Chapter 10

It's not a simple thing... [Sequel]

 

Kiseop's P.O.V.
 
    The place was so beautiful! I couldn't keep my eyes of looking all around me! I wouldn't even think that a place like that existed here! Until now I had only seen places like this one in pictures and in TV! 
   It was just plain amazing!
   I have to bring Eli here one day he will like it for sure!
   I left Kyo drag me where he found appropriate for us to sit and when we reached the table he had chosen I couldn't had agreed more with his choice. 
   The table was kinda secluded from the rest of the room, being beside another, this time angled, fireplace; something that made me relax cause not many people could see us and that made it more difficult for them to recognize me. 
   Don't get me wrong, I love interacting with my fans and I wouldn't have any problem to do so even now but not when I wasn't with my members and I was completely alone with someone else. I didn't want any rumors to start and to reach Eli's ears. 
   Maybe it would be better if rumors reached his ears~ Maybe it would make him jealous~
   My inner voice sang in my head. 
   Nah, I've told you before Eli doesn't feel that way about me...now shut up! 
   Getting out of my world I saw Kyousuke holding out a chair for me. I took the seat he offered thanking him with a small smile. He was ready to take a seat too, when someone called out to him. 
   "Kyousuke! Oh my god, I can't believe it! Where were you all this time?!" A woman somewhere around 20 made her way towards us. 
   "Annita! When did you come back from Greece?!" Kyo said as he turned and hugged the woman, now known as Annita. The name sounded a bit weird in my Korean ears, but absolutely cute. 
   The duo infront of me started conversing in a language foreign to me and if I must guess, I would say it was Greek taking in mind where we were. Not knowing what they were saying, I just started observing them.
   Annita was taller than the most girls around here reaching to Kyo's shoulder. She had hazel long hair waist length and a smile that made me believe it never left her lips. Currently she was punching lightly Kyo's forearm while he was scratching his head, something that he did when he was nervous or awkward, as I had noticed this last week.
   From the way they were conversing, I guessed they must have known each other for quite some time now.
   Hmm, they're cute together. 
   Wait; is...is Kyosuke blushing?! Wow that's a first.
   "And who's your frie-" The cutie froze when she took a good sight of me. "OMG!" She exclaimed and then started speaking fast, like really fast, in greek. 
   "Annita, Annita calm down!" Kyosuke tried to calm her down by shaking her shoulders.
   The girl then bolted forward and hugged me! I felt heat rising to my cheeks immediately as I wasn't used in that way of American/European greeting. 
   "Annita; you're making the poor boy feel uncomfortable." Kyo sighed. 
   The girl let go of me abruptly then and bowed deeply. I could see her cheeks being tainted red too. 
   "I'm so sorry, I've forgot my manners." She apologized still bowing down.
   "No, no. it's okay. You just got me by surprise there." I said and patted her back gently. "Hi, I'm Kiseop." I said as I reached my hand out to her and wore my best smile.
   "I already know that! I'm Annita, I'm this baka's childhood friend." She made a gesture towards Kyo and then turned to him. "I can't believe you didn't say anything! You know how much I love U-Kiss!!!" Annita punched him lightly again.
   "Ah, gome, gome, but you were in Greece when I found out I'll be working with them." Kyo, the fox as I liked to call him 'cause of his eyes and hair, scratched the back of his head again.
   Now I'm sure something's going on between them.
   "Still, you could've mailed me!"
   "Haha...yeah...anyways, what's the menu for today?" Kyo asked her as he sat down opposite of me.
   "Well, we have... " 
   Annita started listing a list of foods I had never heard of before. I was watching her with an open mouth and a lost look in my eyes.
   "Hmm, Kis-" The fox chuckled when he took in my expression. "Haha, want me to order for you?" He kindly asked.
   "Yes, please do!" I replied in a desperate way.
   "Haha, ok then." He started talking to her again in greek.
   "Okay, I'll be back with your order in a bit." Annita ruffled his hair and smiled at me.
   "Oh, and Annita bring us some of your wine!" Kyo shouted after her as she left.
   "So, what've you ordered?" I asked expectantly.
   "You'll see~!" He just smiled at me.
   "Hm, how many years do you know each other?" I asked nodding towards Annita's direction. She was taking someone else's order smiling cheerfully.
   "Since she was still in diapers. Our parents were friends and every time I went to Greece we were always together." Kyo answered me. A melancholic look in his eyes as he watched Annita moving all around the place.
   "But..? I can hear a but in there." I insisted on him telling me more.
   "But, her parents decided to move here and for some years I couldn't see my summer friend, until their restaurant started selling more and they could come once in a while back. The next time I saw her, she was already a teenage girl full of enthusiasm and a smile always plastered on her face." 
   "How do-" I cut my sentence upon seeing Annita heading to us with a big tray in her hand.
   "So here's your greek salad1, the saganaki2, the dakos3 for starters; and the wine you asked for, mister! Oh, and mama says she wants to see you, before you leave." She let the dishes infront of us. "I'll come back with the rest~!" She announced and left, skipping happily towards, where I assumed was the kitchen.
   "Wow, what's all that?!" I looked shocked at the food infront of me.
   "Well that's greek salad," Kyo said pointing at the plate with mixes tomatoes, green peppers, onion and something I assumed was cheese. "the white cheese is called feta cheese, it's entirelly greek and Annita's family makes it special order from there. That thing it's called saganaki and it's cheese fried in olive oil..." this time he pointed at a big square shaped slice of cheese and then pointed at the third plate that contained crunchy bread that it was a little wet with feta cheese and tomato, again, on top of it. "That's dakos it's a traditional Cretan snack." 
   "And we're waiting more to come?" I asked shocked.
   "Yup we do~! Now, give me your plate." Kyo started filling my plate with a little from everything and then we started eating.
   "Ngh! It's so tasty!" I exclaimed after taking a bite from everything.
   The fox just nodded and continued eating. We spend the rest few minute in silence enjoying the food. 
   "I'm back~!" A happy voice exclaimed from above our heads.
   "Ah!" I swallowed and turned to her. "Annita! I didn't see you coming! The food is delicious!" I gave her a big smile.
   "Oh, thank you Kiseopie-san!" The girl lowered the tray she was holding and started arranging more plates onto the table. "I hope you'll enjoy those too!" She smiled and turned to leave.
   As I was turning infront of me, I caught Kyo following her retreating form with his eyes. I knew it!
   I sipped a little from my wine and cleared my throat to get his attention.
   "So, what are these?" I asked him when he turned to me.  
   "Mm? Right! Well, this is called pastitsio4, it's with pasta, meat filling, and a creamy bechamel sauce which are layered in a pan and baked in the oven." He said showing with his fork a plate that its content made me drool! "that's baked pork with fried pie bread5 and these are stuffed tomatoes and peppers6." 
   "I have to say, it looks delicious!" I exclaimed and got a big piece of the pastitsio.
   My eyes fell closed when the creamy delicacy started melting into my mouth making me leave out a moan. 
   "Haha, I'm glad you like it." 
   "You're kidding me?! This is heaven gathered in my plate! Ngh!" I exclaimed while gesturing with my hands and took another fork-full of it. I heard Kyousuke chuckle with my reaction. "Eli has to ta-" The sound of my phone ringing cut me off. "Oh, what a coincidence! Neh, Eli?" I said as I answered, while chewing.
   "Where the are you?!" Eli shouted into the phone making me flinch. ! He's mad.
   "Why are you shouting!? Calm down or I'll hung up!" I threatened him.
   "Where are you?" 
   "Out, eating with Kyo."  
   "So you weren't choking...You're eating!" 
   "And? Where's the problem? You know someone has to eat so he can liv-" What am I saying?
   "You are eating out with him while I am cooking here??? I thought you had asked me to cook!" That hurt... I closed my eyes and sighed internally.
   "No... that was Dongho, pabo pigeon, I was just helping out..." I'm sorry, my love..."Stop imagining things." 
   "I didn't-.... W-well when you'll be back?" He asked, his voice almost a whisper.
   "It's not something you have to know!" I hunged the phone and pinched the bridge of my nose, my eyes still closed. "Neh! Let's continue!" I exclaimed, faking a cheerful tone.
   I took another fork-full of my food that never reached my mouth as I dropped it in the plate again and started picking at it. A hand made it's way onto my hand that was resting itself beside my plate.
   "Everything will go alright." Kyo said gently and tightened his grip a little, before taking his hand back. "Now, let me tell you about this time I was in Ath-".
   "H-how do you cope with it?" I asked him while looking at my plate.
   "Huh? With what?" He asked me back, his head a little leaned on the side.
   "With your feelings about her." I nodded towards Annita's direction.
   "Huh?! Ha-ha, I don't get what you-"
   "Kyo, believe me, I'm not as oblivious as all of you take me to be. I just want you to believe that." I gave him an accusing look and continued. "I'm sure you think I haven't noticed how you try to flirt with me; and Eli; and almost the entire staff." A little chuckle left my lips when I saw his surprised look.  "Now tell me." I insisted.
   "H-how...w-wha...oh, nevermind!" He stuttered getting out of his shock. "Well...what you've seen the past week is how I cope with it. I know I can't be with her so that's how I cope. I'm flirting with everyone; men and women. I'm getting involved in meaningless relationships and so more."
   "So, basically you're running away."  I pointed out taking a bite.
   Kyo became silent, contemplating on it while looking at some point of the red tablewear.
   "Well, yes..." His voice was just a faint whisper. "But that's what you're doing too; running away." 
   "Nah-uh!" I shook my fork and head in a negative motion. "I've stopped running from it a long time ago."
   "Really?" Kyo gave me an accusing look. "Have you told Eli how you're feeling about him?"
   "Well, no but....a-anyway how-..." 
   "How I know? Come on guys! You're kidding me?! With every chance you get, you two are all over each other! It's not really hard to come to a conclusion!" He exclaimed letting me shocked, and continued eating.
   "Mm! This reminds me of something Eli is making for us sometimes!" I exclaimed happily as I tasted the stuffed vegetables. 
   "Hn..."
   We continued eating in silence for a few minutes until I heard Kyo's voice.
   "I just...I just can't figure out why you two aren't dating yet...?" Glancing at him I met a look full of curiousness. 
   "We're friends...in the same band....both guys....he's straight...." I trailed off giving him a few excuses.
   "Ha! Those aren't reasons and Eli's as straight as I don't like , which means he's not! He might be biual, but absolutely not straight!" Kyo rolled his eyes and made a motion with his hands.
   "Wha-what are you saying! Those are reasons!"
   "No they're not!"
   "Yes they are!"
   "They're not!"
   "They are!"
   "No!"
   "Yes!"
   "No!"
   "Yes!"
   "No!"
   "Ye- then why you're not dating Anita, huh?" 
   At that Kyo leaned back into his seat, mumbling something inbetween his teeth.
   "What?! I can't hear you!"  
   "We're childhood friends, all right?" 
   I gave him an all-knowing look and took a sip from my glass.
   "And...? That's all there is?"
   "She...she just don't feel the same..." He whispered, his head dropped down.
   "How you know? You have ever asked her?" I asked him eventhough I already knew the answer.
   "No..." He trailed off while following with his eyes the girl that was running all over the place with a unwavering smile.
   "Hn, I thought so." I paused "I think you should..."
   "Nah, I don't think so... Now! Let's change the subject!" 
   "Yah! You're right! It got a little moody!" I agreed and we continued eating while we discussed for meaningless things.
   At some point Annita came back again, this time to take our empty plates and leave our desserts. Each one of us had two pieces of panorama's triangles7, as Kyo said it was called.  
   "Haa~ I'm stuffed!" I exclaimed when I finished eating and leaned back into my chair with my hands onto my belly.
   "Haha, I know!" Kyo chuckled while he wiped his lips from any left-overs.
   We made idle chat until I took a glance at my wrist-watch.
   "Oh ,God! Soohyun will kill me!" I exclaimed letting out a small cry.
   "Huh?" 
   "He doesn't want us to stay out late when we're not in Korea. Would you mind it if we left now?" I asked him.
   "No, no, it's okay!"
   "Sorry~!" I looked apologising at him
   "No, don't be! I told you; it's okay!" He smiled and got up.
   "Umm...can I ask you a favor?" I asked him while we were heading towards the cashier.
   "Yeah! Whatever you want!"
   "Can you order a take-out for me? I'm not really sure I remember the names." I smiled sweetly.
   "Well, duh!" He responded and made a sign towards Annita.
   "What? You're leaving already?!" The girl asked when she reached us.
   "Yes, sadly. Kiseop has a currfew." Kyo answered while playing with a strand of Annita's long hair and then putting it behind her ear. And they call me stupid!
   "Yah! I do not!" I faking pouted at him.
   "Haha, I was just kidding! Gome, gome! Well, sweety, can you stay with Kiseop for a bit while I go and say hi to your mama?" 
   "No, no, it's okay! So, Kiseopie-kun, how you liked the food?"
   "Everything was so delicious! That's why I told Kyo to order a take-out for me!" I smiled widelly at her and gave her a thumps up.
   "Haha! I'm glad! Kiseop-san can I...umm... ask you something?" She asked me, her cheeks becoming a faint shade of red.
   "Of course!" I smiled encouraging her to continue.
   "Well, umm...I was wondering.... Is there anything going on between you and this baka?" The girl asked me, blushing a little more and looking somewhere on my neck.
   "Me and him?! No, no! We're just friends you can relax~!" I winked at her when she looked shocked at me.
   "H-how-" 
   "Well, I better leave here before your mom kills me, slice me into little pieces and then bake me!" Kyo announced coming back from the kitchen with two bags in his hands, probably my take-out. "Kiseop, can you hold this for a moment?" He asked and shoved the bags onto me taking his wallet out right after.
   "No! Kyo, it's on me!" I said reaching out my hand and stopping his.
   "Of course not! I invited you!" He denied.
   "Yes, but I can't possibly-" 
   "Guys, guys! It's on the house; so, stop arguing." Annita got into the middle and smiled at both of us.
   "But-" Kyo started but was immediatelly cut off by her.
   "You seriously believed you would come here and I would let you pay! And not only that but I got to meet Kiseop-kun too!" She exclaimed clapping her hands in excitement.
   Kyo sighed, giving up.
   "What I'm gonna do with you?" He asked her faking the hopeless.
   "Well, you have to introduce the rest of UKISS to me and just worship me till the end of the time~!" She said playfully and stuck out her tongue.
   "Oh, believe me, I'll do!" Kyo exclaimed and gave her a tight hug and a peck on the forehead.
   "You baka Italian!" She chuckled giving him a light punch on the fore-arm. "Well, I hope to see you again, Kiseopie-kun~!" She smiled at me and gave me a light hug.
   "You'll do~! And thanks for everything~!" I hugged her back a little awkwardly.
   After that we bid our farewells and left the place getting into a car and started an almost, total silent drive.
   "It's for Eli, right?" Kyo suddenly asked me taking me out of my thoughts.
   I looked at him with a curious look.
   "The food. Am I wrong?"
   "No, you're right."
   "It's a form of an apology." It wasn't a qiestion, more like a statement.
   "Yes." I whispered and smiled slightly.
   "Well, something tells me he has already frorgiven you."    
   "Hn...." 
   "Okay, so here we are!" Kyo announced stopping the car infront of the dorm and got out, accompanying me to the entrance. "Thank you for keeping me company tonight." He smiled and stood near me.
   "Thank you too, for introducing me to such a nice place!" I smiled and unlocked the door of the building. I oppened the door and  I was ready to head inside when I realied Kyo was still standing beside me. "If you're hoping for a kiss, I'll have to disappoint you~!" I chimed and stuck my tongue out.
   "Haha! No, I was just thinking, and after tonight I don't think I'll advance on you anymore. Only if you wanna use me to make Eli jealous, something that's too easy!" He winked and yanked me into a hug.
   "Haha, I don't think it'll work." 
   "Well, let's give it a chance there's nothing to lose."
   "Okay, we'll see... Goodnight!" I got off of his arms and headed inside while he went to his car and starting the engine, he took off.
   I made my way up to our appartment choosing to take the stairs, as I wanted to lift a bit of the weght in my belly. Reaching outside the door, I unlocked and got inside; taking off my shoes immediately and heading towards the kitchen with soundless footsteps. 
   Opening the fridge I put inside the two bags with the food. As I was going to close it again my eye caught sight of the food Eli had probably made. There were two portions of it and that could only mean one thing.  He didn't eat?! He was waiting for me?! ! Now I feel worse...
   Sighing I closed the fridge's door and made my way down the hallway, but not before I left a note on the table that read: 
 
   Anyone who'll dare touch the contents of the two bags in the fridge will meet his doom.
And yes that goes for you; Shin Dongho. 
   Love, your mommy, ^3^
 
   I smiled in the thought of his reaction when he'll get to see this note. 
   I opened my room's door really carefully and getting inside, I froze. 
   Eli was on his bed in a seated position and shirtless.
   I started taking small, hesitant steps inside the room and when he didn't turn to see me I realized that sleep had already taken him.I chuckled softly when I took in his full appearance. He was wearing his glasses, his head was slightly leaned on the side, his headphones were on his ears and an english book was resting on his lap.
   Deciding to leave him like this for a while I took a pair of shorts and a plain t-shirt, and headed back to the hallway and into the bathroom. There I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and changed into my nightwear.
   I was ready to get back to my room when I heard a sleepy voice behind me.
   "It's late." 
   A yelp left my lips at the sudden appearance of the leader infront of me.
   "S-Soohyun! Yah! You scared me! What are you doing up?"
   "That's what I was gonna ask you." He threw me an accusing, sleepy glare and passing me, he got into the bathroom. "Don't let this happen again." He warned me and closed the door.
   Shaking my head I got inside my room and headed towards Eli's bed, finding him still in his previous position. Ah, pabo pigeon. I thought and smiled at the sight.
   I kneeled on the floor beside his bed. Taking slowly the book from his lap, putting it onto the bedside-table and then reaching my hands out I removed his headphones putting them, too, beside the book. I was as gentle as I could but when I was removing his glasses he started flinching.
   Putting the glasses on the side, I put my hand on his shoulder and shook him slightly.
   "Li-sshi..." I whispered. 
   The only reaction I got from him was a hn.
   "Eli; baby, come lay down properly; you'll be sore tomorrow if you sleep like that." I whispered gently again. Not afraid that he'll remember me calling him like that.
   A small smile kreeped on the rapper's lips and he opened his eyes slowly when I shook him for a third time.
   "Kiseopie, what's wrong?" He asked me sleepily, his voice hoarse.
   "Nothing, I just want you to lay down; you'll be sore tomorrow. " I smiled softly at him. He was so cute like this.
   "Ah, okay. What time is it?" He repositioned himself on the bed.
   "Just a little after one." I answered him and leanning in, I gave him a small peck on his cheek. 
   I got up and turned to go to my own bed across from his when a hand grabbed the hem of my shirt, stopping me. Turning around again, I saw him holding up his covers while looking sleepily at me.
   "Come sleep with me...?" He half asked half suggested tugging at my shirt.
   "What?!" I asked him shocked.
   "You heard me." 
   "B-but-"
   "Just come, Kiseoppie." He smiled a little tugging at my hand one more.
   "Umm...I-I....I guess it's okay..." I gave in and made my way hesitantly under the covers.
   He covered us both and snacked his arm around my waist pulling me closer to his chest. I snuggled closer hoping he won't notice my raging heart-beat. 
   "I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier." He apologised. His lips whispering inside my hair as he had his chin rested on the top of my head.
   "It's okay, it was my fault anyway. I shouldn't have gone out with Kyo." I nuzzled my face more into his chest and then I heard it. His heart. It was beating as fast as mine. Why...?
   "Did you have fun, at least?" He asked me, kissing the place his lips were touching.
   "Yeah it was pretty nice! I brought you something so you can give it a taste too." I whispered and tried to get as much closer to him as I could. 
   "Hn, I'll try it tomorrow. Thank you." 
   "Okay... goodnight...." I trailed off as sleep started taking over me.  I felt really comfortable and relaxed into his arms. The stress and anxiousness, about our upcoming tour, forgotten
   "Goodnight, babe." His arm around my waist held me tighter and my eyes fell closed as a smile made it's way onto my lips.
 
 

 

Kiseop: Aww nothing extremely happened with Kyo... But! I got to sleep with my pigeon~!!! \(>__<)/
E.L.: Kiseop! My sweety! My bias! Is that really you!? Oh, my baby~!! I missed you sooooooooooooooooooo much! *tackles Kiseop*
Kiseop: Hahahahaha! Hello there guuuurl! 
E.L.: Where were you all this time?! You left me all alone with this crazy pigeon! He drove me insane, asking about you every chapter!
Kiseop: Oh, was he...? *mischievious glint in the eyes*
E.L.: Of course he was!
Kiseop: Hmm and where is the stupid pigeon now? *puppy eyes*
E.L.: Tied up, silenced and shut off in the room beside us. He makes an appearence in every postscript! It was the only way to stay away! *accomplished look* 
Kiseop: Really...
E.L.: *shaking head*
Kiseop: Tied up and silenced....that's interesting.... *mischievious smirk*

E.L.: *continues shaking head*...Wait! WHAT?! You won't.... Kiseop come back! Kiseop! Stop! In the name of this postscript! I've missed you! *trying to catch Kiseop*
Kiseop: Sorry~ but it tempt's me and I can't say no...so, ja ne~! *gets out of the door and opens the other* Hello baby, I'm here! *sound of a door closing*
E.L.: *sobbing* snif! Kiseop left me.... I guess I'll have to make this postscript alone... snif!
puff!
AJ: Awww poor little thing~! I'll do the postscript with you!

E.L.: *brightens up* Really?! Oh my God, AJ! You're the best kitty in the world! After my kitty-kun of course, but who cares! *hugs him tightly* 
AJ: Haha okay okay! So now let's talk about the chapter shall we? 
E.L.: Yup! Ok so as I hope you noticed there are small numbers besides the food KyoSeop were eating...
AJ: Ne, that was so you can know how the foods exactly look like.
E.L.: So, here they are! 
1   2    3    4   5  

6   7 

AJ: Wow that's...


E.L.: I know right! :D
AJ: I'm surprised that Kiseop could even get up from his seat after all these!
E.L.: Haha he must've felt like a python after eating an elephant!
AJ: Hahahaha is that a weird ElSeop joke?! xD
E.L.: Well, AJ....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AJ: Ne, ok! Let's finish this now, I have study to do!
E.L.: Okay~ Everyone~ Thank you for reading so far! I hope you liked this chapter! I love your feedback! It's amazing! *starts singing amazing* 
AJ: Well, that applies to our silent viewers too! We have to go now, ja nee~ 
puff!

E.L.:N
e! Minna~Byebyebee~ 
*a moan comes from the next room*
E.L.: Guys! Keep it down! Haa, what I'll do with you....