Chapter 23

It's not a simple thing... [Sequel]
Soohyun's P.o.V. 
 
      "The first thing you need to do is to be good to a woman's friends, even more if they are her best friends."
      "But, I'm already good at them; I'm even a close friend of theirs!" Kyo furrows his eyebrows and looks confused at me.
      "You need to be extra good.  You know, do special things for them, talk sweetly to them, compliment them etc." I try to make him understand.
      "If I start sweet-talking and complimenting Artemis or Mitsaki, they'll send me for an MRI to see if something's wrong with my head."  He makes a circling motion with his index at the side of his head, making me sigh.
      "Okay, okay, then, just do something really nice." 
      "Like what?" 
      I smirk mischievously and drape an arm over his shoulders. "You'll bring them backstage."
 
      The door-handle turns and I feel the excitement suffusing me, like a massive wave, as the door opens and the people I expected enter the room tentatively. 
      They're just three girls that I haven't seen before, but I'm so eager to meet them right now, for two reasons; first, I always love meeting fans and new people in general; it makes me intrigued, and second, I'm looking forward to watching my plan being deemed a success!
      The girls bow deeply when I go near them and I bow back greeting and welcoming them here. 
      "Hello, my name's Annita." The first girl, the one with the light brown hair and hazel eyes, says smiling.
      "I'm Mitsaki. Nice to meet you!" the second one gives me a shy smile. Her hair is a dark shade of brown, cut in a short fashion and her eyes shine brightly as they meet mine.
      "And I'm Artemis! It's so nice to meet you all!" the last girl exclaims cheerfully and reaches out her hand for a handshake, a big bright smile plastered on her face. Her dark, with purple tips, hair is styled in a ponytail and her eyes are almost slits due to her broad, heart-warming smile. I take her hand and cup it with both of mine, smiling back. 
      "Nice to meet you, too. I'm Soohyun."
      "Oh, we know who you ar-uff!"  I look amused at Annita who's rubbing her side and glares at Mitsaki, talking fast in a foreign language.
      "Oh! You're here!" a voice from behind me exclaims and the girls' attention is turned away from me.
      "Kyo!" Artemis exclaims happily and grabs the much taller from her man into a tight hug. 
      Kyo closes his eyes and wraps his arms around the girl, lifting her off her feet. 
      "How are you short-stuff?" He asks with a playful grin and pinches her cheek when they're done hugging. The girl giggles. 
      "I'm perfectly fine; but you...you won't be for much longer~" she pokes his chest with her finger and smiles sweetly, too sweetly, and I totally understand now why Kyo is so afraid of her. 
      Even though her small demeanour, -she's shorter than the other two girls, making her stand somewhere around 1,65cm- she has that dangerous glint in her eyes that makes a shiver run down my spine. I feel so sorry for Kyo.
      Kyo blinks and then coughs and laughs awkwardly. 
      "Uhm... Girls, don't you want to meet the rest of U-KISS?" I suggest and smile charmingly to them while waving towards my members who stand aside. We move further into the room and I start introducing the girls to my boys after both sides have bowed deeply.
      Artemis and Annita -the two A's as I like referring to them- are more outgoing and allow their excitement to be shown whereas Mitsaki is shier and more composed as she smiles sweetly every now and then while adding some of her thoughts in our conversation. We're all arranged in a circle as we talk and try to know each other.
      "Oh, please!" Artemis suddenly asserts, looking towards Kiseop and Eli. "You really don't need to restrain yourselves, you know!"
      The couple, along with everyone else, even Kyo and Annita who are standing at the side talking about something else, look at her wide-eyed. 
      "W-what do you mean?" Eli asks surprised, trying to play the fool.
      "You and Kiseop can hold hands if you want, there's no need to stand so awkwardly beside each other while the back of your hands touches! Right Mitch?"
      Mitsaki nods and smirk at the couple sardonically. "Yes, even though it's fun watching them being awkward."
      This makes me feel even more surprised. Where did this come from? I thought she was the quiet one. But now that I think about it, people say to always fear the quiet ones.
      "Arty!" Annita comes beside the girl and glares at her, then turns and bows at us. "I'm so sorry about that! I don't know what got into her."
      "Haven't slept much!" Artemis shrugs. "I've been in a plane for almost a day and when I got in Japan I only managed to take a quick shower before rushing here."
      Dongho chuckles. I look at the maknae confused. 
      "You're really perceptive, Artemis-san." he says and all of the members look at him weirded out, because, well, he just gave Eli and Kiseop's secret away. 
      "Oh, thank you! And please; just Artemis or Arty, we're the same age anyway." The two maknaes, as it seems, change the topic into something more comfortable than my members' relationship and I release a sigh. 
      "Sorry about that, Soohyun- san. Artemis tends to get hyper when running in low sleep."  Mitsaki apologises, coming beside me. "But do not worry. We all know how to keep a secret." she smiles and I can't but smile back and thank her from the bottom of my heart. 
      My eyes fall momentarily on the wall clock and I realise that an hour has already passed and it's almost time for the second phase of my plan. 
 
     "Rule number two;" I raise two fingers and smirk at Kyo. "Take her somewhere nice."
      "But, don't we have to be alone?"
      "That, my friend, can be arranged."
 
      I raise the tone of my voice so as to be heard over the others’ who discuss on various things.
      "Ahh, I'm starving! Why don't we go grab something to eat?" this gets all my members, except Dongho who looks a bit sad -how strange- to agree with me. "Misses, would you mind joining us?" I ask the three visitors and smile at them. 
      "Uhm, I don't know if we-"
      "Oh, yes! Please, come with us!" Dongho perks up and looks hopefully at them. 
      "Wouldn't it be bad for you to be seen with us?"  Mitsaki asks tentatively, carding her fingers through her short hair. 
      "No, we'll go somewhere safe." I wink and feel my heart thumping one time more than necessary when she blushes and starts worrying her bottom lip with her teeth. The three girls converse for a while in that foreign language from before and then turn towards us. 
      "Okay, we're good if you're good." Annita announces and I smile widely while it's really hard not to join my hands together or laugh as my plan takes the road I want it to take.
      "Alright! Let's go then; I know a nice place."
      I lead the small gang outside and into the van waiting to lead us to the place I have made reservations at.
      "Who'll go with the fox?" I ask the two couples of my group in Korean while the girls are busy talking with Hoon, Dongho and Kyo. 
      "What will we have to do exactly?" Kiseop asks and interlocks his hand with Eli's. He seems more relaxed than the other days and this makes me smile for some reason.
      "Nothing much, just stay with them 'till I tell you to come to us." I see all four of them thinking about it.
      "We'll go." Kevin announces and I smile, leaning back to my seat and turning to speak with the rest.     
      The car reaches the Korean restaurant and we get off, thanking our manager. We enter the building, it's a quiet place that's separated into small rooms; every room having a table inside, creating an atmosphere of privacy. I go to the waitress once we're inside and speak to her before the rest come near to us. 
      "My name's Shin, I have a reservation for two rooms, but could you please act like you couldn't put all of us in the same room?" I put on my most charming smile and watch her blush before she clears and apologises loud enough for the rest of my company to hear her.
      "I'm so sorry sir, but we don't have two joined rooms available at this time. Would you like to wait?" 
      "Ahh, that's such a shame. Excuse me for a while." I scratch my head and take a sad look as I turn to the rest. "We'll have to go into separate rooms; do you mind?" My members act like they don't know anything and they sigh. 
      "Well, if the girls don't mind I'd suggest us splitting into teams." Kyo proposes and look at the girls.
      "Teams?" Annita asks and looks questioningly at him.
      "I'd say Artemis and Mitsaki to go into one room with some of the members and you with me and the rest of the members."
      I hear a small chuckle at Kyo's words and see Mitsaki putting her hand in front of , trying to hide her smile. 
      "Yep! I vote yes!" Artemis says brightly and passes her arm inside the crook of Mitsaki's. 
      "I agree with Kyo. Annita?" Mitsaki raises an eyebrow and looks, a bit challenging I'd say, at her friend. 
      Annita seems to be thinking about it before she meets the eyes of her friend, her look changed. "Okay I'm going with Kyo. Who'll come with us?" she says like she has just accepted a challenge put on her.
      Kevin and AJ take a step forward instantly and I smile contently. 
      "Okay then it's me, Kiseop, Dongho, Hoon and Soohyun who'll go with Mitch and Arty." Artemis smiles brightly at Eli's words and I turn to the waitress who also smiles patiently at me and lead us to the rooms. 
 
ღღღ                                                  ღღღ                                                  ღღღ
 
      "Oh god!" Eli sighs and drags his hand down his face when we're all seated down on big comfortable pillows and the waitress has finally exited the room after leaving our orders in front of us.
      "What?" we all turn to look at him -even Dongho who until now had his attention turned elsewhere, to a pair of dark brown eyes. 
      "Artemis may I ask you somethin'?" Eli says.
      "Of course."
      "About before, when you- when you said...what you said about me and Kiseop; how...?" Eli doesn't manage to finish his sentence. I can see his ears taking a bright red hue.
      "How did I know you are together?" Artemis asks and Eli nods, avoiding her eyes. "Well..." she brushes her bangs back with her fingers. "I wouldn't say you two are 'sticking an eye out' but there's this particular aura around you –the same one around AJ-san and Kevin-san- that made me believe that you two had something going on." she shrugs and takes a forkful of her bulggogi. "Just for the record; I'm not going to say anything. We know how to keep our mouths shut." Artemis says in all seriousness. She's looking at Eli and Kiseop, smiling comfortingly.
      "Th-thank you." Kiseop looks down, blushing. 
      "Don't mention it. But why are you asking?"
      Eli fidgets in his seat. "Well today my mom was with us and do you... Do you think -as an outsider- that she has noticed it?"
      Artemis looks incredulous at him.  
      "I don't know. I can't say something about that 'cause I wasn't there, but she knows about the fan-service, doesn't she?" Eli nods. "Then, she might have assumed that Kiseop wiping your sweat under your suit jacket was just fan-service." she smiles and pats Kiseop's shoulder when he chokes on his drink. 
      "You should be more careful." Hoon pipes in.
      "You speak really good Japanese!" Dongho compliments the girl suddenly making her blush, changing the topic of the conversation before Hoon would start nagging like the mother hen he is. 
      "Thank you.  I've taken lessons, but I'm still not a professional." Artemis replies and smiles shyly. "We've made a deal with Mitsaki and Annita to only talk Japanese while we're here."
      "I live and work in Japan so I have to speak them anyway." Mitsaki says drawing my attention. 
      "Mm, work on what?" I ask her and when she turns to look at me I feel this flutter again. 
      "I'm a manga editor." 
      "By the look on your face, I'd say you love what you do."
      "Oh, yes that's the primary reason I came here." 
      "That's nice. By the way, excuse me for asking, but how old are you? You seem to be pretty young."
      Mitsaki smiles and flushes a fade reddish hue.
      "It's okay. Annita and I are the same age, 22 years old and Artemis is our baby; she's 18."
      A drawn-out 'aw' comes from Artemis and she reaches her arms out, trying to hug her friend who pushes her away, but in no use.
      "I'm your baby~!" the smaller girl purrs when she finally manages to hug tightly the other.
      "Artemis no! No hugs! Ugh!" We start laughing at the scene and for a while the room is filled with laughter until it subsides and a comfortable silence falls on us. 
      "So, Soohyun-san" Mitsaki looks at me, effectively taking my attention from the newly formed conversation between Eli, Kiseop, Hoon, Dongho and Artemis. 
      "Yes, Mitsaki-chan?" I ask as I sent the message to Kevin and take a forkful of my food.
      "What's your plan?" She asks smirking lightly and I smirk back a little. She's sharp.
      "What makes you believe I have a plan?"
      "Soohyun-san, excuse me, but not even such a good man as you would invite three strangers in the backstage and then out to dinner, no matter whose friends they are." She pauses and I nod.
      "Well, yes it's pretty risky." I agree and wait for her to continue.
      "So, I guess you have made plans for Kyo, so he wouldn't get burned alive by Artemis?"
      "Skinned alive." Artemis corrects showing that even if she's talking with the rest; her attention is equally separated in both conversations going on in the room. Mitsaki rolls her eyes and I chuckle.
      "You also come out as a person who finds excitement in- how do I say this? Playing the cupid?"
      "You're smart Mitsaki-chan, but no, acting like a small, chubby, petulant kid isn't really my thing. I'd say that I just," I shrug "I like seeing my plans coming out as a success."
      "Then it makes two of us." Mitsaki smirks mischievously. 
      The door opens and Kevin, together with Jaeseop, enter the room and sit beside me. 
      "Time for phase three." I smile and exchange knowing glances with Mitsaki.
 
ღღღ                                                  ღღღ                                                  ღღღ
 
      "Rule number three; you have to be romantic. Girls love romance!"
      "How can I be romantic with everyone around?" 
      "Don't worry, I've taken care of everything. You just need to go with the flow and not ask stupid questions."
 
Kyo's P.o.V.
 
      The door closes behind Kevin and AJ and I'm left alone with Annita. Silence creeps over us and for the first time in a long time, I feel uncomfortable around someone. 
      "So," I clean my throat and drink from my glass of water- if I'm gonna do this I want to be completely sober. "How's your family?" I'm buying me some time like the coward I am.
      "They're fine. Mum, dad and the little ones are vacationing in Greece."
      "And you stayed back, how come?" I ask her surprised.
      "Artemis would come, I couldn't leave." she shrugs and smiles a little. 
      "Oh, yeah." Silence follows. "Annita-"
      "Kyo-" We chuckle and I reach out my hand, taking hers in mine. 
      "You go first." she says and smiles up at me and, oh god, I swear she has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. 
      "Annita, I-" the door slides open and a waitress, holding a small, cute flower bouquet, enters the room and leaves it in the centre of our table before bowing and exiting.
      "Wh-what is this? Is it for me?" Annita asks incredulously and I nod, thanking Soohyun silently when a big smile forms on her lips as she picks up the bouquet and stuffs her nose in the silk flower petals, taking in the sweet aroma. 
      I take a deep breath and will myself to do it. To confess. I grab her hand again and squeeze it lightly to draw her attention. 
      "Annita, I-" her loving eyes meet mine and I feel my heart clutching tightly and my stomach clenching. "I'minlovewithyou." I say too quickly and watch her eyes open wide, the flowers falling from her grasp.
      "What?" she asks, her voice, now, a small whisper. I take another deep breath and repeat myself, this time saying each word slowly.
      "I'm in love with you." I smile a bit, bitterly. "I've been ever since we were just kids and I waited eagerly for the winter to pass so I could come and see you again." I raise my free hand and let it trace her cheek, it with the knuckles.
      "You're kidding me." she pulls her head back and gets up from her seat on the floor. "You're joking with me. You can't- it’s not- I-"
      I jump off the floor and grab her arms making her stop her mumbling and look in my eyes.
      "Annita, I swear to God, I'm not joking. I'm truly and completely in love with you!" 
      "Then why haven't you said something earlier?! Why waiting for so long?" her fingers grasp the front of my shirt, wrinkling the cloth.
      "Because I was afraid." I lean forward and put my forehead on hers. "I feared that you would reject me and wouldn't want to see me ever again."
      Annita closes her eyes and brushes our noses together.
      "You're so silly, stupid fox." she mumbles and connects our lips in an ever so light kiss. "I'm in love with you, too."    
      "Oh God, we've wasted so much time." I close my eyes and kiss her eagerly, feeling butterflies flying in my stomach.
      "We'll make up for it, don't worry." Annita is smiling and a bark of a happy laughter leaves my mouth as I wrap my arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground and spinning us both around.
      "Σ'αγαπώ." *
 
ღღღ                                                  ღღღ                                                  ღღღ
 
Soohyun's P.o.V.
 
      "And what if it won't go as planned? Do you have a plan B?"
      "Shut your mouth, Jaeseop!  Everything will go perfectly fine!"
      "But what if-"
      "Shh!" I look at him sternly, touching my lips with my finger. 
      It had been already half an hour since Kevin and Jaeseop had left Annita and Kyo alone and as the time ticked by, my anxiousness was getting worse and worse. 
      "If they aren't together till this night's over I'm going to torture them both. I'll torture them and then plant them into the sand with only their heads sticking out. Mmhmm!" Artemis mumbles, rubbing her chin with her fingers.
      "Count me in for help." Mitsaki says, holding her hand in the air. 
      We're standing outside the restaurant, waiting impatiently for the duo to come out. I've sent a message to Kyo that we'll be waiting for them and that's what we'll do. Every time the main entrance opens we're standing up eager to see them coming out and learn the news, but fruitlessly. Then the door opens again and this time it's them who exit, holding hands and smiling brightly at each other.
      "It was like freaking time!" Artemis exclaims and grabs them both in a hug. "You idiots!"
      "Hey! That's our nickname!" Eli shouts, pointing between him and Kiseop, making all of us to burst into laughter. 
      I sigh satisfied and stretch my arms over my head. 
      The newly born couple is blushing and smiling unable to hide their happiness as everyone circles them. 
      "Okay and now what?" Artemis asks once the commotion has died out, and for the first time in days, I don't have anything planned.
      "What?" Hoon asks.
      "It's just midnight, and personally, I don't want this night to end so soon; so why don't we do something more?" 
      "Like going to a club?" Jaeseop asks and Artemis shakes her head negatively.
      "No, no, something more…unique. Anyway Dongho and I won't be able to get into a club."
      "Yes you're right. Then what?" Hoon furrows his eyebrows. 
      "I don't know I just want to stay with you a bit longer; I love your company." Artemis' shoulders drop and I really get what she means. I enjoyed the time I've spent with them, we had fun. 
      "I know!" Artemis brightens up and we look at her, waiting to hear her idea. "Let’s go to the beach!"
      "Artemis, it's midnight! We'll reach there at about 1:30 and we have work tomorrow!"  Mitsaki throws her hands in the air but the other girl smiles knowingly. 
      "Mitch, you're pulling all-nighters almost every night and Annita's restaurant is closed for summer, so, no matter what you say, it won't pull me down." Artemis crosses her arms and harrumphs which makes me want to laugh.
      "We don't have our swimsuits together." Annita tries to make her think logically, but she shrugs.
      "We'll swim !" I feel my eyes going wide. After she throws a look all around she waves her hands in front of her. "Okay, okay! How about swimming in our undies? The moon is only a slit and it'll be hard for anyone to see anything." my mouth falls open. "Except from the glowing 'kiss me' at the back of mine." She mumbles and I'm sure my eyes have become large at the size of saucers. Artemis jabs Mitsaki's side a few times as she bursts out laughing. "Annita! Mitch! Look at their faces! Ahahaha!" I take a look around and see all of my members looking incredulously at her. "Calm down everyone!  Ahahaha! Ah~ of course I'm just kidding! I happen to have my suitcase in Annita's car."
      "You're crazy!" Eli exclaims, shaking his head. 
      "I know!" she smiles broadly. "So what's gonna be?" she runs her eyes over us and finally lands them on mine, as she expects me to make the final decision.
      I sigh and card my fingers through my hair, dwelling over it. 
      "Okay! We can take you back to your car and then go to the dorm to grab our stuff." a round of applause and happy exclaims follow my decision, coming not only from the girls -one girl in particular- but also from most of my members.
      "Okay, but first of all,I want takoyaki!" Dongho announces and turns his head towards a shop, down the road. 
      "I want to try it, too!" Artemis exclaims and follows Dongho who chuckles, leaving the rest going along with them as takoyaki is everyone's favourite.
      "Is she your leader or something?" I ask Mitsaki who's walking beside me. 
      "No, she's just needy-"
      "Annitaaa, I forgot to convert my money!" I hear Artemis whine and see her fake-crying in Annita's embrace.
      "-and clingy!" Mitsaki finishes her sentence and a light, loving smile appears on her lips while she takes in the scene unfolding in front of us. Being unable to resist, I ruffle her short, soft hair and quicken my pace. 
      "Come on, the beach is waiting!" I say over my shoulder and hear her chuckling lightly. 
      I'm really starting enjoying the night now that all the stress is gone and I can't wait to feel the sensation of the waves on my feet or the water embracing me. The night is still young and I'm going to fully enjoy the rest of it.
 
 

E.L.: So here it is! 


The silly fox has finally found the guts to confess!

Kyo: Hey!


E.L.: With a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle (big, enormous, HUGE!) help from our awesome leader!

Soohyun: Well, I didn't do anything mu- 

E.L.: 

Soohyun: Okay! okay! 



E.L.: So, let me just say; I'm awful! I had this sitting around for a while, but with this and that I forgot that I haven't put it online...gomenasai! 


Soohyun: Oh, come here~


E.L.: Plus, my heart tightens everytime I see my baby's name in here! Oh my God! 


Hoon: Come on now E.L. let us comfort you.

E.L.: *perks up* Is that- Is that-.... ELSEOP! WHATER YOU DOING THERE?! 

Eli: Whhhhat?

Kiseop: What?


E.L.: 

Jaevin: What?

E.L. Oh mai gawd! The only subtle ones in here are -

Soohoon: 

E.L.: Jesus Christ! I'm done with you! 

U-Kiss: Byyyyyyyyye~!

 

Bonus Gif:

I just Lo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oVE sassy Kevin!