Broken Friendship

Never Look Back

Seungyeon's POV

Gyuri came marching out. "Yah!! What are you thinking?! How can you do that to Eunjung?!" I felt that strong fire coming back again. Why must I always be the good guy? Why can't I switch roles for once?!

"Gyuri-ah, she was the one who stole Jonghun! She's the one!! So why won't you understand?" I wailed, tears creeping into my eyes.

"You were never like this," Gyuri said, shocked. "the old Seungyeon is not like that. She will always forgive and forget."

I felt so hurt at that time. Yes, it's true. The old Seungyeon will always forgive and forget. But that just make me a gullible nobody. I can't even protect the things I love.

"Gyuri-ah.. Are you on my side or Eunjung's side?" I asked.

Gyuri's POV

What..? How am I going to answer this? Ok, I'll be very honest..

"Seungyeon-ah.. I don't think Eunjung was the one who stole Jonghun and changed him. She doesn't seem like that sort.."

Seungyeon's tears rolled down her cheeks. "I always thought you were on my side," she said, almost whispering. "I always thought I could rely on you. But it seems like I'm wrong."

Omo, Seungyeon-ah! What are you thinking..? "Seungyeon-ah.. What do you what to do?" I could sense something not right.

Seungyeon shook her head. Then she wiped her tears. "I have to be independent, since you won't be with me anymore." Then she ran upstairs to her room. I could hear things moving about.

Is she packing her bags? Is she going to leave? No, please don't, Seungyeon-ah, I'm sorry for saying that. I'll always be on your side. But these words never came out of my mouth. I stood there, frozen.

Somehow I still think I'm right and she's wrong. Eunjung doesn't seem like that sort. My thoughts were in a mess. I can't think straight!

Then Seungyeon came downstairs with her bags. She looked at me straight in the eye. Don't go, Seungyeon!! That was all I could think of.

A minute passed. We were still in the same position, quiet. I thought I could hear a pin drop. I could hardly dare to breath.

Then Seungyeon went. She left. Maybe forever, I don't know. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I sanked to my knees and sobbed like never before.

 

Sorry for super short chapter >< Here's something for you: 

And this!