Singing in the Rain - Chapter 16

Singing in the Rain | Sequel to Dancing in the Rain

 

Yun ran. She didn't know where she was running to, she just did. She felt her body urging her to stop because of her current condition but she just wanted to get away from her, him and all the lies.

She turned a corner than stood behind a wall, leaning on it for support as she tried to catch her breath. She slowly slid down to the ground as she tried to process all the information in her head. 'They all have been lying and keeping secrets from me.' she thought as she felt her tears sting her eyes. 'Who am I really? Who is Park Yun?'

She thought back to the last couple of years, all those moments with her manager, her friends, her boyfriend... 'but is he really my boyfriend…?'

She closed her eyes and tried to dig through those sealed memories but alas she couldn't conjure anything. She frowned as she looked up at the sky. "Is there anything that can bring back my real memories?" she thought out loud.

She sat there on the ground, her knees to her chest, not caring about any of the people passing her by, whispering and taking pictures. Yun sat there for ages until she felt a hand on her shoulder. Looking up, her stomach dropped seeing that is Ricky there.

He sadly smiled down at her and held out his hand. "Let's go, Yun." he whispered, his voice slightly cracking.

She pressed herself harder against the cement wall, hoping that she could pass through it and away from him. She vigorously shook her head. "Get away." she commanded. "You lied to me, Ricky."

His eyed widened as a tear slipped down his cheek after hearing her used his stage name again. "Y-Yun... I didn't ever want to..."

Her heart tore inside seeing those tears in his eyes, but she knew that she had to hold strong to figure this all out. "But you still did." she mumbled as she got up off the group, but she still tried to keep her distance from him.

He knew that she was going to try run away from him again and he reached out and grabbed her forearm. "Please..." he begged.

She shook her head as pulled her arm away from him and took a few steps back. "I need to be alone, Ricky."

"No! We can talk about this all! I can tell you everything!" He reached out to her but she slapped his hand away.

"I don't want anymore lies, Ricky!" she yelled. "These past years, you and everyone else had been feeding me lies! You all took advantage of me..."

"Yes, we told you lies to cover up your miserable past, but not everything were lies, Yun!"

"Like what?"

"My feelings for you and your feelings for me."

She bit her lip as she tried to force back her tears. "You'd been in control of my feelings from the start... ever since..." she paused, rethinking about the sentence she just said. Without a word, she ran off, leaving him there calling out to her.


She ran in the park, to the playground. She stood there, looking around the empty place. She heard something and turned to see two sisters were playing in the sand box. They seem like identical twins and one was brightly smiling at the other. The girl not smiling was frowning, she took her shovel full of sand and threw it at her sister. She cried when the sand got in her eyes while the other laughed and walked away.

Yun watched as the little girl sat in the sandbox, crying out for anyone to help her, but no one did, no one. "A-appa... appa... it's hurts." she cried and it brought tears to Yun's eyes seeing that.

She cautiously walked over to her, hoping she didn't frightened her and kneeled down to the little girl's eye level. "I-its okay... she whispered. "I'll help you." Yun reached out to pat her shoulder, but she ended up going through her, unable to touch her.

Yun looked at the palms of her hands then at the girl as she tried to reach out to her again, but she couldn't succeed.

"Umma! Look at unnie! She's such a crybaby!"

Yun looked up to see the girl's sister standing next to a menacing woman.

"U-umma... it hurts..." she whimpered as she continued to rub her eyes, hoping the sand would be gone. Their mother clicked her teeth together and walked away, holding the hand of her other daughter, leaving the crying girl there.

Yun stayed there in shock then stood up. "How can you leave her like that!?" she yelled as her own tears rolled down her face. "She's not your only daughter! I'm your daughter too!" Yun's eyes widened as she quickly covered .

She turned to the crying girl only to see she was gone, but her cries could still be heard. Turning to the front, she jumped a little seeing only the woman standing there, staring her down. "U-umma...?" she whimpered as she reached out to grab a hold of her, but before Yun's fingers could even touch her, she grabbed her head as she felt a sharp pain run through her. Yun fell down to the ground, crying out in pain as some of her memories came back to her.

All the abuse. All the sadness. All the loneliness.

Yun felt her world slowly turning dark and all the pain wouldn't go away. Then... an imagine of Niel popped into her mind, easing her of the pain.

'Ahn Daniel...'