Donghyun's game

Boyfriend's Coffee Prince...?

The master slammed his fists in a fit as his dagger eyes watched Youngmin and Kwangmin completing their game, and hugging the other 2 who have completed their's; Jeongmin and Hyunseong. He never expected them to be able to complete it that easily. The master thought only one, or at most two would be able to complete the game, and victory would be his. However there was only Donghyun, the most important person left before he would lose. 

He fumed at the thought of it. The master absolutely hated losing. He couldn't even admit defeat whenever he loses. He didn't even like the word "lose". Through the CCTV monitors he had a clear view of every room, including the hallways, the location of each game, the room Minwoo was in and the auditorium where all the maids and butlers were seated to watch the game being played. His attention was focused on none other than Kim Donghyun who just completed his game and was now heading towards the bonus game. 

The master was angry he managed to overcome his task, but still smirked in anticipation for how he would react to the bonus. He had thought it through and wonder if Donghyun could actually get past it. He then turned towards the screen with a timer, and noticed there was only slightly over 2 minutes before Minwoo wouldn't be able to stay above the water and breathe. He could see from the screen that the chain had already run out and the poor boy seemed to be panicking  and struggling, yet he looked somehow to be resigned to his fate. The master could only grin cruelly. Tsk tsk what a shame...he sighed. Such a talented boy, yet he might just die like this, all cos he ran away...

He then noticed Donghyun in the bonus game room, and he leaned forward with a smirk on his face, watching and waiting for what the leader would do...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donghyun cursed the master silently under his breath, wincing a little as he grasped the key in his hand while running towards the next room. His arms and legs were scratched, in some parts quite badly. There was also a bit of dirt on his hands.

"Who the hell buries a key in the middle of a thorn patch and asks people to dig it out?" Donghyun muttered angrily to himself, finding the game really stupid and childish. 

But that was the least of his worries. He only had about a minute and a half to go! What if that wasn't enough time to play the bonus and save Minwoo?? He wondered how the others were doing. Were they already there waiting for him?

Dashing into the room he found only a single tiny cabinet, and on top of it sat a slip of paper and a tiny bottle. It was filled with green liquid. Opposite him was the door, probably the finishing line. But first he needed to figure out what he has to do. Donghyun picked up the slip of paper and it read:

Would you give a life for a life?

He felt his mind go blank. His limbs grow numb. He didn't need further explanation. This bonus task was very simple. One choice. Drink this liquid, supposedly poison, and save Minwoo's life but sacrifice his own. Or he doesn't drink it, and Minwoo drowns. 

Taking a deep shaky breath, he glanced at his watch. 30 freaking seconds to go. He didn't have much time to make his decision. 

Thats it. I know what to do.

Grabbing the tiny bottle he swallowed it's entire contents in one gulp. He then tried to suppress a cry as the liquid burned his throat. The label on the bottle read: Kills in 10 minutes. That was enough time to at least say goodbye to Minwoo and tell him how much he loved him, but afterwards, he would die. He would take it for Minwoo. 

The bottom of the cabinet then swung open, and inside sat a hammer. Picking it up, the door opposite him swung open, and he ran through it, just as the timer struck 0...

"Hyung! We have to hurry!!!"

.

.

.

Minwoo choked as he helplessly tried to resign to his fate. There was no more loose chain left. The water level was now at his neck........his chin.....his mouth......

The maknae didn't know what to do at this point. Some part of him just knew that by the movements of that large door, his hyungs were really trying to get to him, but perhaps this game was really nearly impossible. But despite that, Minwoo felt loved that they even came for him. He was beyond happy that they at least tried for him, risking their lives. 

His only regret though, and the most painful one, was not being able to tell donghyun he loved him, so so dearly. Minwoo didn't know how he was going to fulfill that last wish. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be....

His thoughts were interrupted as the water level reached his nose. Taking one final and deep breath, the young boy held it, whatever oxygen left. This was it. The water level had risen above 10 meters, the chain tugging him down, submerging him completely. The noise of rushing could barely be heard now. Everything seemed more peaceful underwater. Since now there wasn't a need to keep above the surface, Minwoo stopped kicking and just relaxed, letting his body slowly sink to the bottom. Somehow the water felt colder and colder against his skin as he sank deeper. Every passing second his lungs were  screaming for air and they felt like bursting.

He couldn't hold it any loner. He knew he couldn't. Slowly, he let his breath out, and a steady stream of air bubbles escaped from Minwoo's mouth, floating up to the surface, where he couldn't reach. The moment his breath was let out, water came in to replace the air, causing Minwoo to choke, only resulting in swallowing more water. His head started spinning, getting dizzy from the lack of oxygen, the sounds around him even more muffled. Darkness crept at the corners of his vision, tugging in slowly, bit by bit. 

Just as Minwoo completely fell into a state of unconsciousness, he thought he saw the door swing open. Then everything went pitch black.

.

.

.

Coughing. Choking. Breathing. 

Minwoo didn't know what was going on. Was he dead? Why couldn't he see the light? The only light he managed to catch a glimpse of was....Donghyun Hyung? He looks so worried... Was this the typical flashback before your death?The image of him lasted for only a few seconds before fading away into darkness again.

.

.

.

"He's here! Please help him!"

Hands. Lifting him, touching him, holding his own. Minwoo could tell. He could observe, but barely felt anything. Beeping. Something being wrapped around him. Many different sounds. Panic. What was going on? 

This wasn't supposed to be what heaven feels like, right? Unless, he's still on earth but how could that be?!

Was that shouting? Why was everything so confusing? Why can't I see anything? Where am I? All those questions, but Minwoo lacked the consciousness to process them. So many happenings he could observe from occasional muffled sounds and feelings. 

A blurred, faint light came into view. It was all white, nothing else. Contorted voices came from many sources beside him. But once again, the white faded away and the voices were gone before he had a chance to figure out where it was coming from. Just darkness.