Singing in the Rain - Chapter 9

Singing in the Rain | Sequel to Dancing in the Rain

It was the night of party. Since they had got back from Busan, Yun hadn't been able to get in contact in Ricky and she had no clue on how she'll be able to find him. She was being driven there by her manager in the van since she had just finished a photo shoot before for a product she was endorsing. From there, they went to the Red Carpet salon then straight to the hotel that SBS was renting out for their 55th anniversary and to celebrate the company's new CEO.

Yun played with the hem of her knee-length white and gold dress and the white and gold mask in her hands. They were both presents from her manager as an apology from their first day of filming Love's Absurdity. The van stopped and she peaked out to window at the grand hotel. Saemi turned around in her seat and smiled at the young girl. "Don't worry too much about anything, okay? Just have fun tonight."

Yun nodded as she put on her mask, before stepping out of the van. She took a deep breath before entering into the hotel's ballroom. She looked around and saw many groups there, but she couldn't recognize anybody since they were all hiding their faces. She turned to the side and was able to spot someone familiar. She smiled as she walked over to them. "Sungjong oppa~"

Sungjong jumped a little then turned around. He cutely turned his head to the side. "Do I know you?" he asked as someone beside him lightly smacked his arm.

"Sungjong! You know better than to ask a pretty lady that!" He turned to her and smiled. "I'm sorry about our maknae."

She giggled. "It's okay, Dongwoo oppa."

One of the members pursed his lips together as he looked her over, trying to see how she was. He looked over every detail, from her one shoulder white and gold knee-length dress to her dark brown hair that sat on top of her head, perfectly showing off her slender neck. His eyes traveled to her sparkling brown eyes that were surrounded by gold eye shadow and the matching mask. He thought about it a little longer then snapped. "You're Yun!"

She smiled and nodded. "You're right, Myungsoo oppa~"

"EH!?"

"Wow~ I never thought that our Yun can be so lovely." said Woohyun.

Hoya hit him. "Not our Yun~ TEEN TOP's Yun pabo!"

Sungjong placed an arm over her shoulders. "Yunnie~ How did you know it was me?"

"Oppa, you're the only one with platinum blonde hair right now." she smiled.

"Yun, did you want us to take you to TEEN TOP?" asked Sungyeol.

She shook her head. "I want to find them myself." She looked at the other guests. "I don't know where they are nor what they are wearing, but I don't want any help finding them."

Infinite laughed. "Good luck~" They all took a turn to hug her before she left.

Yun spent the next ten minutes wondering around the place, but she didn't have any luck on her side. She sighed as she sat down on a nearby table and pouted. 'Will I be able to find them?' she thought as the lights got a little dimmer and people went out to the dance floor.

She sat there and watched the people dance. She was able to recognize some of the idols by their unique dance style. After two or three songs, a slow came up and a lot of people left the dance floor. Yun felt someone tap her on her shoulder and turned to see a male around her age, but, because of the dim lighting and the mask, she wasn't able to figure out who it was. He held out his hand and slightly bowed. Though she didn't know who it was, her heart was pounding hard against her chest and told her to do it. She shakily placed her hand and his and he smiled, guiding her to the middle of the dance floor.

He placed his free hand on her side while Yun placed her on his shoulder and slowly, they begin to move. She didn't think about anything while she was dancing with him; all she did was stared into those familiar brown eyes. She felt like they were the only ones in the world and a part of her never wanted this to end.

The others who were on the dance floor with them had stopped and everyone watched in enchantment at the two young kids dance. They whispered amongst themselves, saying stuff like it was a real life Cinderella, even when they knew that both were idols.

Once the song was over, he separated himself from her, only keeping their hands entwined. He reached over, gently kissing her forehead before leaving. She stood there in shock for a while before someone pulled her off the dance floor and to the side, but she didn't notice since she was still in a daze. 

She didn't snap out of it until she felt a pair of lips on her neck, making her jump. She looked to the side and saw that she was sitting on Ricky's lap, his face was maskless and she reached up near her eyes only to feel her skin. She looked around and saw the rest of TEEN TOP there without their mask then turned back to Ricky and lightly kissed his lips. "Mianhae." she whispered.

He slightly smiled and hugged her tighter. "It's okay."


Outside the ballroom, the young man ran to an empty hallway then leaned against the walk when he tried to catch his breath. He reach up, placing his hand over his heart, only to feel it racing. He closed his eyes. "Why did I do that?" he asked out loud.

"Had fun?" someone said, making him jump. 

The younger man sighed in relief once he saw who it was. "I can't believe I let you talk me into that, hyung."

He laughed. "But you don't regret it, do you~?" he teased. "You still love her so much; why else would you listen to me?"

"Evil maknae." the younger muttered, earning him a light punch.

"I'm still older than you, Daniel~"

"By only a year, Sungjong hyung."

Sungjong smiled. "Better get changed to go back to your group before they find it suspicious."

Niel nodded and he took off his wig as they walked into an empty room.

===

Mmmmmmm... any comments? From me? Not really? xD; I just need to decide on what's going to happen next. =/

Oh, I'm a tad busy, but I will reply back to comments again when Chapter 10 is posted~ <3