Singing in the Rain - Chapter 14

Singing in the Rain | Sequel to Dancing in the Rain

The loud cackle of thunder could be heard throughout all of Seoul. Everyone was inside, avoiding the rain, while one young man was running. He paused on the middle of the street and desperately looked around. Hearing a car honk, he quickly ran back to a sidewalk. 'Yun, where are you?' he thought but slightly jumped when he heard the sound of thunder again.

He slowed down and leaned against a wall, trying to regain his breath. 'Come on. Think Niel! You've known her for so long, where would she be?' he thought as he closed his eyes. 'There!' He opened his eyes again and quickly made his way to the park. He ran to the playground and just as he thought, Yun was sitting there on the swings. "Yun!" he called out, but she didn't even bother to look up at him.

He walked up to her and kneeled down in front. "Yun, please look at me." he begged, but her eyes stayed planted on the ground. He reached out and gently held her hand. "Your mother wouldn't want you to be sad."

She looked into his eyes and he could tell that she'd been crying. "It was my fault she got into the accident. It was my fault that she died, Niel. If I didn't ask her to come home early today, she would still be here!"

He tightened his hold on her hand and stood up. "Let's get out of the rain first; Minho hyung is worried about you." he said as he tried to pull her up, but she won’t move. "Yun!"

"I'm not going!" she yelled.

"You can't just stay out here in the rain, Yun! You'll get sick if you do!"

"GOOD!"

He frowned as he pulled her up as hard as he could and caught her before she hit the ground. "Your mother wouldn't like this! You know that so why are you behaving like this!?" He sighed as he tightly embraced her. "She loved you a lot; don't make her sad by doing this. What would happen to Minho hyung if you're gone? What would happen to me, Niel?" He pulled back to look her in the eyes. "I would be devastated if you weren't here, Yun."


The next few weeks, Niel's family, who are family friends with Yun's family, decided that it would be a good idea to take the two siblings out to cheer them up for losing their mother. They family took the two to Jeju Island with them since they already had a small house there.

The second night there, Niel's parents were having a nice dinner together and Minho had meet some of his friends there and was staying with them for the night leaving only Niel and Yun together in the house. Niel was lying on the carpet by the fireplace and was reading a book. Yun was in another room, talking on the phone. 

"Don't worry Ricky; I'm fine." she said.

"Are you sure? Really Yun, you can tell me anything."

She smiled. "I know... thank you."

"When will you be back?"

"Umm... next week, I think. You'll be the first person I'll call when we get back to Seoul."

"Okay, I have to go now. Yun... I love you!" The phone went dead afterwards, but it wasn't like she would have been to say anything back. 

She placed her phone down and felt her hot cheeks. With a smile, she went outside to where Niel was and sat down next to him. Tilting her head to the side, she read the title out loud. "Confessions of a Lover? Is that good?"

Niel put the book down and looked up at her. "I like it; it's a collection of letters from real people."

"Oh really? Can I read it with you?"

He smiled. "Sure." He flipped over so that he was on his stomach and laid the book on the ground. 

She joined him and they took turns reading letters to each other. When Niel was reading a long letter to her, she turned and looked at him. She noted every small detail about him from his brown eyes to his lips. When he was finished, the turned and they ended up staring at each other for a while. Yun smiled then turned her attention back to the book and read out loud the next letter.

This time, Niel's attention was solely focused on her alone. He reached out and gently tucked back a strand of her hair as she read. She paused and looked back at him. He pulled his hand back. "Mianhae."

"It's okay." She bit her bottom lip. "Niel?"

"Yes?"

She leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Thank you for always being there for me~"

He blushed and looked down at the book. "Y-you're welcome." he slightly stuttered.

Yun, whose cheeks had a slight hint of pink, returned her attention to the book and finished the letter she was reading. They continued to take turns reading the book again and eventually, Yun fell asleep there. Niel closed the book and turned so that he was facing her. He reached out and gently traced her face with his fingers, carefully to not wake her.

'If only we can just stay like this.' he thought.



Ricky frowned when he checked her temperature. "Yun, you are not leaving this bed!" he instructed.

She coughed. "We have to film today!" she whined. "I don't want to be a burden to PD-nim."

"You have a temperature of 38 degrees! That's too high! You are staying in bed today!"

"Changhyun!"

Ricky shook his head. "No, I don't want you to get even more sick." He kissed her forehead. "I'll be back later and nurse you, okay?" She pouted. "No pouts, Yun. Listen to me, okay? Chanhee hyung will take care of you while I'm gone; so be a good girl, okay?"

"Okay." she mumbled as she slowly closed her eyes.

He chuckled and pulled the blanket up to cover her. "Sleep tight." He walked out of the room and talked to Chunji for a bit before he made his way downstairs where Niel was waiting for her.

"Where's Yun?" he asked.

"She's sick; I made her stay in bed." answered Ricky.

"Oh."

Ricky sighed. "That just ruins the surprise."

"Right, Soomin and Sanghyun-nim is visiting the set today and we were suppose to celebrate her birthday today too." said Niel as he leaned back in his chair.

"We'll just have to celebrate it again well she's feeling better."

They talked about other random topics until they got on set. Ricky grinned when he saw Soomin, but it quickly disappeared when he noticed that she was angry. She stomped over to him.

"Give me your keys, Ricky." she demanded.

"What?"

She growled. "At least tell me the code for your apartment!"

"Soomin, are you okay?" asked Niel.

"Damnit! I want to see Yun right now!" she yelled.

"Chanhee hyung is taking care of her." replied Ricky and Soomin quickly ran off. "Wait! Soomin!"

Niel patted his arm when they saw Yun's father walk up to them. "I'll take care of Soomin. You two... just be careful." Sanghyun said before he ran after her.

The two boys looked at each other then towards the left when they heard their names called out. They bowed as the producer walked up to them. "I heard that Yun was sick; is she going to be all right?" he asked.

Ricky nodded. "She should be better by next week's filming. I'm sorry that the filming schedule had to change because of this."

The producer laughed. "We don't have to change it anymore!" he said, gleefully.

"But, Yun isn't here to do her scenes." commented Niel.

"I know, but I was in a café yesterday trying to see what we could do today and I found someone who can fill in for Yun this week. Oh, here she comes!" The producer turned to the side with a large smile on his lips.

The other looked too and they could not believe who they were seeing. Walking towards them, they saw someone they never excepted to see again. She walked up to them, a large smirk on her lips. "Niel oppa~ Ricky oppa~ It's so nice to see you two again."

"H-Hyuna...."

----

keke~ Sorry for being so MIA~ pout But I got you guys a ton of updates for this story! <3

Replies:
... I'm kinda lost at were to start answering these comments LOL maybe when you guys comment again~ <3