Prayers Finally Answered

Boyfriend's Coffee Prince...?

Hyunseong and Jeongmin just stared open mouthed at the butler, trying to speak but no words came out. If what he said was true, Minwoo would instantly become one of the richest people in Korea! Though keeping a straight face, the butler was trying his best not to burst out laughing at their expressions. "I can clearly see this is surprising to you. However this is not confirmed. All these would only go to him if the master's daughter is not found in a month."

Just as the pair were about to reply, Youngmin and Kwangmin appeared, with bags of food in their hands. "Hey hyungs! What's the matter? You look like you've just seen a ghost...." 

"As of now, Minwoo is currently a multi-billionaire. After all, documents show that he is his son." The maids told them. As expected, the twins' jaws dropped and their eyes widened. None of them had even thought about the fact that Minwoo was actually a non-biological son of the master. The master didn't treat Minwoo like his son. All he ever did was abuse him, underfeed him, punish him... Everyone knew that Minwoo deserved a better father than that.

"Oh...right... Now I remember.." muttered Youngmin. "Too bad he was far from being an appa for Minwoo." he said through clenched teeth. He still held a lot of hatred for what he did to Minwoo, what he originally planned to do to his cousin, how he played him and all his friends as of they were toys... But before he could get any more angry thinking about it, he was stopped by his twin. "Hyung, let's get Donghyun hyung to eat lunch first. I'm sure the noonas here want to visit Minwoo too. Don't think too much arasso?" The blonde took a deep breath to calm himself down and nodded slowly before following Kwangmin into Minwoo's ward.

The butler and maids followed closely behind, but waited outside the room first. Hyunseong and Jeongmin sat down on the chais along the hospital corridor, not knowing where to start thinking. With everything so complicated, their eldest hyung so worried, their youngest dongsaeng in a coma in the hospital, the master's inheritence.... They didn't know how they could resume back to normal life right now. The cafe was still along the street, closed, empty and a sign hung outside saying it was temporarily closed. Would that sign stay there permanently. They had a feeling it would if Minwoo really didn't wake up. There was almost no way Donghyun or in fact any one of them would have the spirit to open that lively cafe without Minwoo. That cafe was their place of joy, friendships, and even their home. One person gone from the family would change everything.

At that point Donghyun, walked slowly out of Minwoo's ward, head hung low. Though he tried to hide it, everyone could see his red and puffy eyes, from both crying and tiredness. Kwangmin had his hand on his hyung's shoulder. The eldest bowed upon seeing the butler and maids standing outside.

"How is he?" The maids asked softly.

"He woke up slightly once, but like the doctor said, he doesn't seem to be responding."

The butler came and placed a hand on Donghyun's shoulder.

"You must be Donghyun. Thank you and your friends so much for taking care of Minwoo. Don't be too sad. Minwoo wouldn't like to see you like this, I would know. He'll be fine."

The leader gave a weak smile and bowed again. "Kamsahamnida. It's my duty to pretect Minwoo."

With that the butler and maids disappeared into Minwoo's ward, and Hyunseong took his hyung by the arm and led him to the common space on the ground floor of the hospital to have lunch. Donghyun didn't have much appetite though. He managed to force down a few spoonfuls of rice before he closed the box of food. The others looked on with worry, but none of them knew the right words to say. They knew that Donghyun would only be normal again if Minwoo wakes up. 

Donghyun stood up and excused himself. "I'm going up to Minwoo's room." Despite the protests from his dongsaengs the leader walked quickly towards the elevators. Hyunseong, Jeongmin, Youngmin and Kwangmin just looked at each other sadly. At this point there was nothing they could do, right? Nothing to do but hope and pray everything would be fine and fix itself soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days passed. Donghyun was at the hospital everyday, just spending hours by Minwoo's side holding his hand. He almost never left the maknae's side, except when he had to buy food or use the restroom. The leader even slept at the hospital by his crush's side, not wanting to leave him alone overnight. Sometimes Minwoo would slightly open his eyes, twitch his fingers or mumble something incoherent in his sleep, and Donghyun was always there to show him affection, whatever comfort he could provide him, show him he wasn't alone. Time to time he would also whisper sweet nothings into the maknae's ear. Those were the best and worst moments for the leader; it was a a hope that Minwoo might wake up, but disappointment sank in deeper when he realised Minwoo only remained conscious for about a minute. 

The other 4 dongsaengs also visited the hospital daily, but only in the evenings, because although they're not in the mood to, they still had to open the cafe and run the business as usual. After all their livelihood comes from there. They told Donghyun about Minwoo becoming extremely rich, but Donghyun disregarded it, saying there was no way he was going to acknowledge the master as Minwoo's appa. Hyunseong had been put in charge while the leader was at the hospital, and if you ask him, working at the cafe had never been so gloomy. Youngmin helped out by serving the customers but he had to force out a smile and it looked almost fake. Jeongmin and Kwangmin monotonously moved around behind the counter with dull eyes, preparing coffee or waffles as if it was a painfully boring routine. Sometimes they would add in a cute cartoon or wordings but now they simply lost the mood. Hyunseong himself went about with a blank face, mopping the floor lifelessly. 

Every single one of them looked dead, especially the leader who hasn't been able to sleep well at all since the incident. At times they would literally drag the leader home just so he could get a few hours of proper sleep on his bed, only for him to return to the hospital as soon as he was up. This cycle repeated itself for about a week.

.

.

.

Donghyun rested his head on the support bars of Minwoo's hospital bed, of course still holding the younger's hand gently, staring at his crush's beautiful face, at the same time noting he was getting thinner than he already is. The leader sighed quietly and turned his head such that he was looking down, forehead resting on the support bar.

"Minwoo-ah, please wake up. Please don't leave me hanging. I really really miss you..." he mumbled sadly as he squeezed Minwoo's hand. He knew he had to be strong, but a week has passed already, and his hope was crumbling-

A slight squeeze on his hand interrupted his thoughts. His head shot up with widened eyes. Did Minwoo just squeeze his hand back?? All the while he only opened his eyes or mumbled something but never once squeezed his hand. Making sure he wasn't dreaming or going crazy, he squeezed the maknae's hand again gently. When he got a slight squeeze in response, he swore he could've died of happiness. Then, just as he was already overwhelmed, Minwoo's eyes cracked open ever so slowly, he looked disoriented. The younger glanced at his surroundings before his eyes settled again on Donghyun. The leader's eyes widened and ever so gently cupped the side of the maknae's face and ran his thumb across his cheek. He swore he was dazzled and hypnotised by those brown puppy eyes that made him fall for Minwoo. He had missed those eyes so much.

"Minwoo....can you hear me?" he asked softly and hesitantly, fearing it would end with his usual disappointment. 

The maknae slowly nodded, and Donghyun immediately got up from where he was sitting and slammed his hand unto the emergency call button near the bed, before again taking hold of the younger's hand, tears threatening to spill.

"Omy god...Finally you're awake..." Happiness evident in his voice. "How are you feeling?"

Minwoo, who was still quite dazed opened his mouth slightly, trying to form words. "H-hyung.." was all that came out but to Donghyun it was a miracle Minwoo was conscious, responding and even speaking. "Shhh it's ok don't force yourself to speak" he said in a hushed tone, brushing his soft bangs, trying to soothe him. 

At this point nurses came rushing into the room. Seeing Minwoo conscious, they called for a doctor and ushered Donghyun out of the ward to the chairs placed outside while they did a check-up.

The leader had a smile on his face, tears now freely flowing. A week felt like a year, but now it seemed like it was all worth it. He was too overwhelmed by the fact that his prayers were finally answered.

 

 

A/N: Finally an update! Sorry if it was too long since the last one! The end should be coming in a couple of chapters

By the way I have a new fanfic I'm going to work on, and it's on a more major scale. Pls do check it out and comment on what you think of the plot~ I'm probably only to start it when I have time and when I have enough response to it. Kamsahamnida!

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/630537/starship-magic-academy-shinee-sistar-boyfriendband-kwill-boyfriend

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE~ :)