Singing in the Rain - Chapter 3

Singing in the Rain | Sequel to Dancing in the Rain

Two weeks passed by like it was nothing. Both TEEN TOP and Yun were busy with their schedules that the time didn't affect them as much. Yun looked outside the van's window as they passed every car. "Yun." called out her manager, Saemi. Yun turned to face her. "I know you're upset that you can't pick up TEEN TOP at the airport, but you'll be seeing both Niel and Ricky at the press conference later."

'Oh, that's right, Daniel oppa will be in the drama too.' she thought then nodded to her manager. The rest of the car ride was quiet only because she was listening to TEEN TOP's solo songs, particularly Ricky's since he made it for her, but her most favorite was Niel's song. 'It's so sad... losing someone that you love so dearly.'

The van came to a stop and Yun got out along with her manager. They were going to do individual photo shoots for their drama, Love's Absurdity. Yun was rushed into the dressing room where she changed into a school uniform then the make-up artists only applied some make-up on her and undid her ponytail. She took one last look at herself before getting out of her chair to see the photographer. Having only posted for a few pictures in different outfits, she was finished with her individual pictures within an hour.

Yun sighed as she walked back into her dressing room to change back into her first outfit since she had to do group shots now because the rest of the cast had already arrived. As she was walking, she stopped a few feet from her room. A smile broke out from her face as she tried her best to run, however her high heels were making it difficult for her. "Changhyun!"

Ricky smiled as he stood there with open arms, waiting for her to come. Once she reached him, she wrapped her arms securely around his waist and he did the same. "I missed you." he mumbled as he buried his face deep into her hair. 

Yun slightly blushed and hugged him tighter. "I missed you too." she said then jumped a little feeling his lips make contact with her neck. "Changhyun!" she squeaked.

He chuckled and kissed her lips. "I'd been away from you too long."

She pouted. "That's your fault."

He smiled as he was about to say something else, but someone called out to him. They both looked as saw that it was Niel. "Changhyun, we have to go change for the photo shoot."

Ricky nodded and let her go. "I think we get our couple pictures done first. So, you better get changed too, Yun." 

She nodded then went back to change. Once she was out, she saw that Ricky was waiting for her outside also dressed in a uniform similar to hers. She quietly walked up to him and hugged him from behind, startling him. He turned around and hugged her. "You shouldn't scare me like that." he muttered.

"Mianhae." 

He smiled then leaned in for a kiss but she wouldn't let him. "Wae?"

"We need to get our pictures done." she said as she took his hand and led him to area. 

Once there, the photographer smiled. "Ah~ so there's our two lovebirds~" she said with a grin. "Okay, since you two are already a couple in real life, just pose like how you would if you were on a date or something."

The two smiled at each other since they were up late last night talking about what kind of poses to do for this. The first pose they did, Ricky was kneeling on the ground, holding up a bouquet of roses and Yun had her hands on her cheeks, acting surprised. Second pose, Ricky and Yun were holding hands as they lay on the ground and there was an iPod between them as they shared the earphones. Third pose, Yun was shyly smiling as Ricky was tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Fourth pose was just an intimate embrace between the couple and the last pose was a kiss.

The photographer applauded once they were finished. Ricky hugged her one last time before walking away since she still had to pose with Niel. Niel walked up to her and she bowed to him like always. "Okay, I don't want any awkward poses between you two. As you know, Niel, you're character is in love with Yun's character while she only thinks of him as a friend. Be friendly, but Niel put some more affection in it."

They both nodded and prepared for the first picture. Yun got a book and opened it randomly to a page. She looked at him excitedly, as if she was showing off something that she drew. He just looked at her with a kind face as he watched her. As they posed, Ricky was watching from the sideline with some of the other actors.

"I think Niel is doing a good job." said Lee Min Ho, who plays Yun's brother in the drama. "It really does look like he's in love with her." he sighed then chuckled. "Though we're only playing as siblings, I already feel like I have to protect her."

Ricky slightly smiled. "Please do watch out for her as we film this drama sunbaenim."

Minho smiled. "You don't have to worry about that."

Ricky nodded then turned back to watch those two. 'Daniel hyung still loves her... we all know that... yet the only problem is that I really love her too....' he thought as the two finished their shoot. Niel came over with this distant look in his eyes as Minho passed him to take some pictures with his 'little sister.'

He turned to his hyung with a smile. "Good job out there, hyung!"

"Huh? Oh, thanks." he mumbled as he kept his eyes on his shoes. "We're after them, right?" Ricky nodded. "Okay, I'm going to get something to drink; text me when it's our turn." He walked away with his hands in his pockets. After doing that photo shoot with her, a lot of memories came back into his mind. As he opened a water bottle, his mind wondered to the past.

"Daniel?"

He looked down at her. "Yes, what is it?"

"Are you busy tomorrow?"

He nodded. "We'll be pretty busy for the rest of the week."

"Oh." she looked down at her hands. "Never mind then."

"No, what is it?" he asked as he took her hand into his.

She looked up at him with the best smile that she could give. "It's nothing! Really! I heard it's going to rain tomorrow so be careful!"


"Hyung!" called Ricky as he ran up to him. "What do you think of this?" he asked as he held up a pink headband. 

Niel blinked. "I don't think it'll look that great on you."

Ricky laughed. "Not for me! It's Yun's birthday present! So what do you think?" Niel’s eyes widened as he check the date on his cell phone and surely enough, it was Yun's birthday. "Hyung, don't tell me you forgot."

"O-of course not!" he stuttered.

"Hyung."

Niel sighed. "Okay I did! I'd been busy with all these promotions that I forgot! But, I'll do something."


Yun smiled as she went through her closet to find something to wear for the night. At first, she really did believe that Niel had forgotten her birthday, but he had called her a few minutes ago saying that he had dinner plans for the two of them. She couldn't even hide her excitement over the phone after he said that. She picked out a pastel pink dress and held it against herself. Smiling, she nodded and decided to wear that.

Hours later, she was out the door with an umbrella in hand. She went into the restaurant that Niel had told her about and waited for him to come. However, as she waited, minutes turned into hours as she sat there.

"Excuse me miss, but we're closing for the night." politely said a waiter.

Yun nodded as she was about to take out some money to pay for her drink, but he stopped her. Yun exited the building and into the pouring rain without even opening the umbrella. She stood there as the cold rain against her skin.

"Yun!" She was pulled into an embrace. "Mianhae." he whispered in her ear.

"Daniel." she called out as she closed her eyes and tightly hugged him back.



Niel crushed his water bottle as he shook his head, trying to get that memory out. He violently threw the bottle to the side as he dropped down on his knees. "It was my fault." he whispered as his tears stung his eyes. "Mianhae... mianhae... mianhae...."

----

Aww... everyone is feeling bad for Niel right now. I want to say that things will get better as their drama is progressing and such.

Replies:
@shiraishi_fan67:
Favorite sister or not, I can't spoil it for anyone. XD;
@Fanyyy: They were best friends. That whole accident holds the key to everything.
@gdlovesme: :( Everyone does.
@Bevibby: Sorry that you can't choose~ And I'm glad that you love this~ <3
@ninaaziz: I don't know~ We'll have to wait and see~