Tears started to brimmed on Kyuhyun’s eyes. He shook his head, still couldn’t believe what he had seeing in front of him.

“Cho Kyuhyun…” the angel said. “My name is Kim Jongwoon. And I am your new designated angel.” He said smiling to the latter who was in confuse.

“Let’s bring back the cute and adorable Kyuhyunnie back, shall we?” he said and extended his arm for a shake.

Kyuhyun, who was in shock quickly throw himself to be hugged by the angel.

“Jongwoon… Jongwoon… Uncle Jongwoon…” Kyuhyun mumbled nonstop in the embrace, wetting the latter shirt with his tears. “Uncle Jongwoon has back. My uncle has finally back to me.” he said.

Jongwoon just smiled. The truth is, he had missed his little Kyuhyun for such a long time.

“Yes, Kyuhyunnie. I am back for all good. You don’t have to be scared anymore.” The angel assured him, patting his back softly, trying to ease the sadness Kyuhyun had for such a long time.

“It’s been a long time, Kyuhyunnie… such a long time.” he said and cooed the latter who was still crying. 

 

~~~ 

This is CRAP! Hahahahahhaha.... Thanks for reading tho~~~ btw, the angels finally made their move.... after such a long time. Anticipate the next next chapter more~~~ :)