Singing in the Rain - Chapter 10

Singing in the Rain | Sequel to Dancing in the Rain

As the party drew to an end, Yun spent her whole time by Ricky's side. However, he had excuse himself to use the restroom and she sat down at a table near the exit. She looked around then spotted the same person she had danced with first. He saw her look at him then left and she immediately ran after him since she wanted to know who that was.

She ran out into the lobby and looked all around. She saw him walk out into the hotel's garden and followed him. After a while, he ended up leading her deep into the garden and when he finally stopped, Yun was a few feet away from him. 

She took one step closer and he backed away. "Wait, please don't leave." she whispered and he had heard her. She slowly stepped towards him until she was directly in front. She looked up, staring into those brown eyes of his as her hand slowly went up for his mask, but he gently grasped her hand and shook his head. "Why...? Why won't you let me know who you are?"

He didn't say anything but moved closer so that their foreheads were touching. Yun blushed as her heart was telling her not to push him away. Seeing that she wasn't going to stop him, he leaned in closer so that their noses touched and hugged her around her waist. Her eyes fluttered closed feeling his soft breath on her lips. He slightly smiled before he brushed his lips against her to see her reaction at first. Seeing that she wasn't going to do anything, he took that as a sign and gently kissed her lips and she eventually kissed him back.

'This feels... right.' she thought. 'But, it shouldn't.' A image of Ricky flashed through her mind and see immediately opened her eyes and pushed him away. She shakily brought her hand up and touched her lips then turned to him to see a hurt expression in his eyes. "M-mianhae... I have a boyfriend... I shouldn't be doing this...." She took a step backward with each word she said. "Mianhae!" she yelled then ran off and out of the garden.

He stood there for a moment before taking off his mask and throwing it on the ground then his wig. He touched his lips as the image of him kissing her again was making him crazy. He felt frustrated since he didn't know what he should do anymore.


Yun continued to run without looking back or forward. She bumped into somebody and almost fell if the person didn't catch her. She looked up and, to much relief, it was Ricky. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

He returned her hug. "What's wrong, Yun? Did something happen?"

She nodded. "Please, please stay with me tonight."

He pulled back a little and searched her eyes, seeing the desperation in them. He nodded. "Okay." he said as he took her hand and walked out the hotel with her. He walked up to one of the taxis there and opened the door for her first then entered after her. The drive was quite silence as she held onto him tightly and he had his arm securely around her waist. Once they reached her apartment, they separated for a bit to shower and change and meet again on her bed.

Yun held onto the front of his shirt as he the small area of bare skin on her lower back. "What's wrong, Yun?" he whispered.

"Mianhae." he heard her whispered. "Mianhae. Mianhae. Mianhae."

He pulled her back a bit and frowned when he saw the tears in her eyes. "What are you sorry about?" he asked as he gently wiped away her tears with his thumb then kept his hand there.

She reached up and placed her hand over his. "Please don't leave me after I say this." she said and it hurt his heart hearing that. "I saw that guy again, the one I dance with, near the end of the party." She looked down. "I ran after him into the garden and...." she paused.

"And what?"

"I-I kissed him...." She felt him stiffen and looked up at him. "Mianhae Changhyun! I pushed him away immediately when I thought about you!"

"Why didn't you think of me before you kissed him...?" he asked.

"I-I... M-mianhae...." she said as her tears escaped her eyes.

Ricky felt his heart break as he saw her cry in front of him. He pulled her closer to him and hugged her tightly. "Shh... don't cry."

"I-I'm really sorry, Changhyun." she hiccupped. "I can understand if you don't want to see me again."

"Don't say that." he weakly said as his eyesight became blurry from his own tears. "I love you. I want to be able to see you every day." He gently entwined his fingers with her. "See these rings?"

She nodded. "O-our couple rings."

"I made you a promise when I gave you these rings." he said as a tear slid out from the corner of his eye. "I promised to love you forever, Yun; nothing will stop me from doing so."

"Changhyun...."

He silenced her but kissing her. "I love you, Park Yun." he whispered.

"And I love you, Yoo Changhyun." she whispered back, making him smile before kissing her again.