Singing in the Rain - Chapter 13

Singing in the Rain | Sequel to Dancing in the Rain

Yun was carefully wrapping her dishes in newspaper as she sat at her dining table. It's been a week since their anniversary and Ricky had gladly agreed to live with her. They decided that day, instead of him moving in her apartment, they were going to just rent off a different place near the TEEN TOP dorm to make it easier for him.

She carefully placed the wrapped dishes in the cardboard box and taped it up. With a smile, she was about to move it when someone took it from the table. "I could have carried that, Changhyun." she pouted.

He chuckled as he leaned over and kissed her cheek. "I know, yeobo." He took the box and walked out of the apartment. 

She smiled as she touched her cheek. She snapped out of it when she heard her phone ring. Quickly digging through her pockets, she fished out her phone and answered it without looking at the caller ID. "Yobosaeyo?"

"How is my princess?"

She grinned as she sat down. "Appa! I'm fine; what about you? How's work? How's America? How's Soomin?"

She heard him laugh over the phone. "One question at a time, Yun! I'm fine and Soomin's fine; it feels like I'm raising a second you~" he teased.

"Appa~" she whined.

He chuckled. "Okay okay, but I really miss my real daughter~ You should have come over to America with us."

"Appa, I'm an actress; both you and Soomin went to America to further understand the music industry." she replied. "Appa, will you be visiting us anytime soon?"

"I don't know, Yun. I'll call you if I can find time, okay? What are you doing today?"

"Oh, umm...." She nervously scratched her cheek. "I'm... moving."

"Moving? Where?"

"I haven't told you yet appa! It was our anniversary last week and we decided to move in together." She paused, waiting for his response, but he didn't. "Appa?"

"Okay, I approve of Changhyun and I guess it was bound to happen one day. Just don't get marry without me, okay?"

Yun smiled. "Of course not! Appa... you and Soomin come back to Korea soon, okay? I miss you two."

"We'll be back before you know it, Yun. Now, appa has to go. Don't hesitate to call me, okay?"

She nodded. "Yes appa! Good night~" She hung up then looked at the screen of her phone with a sad expression. She felt someone's hands on her shoulders and she looked up to see Ricky standing there.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he sat next to her.

Yun shook her head. "Appa just called."

"Ahh, you really miss him, huh?" She nodded. "Should we... go visit them?" he grinned.

She slightly smiled. "You know we don't have that much time, jagiya." She stood up and stretched. "We just have to move this table out, right?" She walked to the opposite side. "Come on!"


It was late in the evening when the couple had finally moved everything from the truck and into their apartment. Only some of the stuff was taken out, but the place was mostly littered with boxes. Yun was opening one of the boxes when Ricky came over and gently hugged her from behind. "Yeobo..." he whispered in her ear. "Do you mind going down to the van and bringing in our jackets?"

"Oh? Is that where I left them?" She tapped her pouting lips as she thought about it. "Ahh, I guess I didn't bring them up." She turned around and kissed his cheek. "I'll be right back." she said as she took the keys from his pockets and made her way to the elevator.

She walked out the building and rubbed her bare arms. Though it was the middle of August, the nights were starting to become chilly. She went to the parking lot and after a few seconds, she found the van. Opening the passenger seat, she pulled out a black jacket and quickly put it on, not caring that she was wearing Ricky's and not hers. She reached for the other jacket then ran back into the building to escape the night's chills.

Yun paused a few feet away from their apartment when she saw Ricky leaning against the opened door. "Is there something wrong, Changhyun?" she asked as she walked in front of him. 

He looked at her, a loving smile on his lips. He stepped forward, hugging her waist and resting his forehead on hers. "You look cute." he chuckled. 

She giggled. "You always say that whenever I wear your clothes."

"I know." he smiled. "But how can someone look so cute in everything she wears?"

Yun slightly blushed. "I guess I learned how to look cute from the lovely Ricky~"

He gently brushed his lips against hers. "Then I should teach you to be something else than cute." he murmured.

"Huh?"

He chuckled as picked her up bridal style earning a small squeak from her lips as her cheeks became red. "Put me down, Changhyun!" she demanded as she looped her arms around his neck for support.

Ricky laughed. "Isn't it tradition for the man to carry the woman into the house when they first move in?" he asked as he walked into their apartment then closed and locked the door.

"Yes, but isn't that only when they are married?"

"Is it?" He looked down at her and smiled. "Oh well, I like carrying you~ You're still as light as a feather, Yun." He carried her into their bedroom then gently placed her on the bed and climbed on top of her. He gently caressed her left cheek. "Yeobo?"

"Y-yes?" she stuttered.

He leaned down closer to her. "I love you." he said in a low whisper before he fully claimed her lips. One of his arms slipped underneath her and pulled her up closer to him as she hugged him around his neck. 

Ricky pulled away after a bit and kissed her forehead as he tried to regain his breath. He lied down next to her and pulled her close in his arms. Yun cuddled into his chest. "It's hot." she mumbled.

He chuckled. "The AC is on, Yun. I think it's the jacket." he replied as he tugged the back of her jacket.

She yawned. "I'm too tired to take it off though."

"I never thought I'll get to see my Yun lazy." he laughed as he slowly took it off her then threw it on the floor.

"Yah, don't make a mess." she frowned as poked his chest.

"I'll pick it up tomorrow; we need to sleep cause we have filming in the morning." he mumbled as he closed his eyes and hugged her tightly so she wouldn't leave.