The Twin Game

Boyfriend's Coffee Prince...?

Youngmin  raced down the dimly lit corridors, a million thoughts racing through his mind. Is Minwoo ok? What about his hyungs? His twin Kwangmin? Everything was just so absurd and to be honest he was shaking with fear and he continued his way, not knowing what's lying in store for him. The thought of him not needing to do this at all did cross his mind, but then came the image of Minwoo drowning, and how he first found him abandoned in a box. He couldn't just leave Minwoo after what he promised to his dongsaeng. After all he was the one who was so determined to go, he might as well follow through with it. As he continued to dash through the maze he was intimidated by the creepy torches which hung on the walls as the only source of light. Just as he turned the corner, he got a shock, almost slamming face first into a full length glass panel. He took a few moments to regain his composure before staring through the glass. On the other side was a room. In the middle was a table; 2 keys sitting on top of it. The right side of the room were 2 doors, and the side opposite Youngmin was another glass panel, similar to the one Youngmin was looking through. 

He didn't even have to think that hard. This game was going to be played by both him and his twin Kwangmin, who hasn't seemed to find the glass panel yet. Nervously, he glanced at his watch. Not good, they only had 10 minutes. Where was he?! He then noticed a card and a remote with buttons at his feet

....

Kwangmin was wandering around the maze, scared less but at the same time intrigued by the mysterious place. He had no clue where he was supposed to go or what he was going to do. All he knew was that he'd better hurry. Wandering around for 10 minutes didn't help his case. He started running and about 5 seconds later he felt himself crash into something.

"OW!" Rubbing his head, he found himself staring through a glass panel and on the opposite side of the room was...YOUNGMIN!! HYUNG! Kwangmin was too excited by the fact that he found his twin to notice the card and remote at his feet. Kwangmin then wondered why Youngmin seemed to be shouting something and pointing down. He couldn't hear him, but he got the message, and finally picked up the card as well as the remote.

The card read: 

Twins are a mystery, almost an exact copy 

But just how identical are you 

Perhaps the mind would be different

Press any 8 buttons on the remote,

but your "copy" has to press it too

the same buttons, the same order.

Fail and you'll never see Minwoo again

Kwangmin looked up wide eyed at his twin, not knowing how the heck they were supposed to know which buttons the other was pressing. The remote had weird buttons like star shapes and a mixture of alphabets and numbers, so it would be difficult. Youngmin pointed at himself, indicating he would press the 8 buttons first. Kwangmin nodded in understanding and squinted, trying to see which buttons his hyung was pressing as he held it up for him to see. He could hardly tell though, it was just too small.

Once Youngmin was done, kwangmin tried pushing the buttons that he thought his twin pressed, and hopefully in the same order. He pressed his 8 buttons, but nothing happened. It must be wrong. Panicking, he gave a worried look towards Youngmin who seemed equally troubled. Time was running out, and they had no idea how to complete this game. It was hopeless, it seemed almost impossible, but they had to do it, they just had to...

Kwangmin started intensely at the remote. Surely  there must be a way to get the message to Youngmin... His eyes trailed up and down the remote. There were symbols...some letters a few numbers... He looked them over and suddenly an idea popped up. He waved frantically at the glass panel to get his twin's attention, before signaling he was going to try. Kwangmin pushed the 8 buttons, before turning to Youngmin. He put up 1 finger signaling the first button, and starting clenching and unclenching his fists, and he appeared to be singing a song. 

Youngmin just raised an eyebrow, feeling both confused and annoyed. Was this just another of Kwangmin's weird behavior times?! He sure picked the worst time to do it.. He watched his twin desperately clenching and unclenching his fists in the air. Where had he seen those movements....? It was so familiar...

WAIT! HE GOT IT! Twinkle twinkle little... Youngmin looked at his remote and pressed the first button, star! He gave a thumbs up to Kwangmin, telling him he got it, and also a compliment to his weird, but genius twin. Kwangmin seemed elated his plan was working, and put up the number 7 with his fingers.

He then started clapping his hands, smiling and singing a song. Youngmin tried to see what Kwangmin was singing, but couldn't quite figure it out. Kwangmin then stopped singing and bent down a little, and blew. 

Youngmin got it now. Birthday! But the letters on the remote couldn't spell birthday, and plus it was more than 7 letters. He looked up at his brunette twin, still lost. Kwangmin then pointed towards him, and then himself. Youngmin's mind tried to process the information Kwangmin was telling him. Birthday? Me and him? 

Then the realization hit him. Looking down at his remote he punched in the remaining 7 buttons. 

2-4-A-P-R-I-L

Immediately the glass panels in front of each of the twins were raised and the 2 brother ran and gave each other a big hug, with Youngmin muttering "Kwanggie you're a genius!" over and over. 

Finally they broke the hug, and each grabbing a key, the 2 doors swung open at the same time. Youngmin and Kwangmin rushed in to find 2 of their hyungs Jeongmin and Hyunseong in the semicircle room, standing in front of the big door which still had 3 locks on it. All the other door are opened, except for one. The sound of rushing water filled their ears.

After exchanging quick hugs, and Jeongmin expressing his relief that they were safe, the twins used the keys to unlock 2 more of the chains. Now there was just one more chain left on the door. And it was Donghyun's. 

They tried opening the huge door with all their might but of course it still wouldn't open. They could now peek into the room though, and they saw the corner of the tank which they were sure Minwoo was in. The water level looked pretty high. Hyunseong tried all sorts of angles to try and see Minwoo but he couldn't. 

"Where's donghyun hyung?? There's only 3 more minutes before times up!!!" Youngmin exclaimed with panic clear in his voice. 

The 4 of them could only stare at the last unopened door, praying hard that their hyung would come through in time to save their maknae.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minwoo spluttered and gasped for air as he kicked up to the surface again, panting heavily from the exhaustion of trying to stay above water.  He knew, even without looking down, that there wasn't much loose chain left. His limbs were burning with fatigue to the point it felt numb, his head starting to spin a little from both tiredness and lack of air. The maknae wasn't even sure if he could even afford to stare at the door anymore and hope. The water was near the limit. It was almost the end. It just got harder to stay above water with the chain weighing him down as the water rose each minute, each second. 

His hyungs were probably trying to save him, judging from the movement of the door he had seen earlier. But whether he would be submerged underwater by then is a different story. Minwoo flashbaked to when they took care of him, treating him like family. It was the best love he had felt in his life, and was grateful he got to know how it felt. 

His thoughts were interrupted as he realists he needed to kick again to keep his head above water. Trying to ignore his tired, cramping muscles he kicked up again. That's when he felt it. Just as his his chest came above the water, there was a sudden sharp tug, caused by the band around his waist. Minwoo's eyes widened in terror as he tried to kick up again, only to feel the band restricting him. What he dreaded the most had finally come. There was no more loose chain.

 

And in about 2 minutes, it would drag him underwater completely....