At The Last Minute

Never Look Back

Seungyeon's POV

I walked home, kicking stones and sand on the road as I did so. I got rejected. Again. I can never get a job! I sighed. Then I thought of what Jonghun did that day. Does he love me? Is he that.. cheap? Just because of that and he wants to get back with me again. I stopped in my tracks. How exactly do I feel? Yes, that's the question. How exactly do I feel?

I sighed and walked to a nearby playground. I sat on a swing and swung myself gently. The answer is.. yes. If there's a chance to get together, I will. I will blindly accept the fact that he 'loves' me again. When it's all a lie. But now the question is.. is it a lie?

Choi Jonghun.. I feel- I honestly feel that time's running out. There's a limit to my patience. Get me, before it's too late.

Hongki's POV

I sat thinking about what Eunjung said. Everything's alright? Really? No, obviously not. Something's wrong. And i'm going to find out. I got out of bed and ran to the room Eunjung went to find the doctor and asked what happened.

______

I walked out, heart racing. Eunjung.. got cancer! Tears filled up my eyes. What's going to happen to her? Suddenly, flashbacks appeared. Slowly, then faster.. and faster.. until I felt giddy.

FLASHBACK

"Eunjung-ah, how can you do this to yourself..?" I sighed.

"You-" she began, but I cut in. "You shouldn't care about me? Was that you were going to say? NO. Im not letting you go. So let's go. Before Jonghun comes."

"No, you go! GO!"

I ignored her. I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the street. she struggled to yank it out, but my grip was too tight.

She didn't give up. She was strong and it continued for a long time. Then it happened. She yanked too hard and I stumbled.

I went onto the road... And got hit by a huge truck on the head.

END OF FLASHBACK

Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face. Eunjung-ah.. it's not your fault. More flashbacks came. Me and her.. happily together.. and the fact that I loved her came to me. Now I know why.. Eunjung-ah.. I love you..

Grabbing my car keys, I drove out of the hospital to find Eunjung.

Seungyeon's POV

Sighing, I decided to continue to walk home. Just then, I heard Jonghun. "Seungyeon! Han Sengyeon!" I turned around and saw him running. "I-I'm s-sorry.. " he panted. Then he reached out to hug me. All the breath was knocked out of me. I remembered what I said just now. That If there's a chance to get together, I will. Tears filled up my eyes. "You're lying, I know."

Jonghun looked into my eyes. "No, no. I'm not. " He moved closer and tears ran down his cheeks too. "I shouldn't have.. I'm sorry. I'm all to blame. I wrecked your life!" He cried.

Jonghun's POV

Yes, this is the right thing to do. It has to be. I felt like I never hugged someone for years. I finally realised my feeling for Seungyeon. I don't want to ever let you go.

"Sweet couple."

I frozed, shocked. That voice.. that girl.. I turned to see my lover.. Hyejeong. She was smirking and folding her arms. My heart dropped to the ground. "Hyejeong-ah.. you're back..You're back!!" I gasped and let go of Seungyeon. I ran towards her.

To my horror, she whipped out a gun and pointed it at my forehead. Seungyeon screamed. "Jonghun, watch out!" I stopped, and my heart did too. "Hyejeong-ah.. why?" 

"Stop calling me Hyejeong. I'm not Hyejeong. My name is Choa. Park Choa. The one and only." she smirked dangerously. "What..? Why are you like this? What are you talking about?" I stammered. Hyejeong.. or Choa.. whistled. Suddenly, 20 more men rushed out. They grabbed Seungyeon.

"Ahh!! Help!" She screamed. "Seungyeon-ah! I'll get you." Meanwhile, I turned to Hyejeong. "That's your identity? Park Choa?" She laughed and looked at me in the eye.

"You destroyed everthing. You, your father, your family. You took away everything! My uppa had to go to jail because of you. You changed everything! I've never seen such a disgusting man like you. You who always blame others. I hate you, you know? I hate you to the core. You took away all I had. Then you left me in the end."

"I-I can explain! Hye-" Choa ordered the men to put Seungyeon in the van. They nodded and Seugnyeon screamed. "What do you want?! Please, Hyejeong, stop."

Choa sighed in an overly fake way. "Mianhae, jagiya.. I'm here to take revenge."

Hongki's POV

I pulled up in front of Eunjung's house. Took out my hand phone and called her to come down.

When she did, she looke lost and worried. "I'm sorry.. I know everything. I remember.. " I began. Hopes high, Eunjung turned to me. "What do you remember..?"

I looked into her eyes. "I remember that I-I love you.." Eunjung cover to stop the tears but I took them away. Slowly, I moved closer, closer..

And our lips touched.

Jonghun's POV

Choa put the gun to my forehead. "I mean it."

"I know you mean it. But let me say a few last words to you and Seungyeon." I begged. Choa nodded. "Shoot." I took a deep breath. "All I want to say is.. I'm sorry. I know saying this won't change a thing but I still have to say it."

I saw Choa blinked a few tears away. "Yes, I love you. But I hate you too. I've no choice. What about Seungyeon?" She led me towards the van and opened the door. "Jonghun!!!!!" She cried. I shook m head. "I have to get my punishment. I love you, Seungyeon. I'm sorry. Please be strong." Then I turned away, hiding my tears.

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She screamed but it was too late. The door closed and Choa pointed te gun.

One.. Two.. Three

Noboby's POV

Bang! went the gun. Jonghun's lifeless body hit the ground and Seungyeon screamed. This should be fate.