Game Rules and Hyunseong's flashback

Boyfriend's Coffee Prince...?

The sinister voice made all of them shiver. Well, all except Donghyun.

"Yah!" he yelled. "Where's Minwoo?! We want to see him!"

Suddenly in the darkness a bright light lit up the room. The light was coming from a screen on one of the walls. On the screen, they could see the big, evil-looking man grinning evily at them from his study desk. The boys also noticed many cameras installed around the room. The man's eyes seemed to burn holes in everything.

"He's fine....for now. You want to see him so much? Then you'll have to find him."

Nobody dared to speak. They just waited in silence for the man to continue. The master chuckled.

"Quiet now, are we? Fine. Let me explain the rules of the game. If you notice in the room you are in has 5 doors, excluding the one you came in from."

Everyone looked around and saw the 5 wooden doors all lined up in a row. Each door had a small rectangular screen on it. The master, seeing that they knew what he was talking about, continued.

"These 5 doors are actually entrances to a huge underground maze. There are many dead ends. Each door only has one route to get to the center of the maze. Along that route, you will have to play my games and obtain a key. All 5 keys will then unlock the room in the middle of the maze and that's where your precious Minwoo is..."

Donghyun could feel anger boiling up inside of him, Youngmin and Kwangmin too scared to move and Jeongmin and Hyunseong staring at the man, having mixed feelings and wondering what else he could be up to.  The master, seeing their expressions, laughed hysterically.

"You should see the look on your faces. Anyway, this game just means that if one of you fails, the whole game is lost and all of you will have to bow down to me and be my slaves, and Minwoo...." he paused, giving a sly smirk. "...you would not ever see him again.."

That was enough to make Donghyun snap. He began running towards the screen with the man's face on it and hitting it hard with his fists. He might have broken the screen if not for Hyunseong and Jeongmin who held him back. The leader shouted and yelled while trying to get out of their grip.

"No! Don't harm him! If you ever harm him I swear I'll kill you!!! Where is he?! I want to see him now!!!" 

The master simply scoffed at him. "Why? Care about him so much? Okay then, here he is."

The master pressed a few buttons and on another screen out came a CCTV recording of a boy slumped against  the bottom in a corner of a huge glass tank that was probably 15 metres high. There was a huge metal band around his waist. The metal band was connected by a chain that was attached to a steel ring fixed on the bottom of the tank on the other end. The boy seemed unconscious, but everyone could tell it was unmistakably Minwoo.

"YAH! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HIM!?" Hyunseong shouted, worrying about why Minwoo was chained to the bottom of a huge glass tank. The master shot him an annoyed look before snapping back.

"Shut Up! I just put some drug in his food to make sure he doesn't escape!"

Suddenly the master stopped. He peered more closely at Hyunseong. "Aren't you Mr Shim's son?" 

Hyunseong's eyes widened in disbelief. "H-how did you know...."

The master only stared wide eyed for a few more seconds before he returned to that horrible evil face.

"Hm...this is interesting. You've grown since I last saw you. Don't you remember comng here when you were 11 with your dad?"

Hyunseong thought hard. "With....my dad...?" he muttered to himself, trying to recall. Suddenly memories began rushing back to him......

FLASHBACK

"Woah! Appa! This place is huge!" Hyunseong exclaimed, at the age of 11, walked alongside his appa as they strolled around the mansion. The mansion at that time had still been somewhat lively and still fascinating to a boy his age.

Hyunseong's appa, Mr. Shim was a friend of the master's and had been invited to the mansion for dinner. Mr. Shim decided to bring along his son to see the master. Mr Shim, seeing his son's excitment, merely laughed a little.

"Hyunseong-ah, this place is owned by my friend. Later when you see him greet him properly ne?" He smiled when he recieved an enthusiatic nod from his son. 

As they entered the main hall, they saw a group of around 10 people gathered at te couches eating and having a drink. The master spotted Mr Shim and his son and tried his best to give them a warm smile, but that had always been difficult. Hyunsoeng greeted the master politely and bowed. The master seemed satisfied with his behaviour.

"Mr Shim, I would like to discuss some business matters with you.." the master spoke. Mr Shim and the master had met through business and they were both rich and successful, except the master had been much more rich. Despite that, the Shim family were rather well-off.

Mr Shim nodded and turned to his son. 

"Hyunsoeng-ah, appa has to discuss some work okay? Why don't you go and play with the other children here and I'll look for you later."

He then called one of the maids to show Hyunseong where the games room was. Waving goodbye to his appa, he followed the maid up the stairs and across the long corridors. The maid was one of those who was close to Minwoo, and was very fond of children.

"What your name?" she asked as they were walking towards the games room.

"I'm Hyunseong, 11 years old!" Hyunseong replied enthusiastically making her laugh and pinch his cheek.

"Aigoo you're so cute!" she squeeled. "I know just the right playmate for you!"

Now, instead of heading towards the games room, Hyunseong found himself following the maid to the worn and tattered part of the mansion, where all the servants lived. The bright coloured wallpaper that covered the walls of the hall, master's rooms and games room were very different from the grey, dull walls and some even had paint scraping off. 

Soon they reached a door that had paint peeling off. The maid slowly opened the door and Hyunseong could see that the room was very plain; only a simple bed, and a table. Sitting on the bed was a boy that looked younger than Hyunseong. He had soft looking brown hair and puppy eyes, and had been reading a book when the 2 of them entered.

The boy looked up at the maid before shifting his gaze to Hyunseong, looking somewhat scared. The maid walked over to the boy and sat down beside him, ruffling his hair.

"Minwoo-ah, this is Hyunseong, Mr. Shim's son. His appa has to settle something so you keep him company until around dinner time okay?" she spoke gently to the boy.

Minwoo stared at Hyunseong for a moment before slowly nodding his head. The maid beamed and ushered Hyunseong to join Minwoo before leaving to get back to her duties. 

Hyunseong looked at Minwoo, noting that Minwoo seemed really quiet and shy, so he decided to take the initiative. Smiling as wide as he could, he intoduced himself.

"Annyeong! I'm Hyunseong, 11 years old." 

Minwoo slowly looked up at Hynseong with hesitation. "I'm Minwoo, 8 years old..." he said softly. Minwo had often spent his time either interacting with the maids who could actualy be his umma, or merely dancing for other strangers he doesn't know, so talking to another boy wasn't so easy.

Hyunseong on the other hand was a more lively type, so he tried to get Minwoo to open up. 

"Oh...I'm older than you by 3 years. You can call me hyung if you want..." This got a slight and shy smile from Minwoo.

And so a light conversation began. They talked about mostly random things and nothing in particular. Minwoo was glad Hyunseong was a nice fellow since it's been a realy long time since he had someone his age to talk to. After about an hour or so, Hyunseong remembered something.

"Yah...Minwoo. Why is your room all the way back here in the dark but your appa's and hyungs and noonas rooms are all on the other side where it's better?"

Hearing this, Minwoo lowered his head in shame. He didn't want to tell Hyunseong, a rich, high-class person about his lowly life here. Hyunseong noticed Minwoo's discomfort and strange behaviour, and immediately became worried.

"You okay..?" he asked gently.

Minwoo nodded his head and with his lip quivering, began to speak.

"T-They're not my family. He's not my appa and they are not my hyungs and noonas. I was adopted but they don't love me...." he broke down crying after he finished that sentence. Did Hyunseong despise him? For being such a lowly persom who wasn't loved?

Instead, Minwoo felt warm arms pulling him into an embrace. Surprised, he turned around and saw Hyunseong smiling at him. "It's okay.." he said. "I'm here for you"

The younger boy was touched. Never before had someone his age so caring towards him. "Promise..?" Minwoo asked holding up his pinky finger. Hyunseong laughed at his dongsaeng's cuteness. "I promise!" he said while locking his pinky finger with Minwoo's.

However, after that day, Mr Shim didn't have another chance to bring Hyunseong to the mansion again to see Minwoo. In addition, the master turned cruel after losing some money in business, and stopped inviting guests to his house. From then, Minwoo and Hyunseong were separated.

END OF FLASHBACK

Hyunseong was interrupted from his thoughts by the master's horrible sadistic laugh. 

"Remember? Ah, glad to know that you'll be playing MY game in the same place eh?" he said with a mocking tone. Hyunseong gave the master an intense glare. However the master did not acknowledge him anymore and turned back to the game rules.

"As I was saying, all of you will have to split up and get all 5 keys. And one of you will have to play the bonus game. This bonus game would really help you to save Minwoo once you're in the center room. But..." he smriked. "this bonus game is almost impossible. No one has ever passed it before. This will determine how far you'll go to save Minwoo."

Donghyun didn't have to think twice. He signalled to all the others that he would be the one to play the bonus game.

"And another thing...there's a time limit. All of you will have to get to the center before 20 minutes is up. You know why? The moment you start finding your way, water will be flowing into the tank Minwoo is in. He might be able to swim, but the chain blocks him at a certain level, which is at 10 metres.  After that he won't be able to breathe and..." the master drew his finger across his throat.

Everyone was shocked. He was actually going to kill Minwoo. They needed to act fast. With determination, Donghyun glared at the master. 

"You don't scare us. Hurry up and start the game!"

The master snorted. "Fine" 

Then suddenly, on each of the 5 doors, a text on the screen lit up. It showed each one of their names.

"Find the door with your name on it and get ready."

Everyone looked at each other and nodded, silently wishing each other good luck and to never give up. They then stood in front of the door assigned to them; first was Jeongmin, then Hyunseong, followed by Youngmin, Kwangmin and finally Donghyun.

The master had the start button ready. "One. Two....THREE!"

All 5 doors flew open revealing the dimly lit passges of the concrete maze. All 5 of them took of running down the passges as fast as they could, all with only one thing in mind: Saving Minwoo.

~Meanwhile in center room~

Minwoo slowly opened his eyes. He looked at his surroundings, confused at where he was. He remembered he was in the prison cell when he felt tired and fell asleep. He sould see glass all around him and...he felt a metal band around his waist that chained him to the glass bottom. Minwoo tried banging his fist against the glass tank but it was too thick. There was no place for him to climb up and out of the tank. 

Suddenly, he heard the rush of water and saw water flowly into he tank through 4 taps at the top of the tank. This was when Minwoo realised what was going to happen to him. He tugged and clawed with all his might at the metal band around his waist, as well as pulling on the chain attached to the floor. It wouldn't budge.

The water was now at his ankles and rising fast. He panicked at started hitting the sides of the tank with all his might. He could swim, but Minwoo knew the length of the chain would prevent him from ever reaching the top of the tank. He would drown.

Tears started making their way down his cheeks as he thought this was finally the end. His hyungs are now probably fighting for their lives as well as his, but if they didn't make it....

Minwoo continued tugging at the chain, hoping at would eventually break, but it didn't. The water level was now at his knees, and he knew soon he would have to swim to keep afloat and breathe. 

"Donghyun hyung....help..please.." he whimpered, as he stared through the glass at the door, waiting for the person he loved, he depended on, to save him and tell him eveything was okay.