Singing in the Rain - Chapter 4

Singing in the Rain | Sequel to Dancing in the Rain

Yun looked herself over the mirror as she took a deep breath. It was the first day of filming and she felt as nervous as she was on her very first set. She jumped when someone knocked on her door. "I-it's open!" she yelled as she turned around and released a sigh when it was just her manager.

"Nervous?" Saemi asked as she handed her a nice warm cup of tea.

Yun gladly took the cup and lightly blew on the liquid. "Yes unnie; I haven't been this nervous about filming since my first time."

She chuckled. "I think it's because your lover boy is here~" Yun blushed. "Don't worry about it; you'll get better once the filming starts."

There was another knock on the door and they turned to see it was one of the staff. "You're needed on set." he said. Yun nodded then put down her cup and walked out with Saemi. 


The drama opened up at a hospital. Yun was walking out of a room and towards the exit when the glass doors opened and Niel ran in, almost bumping in her. He stood in front of her and bent down, trying to regain his breath. Yun tilted her head towards the side, a confused look on her face. "Niel? What are you doing here?"

He looked her over. "Are you okay!? I ran here when I heard your mother said that you were in the hospital! What happened this time!? Is your ankle still bothering you? Or is it another headache?" he questioned as he held her face in his hands.

Yun giggled as she took his hands and flashed him a brilliant smile. "I'm okay, Niel~ I was just visiting my cousin."

He felt relieved. "Oh thank goodness! I thought it was another accident." he smiled. "At least it wasn't about you this time."

She smiled then took his hand and pulled him out of the hospital. "Come on! You're supposed to treat me to some cake today!" Niel felt his cheeks warm up as they held hands, but he didn't dare let her go. Instead, he held onto her tightly, not ever wanting to let go. "Hey Niel?"

"Huh?"

"Are you going to Eunmi's pool party tomorrow?"

He blinked. "Yeah. Are you going? Should we go together?"

She shook her head. "I think I'm going to be a little late, but I have a surprise for everyone tomorrow."

"Surprise? Can you tell me?" he asked.

She looked over her shoulder and smiled at him. "I can't tell you~ But when I do reveal the surprise, I hope you'll be the happiest for me!"


Niel lovingly smiled at her. "Anything you do, I'll always be happy."


Yun uncomfortably shifted her weight between her two feet. "Unnie, do I really have to wear this for filming?" she asked her manager.

Saemi sighed. "Unfortunately. There's not enough time to go buy a different bath suit for you." She patted her shoulder. "If I had known that this is what they wanted you to wear, then I would have told them to change it in the first place."

She turned around to look herself in the mirror. She was currently wearing one of the newest bath suits that were out in the market. Though it was a two piece with shorts, the top showed a lot of her back, thus showing her scar. They couldn't put any makeup to cover it since it would be washed off when she jumps into the pool.

"I'm sure that they could photoshop the scar out of the clip or something, Yun!" Saemi smiled. "Don't worry too much about it!"

Yun sighed then nodded. "I understand, unnie." she grabbed her jean shorts and put them on. 

There was a knock on the door and Ricky let himself in. He smiled then bowed towards the two. Saemi looked at the two younger kids. "I'll leave you guys alone for a bit." she said as she walked out.

Ricky walked up behind her and gently placed his hands on her shoulders as his eyes trailed down the scar. "We don't have to do this scene." he whispered.

She turned around and looped her arms around his neck. "This is where my character comes out about our relationship. It's important, Changhyun."

He slightly smiled as he caressed her cheeks gently, but his eyes were mainly focused on her scar because it will constantly remind him of how close he was to losing her forever.


Niel stood outside the slightly opened door. His eyes were on the ground when he saw her scar knowing that it was he who caused it. He briskly walked away as more memories came back to him.

'It's dark and cold.' He didn't know where he was currently; the only thing that he could easily make out was the darkness.

"His vitals seem stable." There was a flash of light. "Pupils dilated."

"Do you know when he would wake up?" It was a familiar voice to him; there was no way he could forget that voice.
 'Chanhee hyung.'

"The soonest could be anytime; we're not all too sure."

'But I am awake.' He slightly moved one of his stiffed fingers and slowly, the world was coming towards him. He could hear the loud humming from the machines in the room and the hushed whispered. Slowly his eyes opened and everything became white.

"Hyung!"

"Daniel!"

He squinted his eyes as he got readjusted to the lighting. He groaned in pain as he tried to move the rest of his sore body.

"Hyung, take it easy." commented Changjo.

"What happened?" he asked but regretted it since his throat was so dry.

"You don't remember what happened last night?" asked CAP.

"Last night...?"

"Daniel, you and Yun were involved in an accident last night." replied L.Joe.


'Yun....' At the mention of her name, he quickly sat up then winced.

"Whoa calm down!" Chunji said as he tried to get the younger member to lie back down.

"Where is she!?" Niel yelled.

Everyone looked down. "She's still in the ICU. The doctors are unsure about her current state."

Niel felt like his whole world was destroyed after hearing that. "Oh god." He buried his hands in his hair. "This is my fault." he whispered as his body shook. "If... if I had gone to dinner with her like I said I would... if I had ignored my schedule yesterday... then this wouldn't have happened...!"

He felt someone pat his shoulder. "Don't take all the blame yourself." comforted CAP.

"Yeah, everything will be alright! Things will get better, hyung!" smiled Changjo, but his smile didn't reach his eyes.

Niel looked around the room. "Where's Ricky?"

"He's in the ICU by Yun's side. He always comes to see you first then goes to see her." answered L.Joe.

"...can I see her...?"

Chunji shook his head. "Right now, you just rest up and regain your strength first before you can go visit somebody."


Niel shook his head when someone snapped their fingers in front of his face. He looked up and saw that it was the PD. "Are you with us now, Niel?" 

He nodded then bowed. "Sorry, PD-nim."

The older man sighed. "Okay taking it from the top!"


As like all other high school parties, the place was mostly divided into groups. Niel was leaning against a wall as he waited for Yun to come in. 'What fun is a party if she's not here?' he thought to himself then nodded.

Suddenly all the talking came to a hush and Niel blinked then followed their line of vision. His eyes widened when he saw that Yun and entering the pool area while holding hands with their fellow classmate, Ricky. Niel couldn't breathe; he wasn't able to accept what he was currently seeing in front of him.

Eunmi walked up to the couple. "H-hey, are you two-"

"Dating?" interrupted Ricky. He turned his head to look at Yun then gently tucked back a strand of her hair. He smiled at her then turned back to Eunmi. "You could say that." Yun giggled as he guided her to an empty bench.

Everyone started gossiping again, but this time, it was all about the new couple. Niel, on the other hand, solemnly walked up to them. "Yun."

Yun turned around and smiled at him. "Niel! This was the surprise I was talking about!"

He looked at the floor, afraid that she would see the hurt in his eyes. "Since when?"

"She finally agreed to be my girlfriend last week." answered Ricky as he squeezed her hand. "It took a lot of effort to convince her brother to let me date her though."

Niel felt hurt hearing them talk, but he tried his best to put front a convincing smile. "I'm so happy for the two of you."



----


Okay... so to make things less confusing for both you and I, they kept their names in the drama because I'm going to confuse myself too much if I gave their characters different names. Also, any scenes from the drama are written in the font Georgia! Of course, not all the scenes from the drama will be written or else... I might as well submit it to SBS/KBS/MBC to really make a drama out of it. xDD;

I hope you guys didn't get confused with this chapter! ♥

Replies:
@Fanyyy: Everyone does. T^T
@BeviiBby: I don't know the full details of what happened around the time of the accident~ They won't tell me! D: So, we'll have to find out together! :D
@ninaaziz: Now it's time to be anxious about the next chapter~! lol
@shiraishi_fan67: We'll see~