A Lonely Abandoned Orphan

Boyfriend's Coffee Prince...?

No Minwoo, aged 17, was abandoned by his parents on the streets when he was just a mere 4 years old. They were in great financial difficulty and could not afford to raise him anymore. He was then found by a social worker who sent him to an orphanage, and he had a hell of a time there. Other orphans picked on him for looking girly, but there was nothing he could do about it, so he would often visit his favourite pond at the corner of the orphanage where no one goes and dance to music. Dancing had always been Minwoo's hobby; he just found it fun and easy to move his body in time to the music. This secret life of Minwoo's went on until he was about 8 years old. 

That was when one of the richest men in the city came to the orphanage. Everyone respected this man, for he had a lot of power and would kick up a fuss on just about anything, and he was also known to be very cruel. The teachers gave him the best treatment as he took a tour of the orphanage. He had been hoping to look for a bright child with a lot of potential. Some of the older kids knew who he was, and desperately tried to show off whatever they could do, in hope to get chosen. However, none of them were enough to impress the wealthy man.  Just as he was about to go, he heard music coming from a distance. Curious, he followed the sound until his eyes came upon the young boy dancing, moving his body with agility and grace without missing a beat. Eventually Minwoo saw the man and he jumped in surprise, obviously scared by the man's presence, for he had an evil aura lurking around him; Minwoo could feel it. 

"I want to adopt this child." Gasps were heard from the other orphans. Minwoo only tried to inch furthur away until the man saw him. "You're coming with me." He said coldly. And with that, he dragged Minwoo to the office, filled in the adoption papers, shoved him into a waiting limo and drove off at high speed. Minwoo was petrified. He wondered what was going to happen to him, especilly with such an evil looking man.

Turns out that the man wanted Minwoo for his talented dancing only, and he never really loved Minwoo as a son. Instead, he was treated like a slave, working and dancing almost everyday to please his master or his guests. The master's sons and daughter bullied him, treating him like a maid and sometimes even beating him up just because they were older and bigger. The only thing that kept Minwoo from breaking completely were the other maids and butlers in the mansion. They were shocked the first time they had seen Minwoo, for he was such a young boy, yet working as a slave. They tried to help him whenever they could, but they had a limit of course. The master would sometimes punish Minwoo for either not obeying him or dancing poorly, and there they couldn't help him.

9 years of torture passed just like that. Minwoo had grown up into a teen, but yet nothing much changed with his life. He was almost always in the four walls of the mansion garden, because he wasn't allowed to go outside. Bullying still continued, and so did abuse, hurt and tears. One day, the butlers and maids found him missing, and searched for him. They found him in the corner of the running track, sobbing quietly to himself, and that made their hearts ache. Their master indeed was fierce with them too, but not as bad as Minwoo, he was just a boy. That was when they made up their mind on what they had to do.  One of the maids helped comfort him and helped him wipe away his tears, while the others went to pack his belongings. They handed an envelope to Minwoo with money in it, and said to him: "Go. Escape this place. A young boy like you needs to be free and not trapped and abused here. This money will just be enough for you to buy a few train tickets plus some food. We'll keep the master distracted for as long as we can, okay?" Minwoo's eyes widened and he shook his head. No. What if they get in trouble becuase of him? But the maids were persistant and pecked him on the cheek goodbye before helping him climb over the garden wall. 

Minwoo ran and ran as fast as he could from the mansion. He was free. Finally free for the first time in 9 years. He thought about where he could trvel to to get a good job and start anew. He was thinking: Seoul, of course. So he bought his train ticket and in a few hours was on his way to Seoul. It was going to be a long journey overnight, so he put his head on the table and fell asleep. Maids, butlers, don't worry your effort for me won't go to waste....

*Meanwhile back at mansion*

The wealthy man had just arrived home with a few friends. They sat and chatted over dinner until finally he remmebered Minwoo. "Ah yes, I wanted to show you a brilliant talented boy of mine who's a very good dancer. MINWOO! COME HERE!" he called out. The butlers and maids looked at each other in horror. "MINWOO!" They heard the shout again. Of course there wasn't any Minwoo to respond to his call. The master looked quite irritated and excused himself from his friends for awhile before storming up and stairs while thinking of a punishment, cursing under his breath. He yanked open the door to Minwoo's bedroom only to find all his things gone. Anger boiled inside of the man as he exploded. "ALL SERVANTS COME HERE THIS ISTANT!" It was so ferocious that all the people in the house came to see what was going on. "WHERE IS MINWOO?!" he demanded. Everyone just shrugged,  not daring to own up what they had done. "CALL THE POLICE AND GET THEM TO START SEARCHING IMMEDIATELY! I WANT THE BOY BACK HERE!!" All servants scuttled off like mice, dialling furiously, although they knew they were only increasig Minwoo's chances of getting caught. The man was fuming, taking deep breaths trying to calm himself down. I'll get you No Minwoo, he thought, and you're going to have to pay for it....